1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

After Fitzpatrick throwing 6 TD against the Titans, there are fans out there believe he is the QB that can lead us to the playoff.

After the Rockets will have a 3 games losing streak like 3 games in 4 nights on the road, there are fans out there crying to fire Morey's ass.

And yes, they are the same people.

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

One owner kept a coach like kubiak around after the fans knew him n schaub were average at best. They would of been gone after the 3rd year with Leslie Alexander.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think we should generalize more about people based on skin color and teams people root for. It's a great look.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

so have the Rockets, but Rockets FIND A WAY to get over those humps, Texans are stuck in the hole they dug themselves into.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. What a pathetic excuse. Thats all the Texans have been about, excuses.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

yup yup yup

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Unlucky? LOL

Unlucky is having a rainbow shot with 0.9 secs left go in somehow.

Unlucky is not going 2-14.

8. MadMax

I can't stand the way the Texans have been run...can't stand it. In terms of how a franchise is run, the Texans are BY FAR my least favorite franchise in Houston.

Having said that...let's not pretend it's all been sunshine and rainbows with the Rockets. We've won exactly ONE playoff series since 1997. That's ridiculous in a sport where more teams make the playoffs than don't. There are only a handful of teams that can claim that kind of futility over the same span...and they're all terrible franchises.

9. SemisolidSnake

I've often joked with the people around me (joked simply because I know it would never happen) that Morey should be given the position of Chief General Manager of the Texans, Rockets, and Astros. He could appoint his own subordinates to directly manage each team. He'd have no problem quickly learning the science of properly building a contending baseball and football team. The Big Three Houston sports have been in such a gutter forever (aside from the Rockets), that the fourth biggest city in the country ought to let the one guy in Houston sports that knows what he's doing try to remedy situation.

I also think Houston fans ruin the Texans. How many years is the waiting list for Texans tickets, still? If you want to see your team improve, don't pay them when they suck. Stop filling up that stadium, and make them earn your patronage like every other business.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

no I know I understand that it's just the rockets still somehoe compete year in year out

11. MadMax

I get that...and then there'd be a huge segment of folks who would rip Houston for not supporting their team no matter what. For being fair-weather fans.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I made a thread about this a couple weeks ago.

30 straight years this team would have a winning record if not for injuries. And even though we haven't had a LOT of success in a while, we still have two titles.

Things are far better for our Rockets than many of us admit.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Just wish Houston media in general would appreciate this team more..

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

but you know what at the same time..who cares about Houston media...my Rockets are winning, that's all that matters right now

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

Wrong. We left him wide open. He makes that shot a very high percentage of the time.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would guess that you don't know too many older "White people" who are native Houstonians and have rooted for Houston's teams since Houston got their fuking teams. Native Houstonians who not only find your remark insulting, but just damned stupid, with all due respect. Native Houstonians who followed the Oilers from day one, who cheered them on regardless of their record, who cursed Bud Adams while he had the team, and cursed him after he stole the Oilers from Houston and took them to some dumb ass state somewhere up there where folks actually praise a dirty thief. Native White Houstonians, one typing this post, who can't understand why it matters WHAT the color of their skin happens to be, because they love their city, and love the teams that represent Houston. Even the fuking Texans, named by an idiot who apparently thinks that unless the city's football team is named after the state in which it resides, no one outside of Houston will have a clue as to where Houston is. "Hey! Let's name the team after the state and make sure the world knows where Houston is!" Yeah, real fuking smart, idiot rich dude.

Other than that, I don't have much of an opinion. Carry on.

1 person likes this.
  17. jedicro

jedicro Member

This is like 4 rants in one. Really a bang for your buck post.

Read it twice, and would read it again.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

THIS. The Rockets really have nothing to crow about either until they actually do something in the playoffs. The current Texans under Rick Smith remind me of the Rockets under Carroll Dawson and that's just not a good place to be.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

sad :confused:

20. bmd

bmd Member

Why are you talking about the Oilers? What does that have to do with the Rockets?