1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I can't wait for both teams to bring home the big one. Superbowl win will be crazy, but I feel it will be the same if the Rockets did too. Houston is pretty big on supporting teams during Playoffs.. not to much during the season lol.

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

So you came in August and only saw Giants gear?

Imagine that... baseball season and no football.

Try being here after October, noob.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds good, I'll come by after the holidays.

4. baubo

baubo Member

Personally it’s the other way around. The Rockets make me depreciate the Texans. The Texans have the best of everything, most fandom, richest owner, best support thick and thin, and even the crappiest division for much of their existence, and they’ve still been so crappy. They really do put the worst product on the floor while having the best situation.

Astros I can understand failure. We had nothing when Drayton left. No young prospects, bad big league club, no tradable commodities, and a sport where you cannot build immediately unless you spend at higher-than-Yankee level. But Texans, they have no excuses to not be at least above average organization.

5. jedicro

jedicro Member

I'm not that big of a football fan but even I think this is ridiculous.

That said, I've loved the Texans turn towards mediocre. I despise this city's obsession with the Texans at the expense of the Rockets. We have an 18-5 team that no one freaking talks about. Screw those losers.

6. jedicro

jedicro Member

Right this second my co-workers are talking about who is playing QB next week and the re-signing of Case Keenum. WHO CARES?! THE SEASON IS OVER!!! YOU'RE JUST FIGHTING FOR A WORSE DRAFT PICK!!

/rant

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'd rather have the Texans fade away like the Astros and become a bottom tier team for several several years.

Sick of listening to this so called local sports radio talk about the Texans all the time when the Rockets are clearly the best franchise in Houston and actually have a chance of winning. Waiting for the day when local radio is 80% Rockets, 10% soap opera and maybe 10% for the Texans and Astros combined.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Texans don't do what it takes to win neither do they address their real needs. If they do address those needs they don't do it the right way. Don't feel sorry for good ol boy management systems.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Your wish of the Astros being <10% of local radio already is true, your wish for the Texans to become part of that 10% won't ever happen. To be honest, if the Texans got sold tomorrow to another owner who moved cities, this would still not happen. You would have a solid year of complaining and heartache over the Texans even if the Rockets ended up in winning the finals.

It sickens me to hear them do nothing but talk about the Texans QB situation all day when the Rockets are having one of their best starts ever. Can't use the excuse that "Oh, well half the city can't even watch the games" anymore.

I swear every morning I turn on 790 on my way to work and it's Lance's voice talking about the Texans. Adam will put in his 15 seconds of Rocket news before Lance goes "Yeah yeah, they are doing good but I want to get back to the Texans and what's going on with their QB"

I'm at the point where I'm trying to find a way to record the Post game feedback from the Rockets radio broadcast since this always happens after my bedtime, but haven't found a reasonable solution yet without having to keep the radio on all night.

10. jedicro

jedicro Member

I actually enjoy baseball. In truth I enjoy football too. Problem was I have a real long commute so I constantly hear the endless talk about the Texans and it soured me. That hasn't happened with the Astros and I like the way they're rebuilding.

11. jedicro

jedicro Member

I get angry just listening to you describe it.....

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I hate to break it to you chumps, but the Rockets have never been well supported, even when there wasn't a football team to "steal" their attention.

As somebody who proudly supports all 3 teams, f**k you guys.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

That guy annoys me to no end, there's no other radio show host that so blatantly disregards any conversation about the rockets. Even the 610 guys can stay on topic for at least a few minutes if the Rockets are being discussed. You can obviously see his lack of interest and stirring to get things back to Football.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

You have a point, a good one. I am not a huge Morey fan, but compared to Rick Smith, well....

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

You misunderstand, I don't think anyone here hates the Texans (except FTW Rockets FTW). What we can't stand Houston's single-minded obsession with them. I would happily root for the Texans if they weren't constantly shoved down my throat at the expense of the Rockets.

Being that that's not the case, f**k these inbred hicks who constantly call in because they "saw Case play at UH, and and and and I'm telling you, Kubiak didn't know what he was doing cause, cause..cause.. alma mater...I mean not really cause I didn't graduate high school, but I live in the city where that school is!"

1 person likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Want a cookie?

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

So edgy. Demanding respect for supporting a sports team as opposed to doing something that actually matters in this life. It's just entertainment, give it a rest hotshot.

18. bmd

bmd Member

I would guess a lot of older white people just aren't big NBA fans. They'll go to some games here and there. They'll watch the Rockets in the playoffs. But they are just very casual fans.

And they are probably the most likely people to listen to sports talk radio on their way to work. And they like football. So the stations cater to their audience.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'd be curious to know how much more interest we would have if the Rockets were called "Houston Bull Riders" and 10 out of 12 players were Caucasian.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Old White people like tailgate. They like to get drunk for a few hours with their pickup truck laced with flags while their wives high on meds. Basketball can't compete with that spectacle.

Basketball is very popular with young people. Young people will grow tired of the mediocrity that is Texans football.