1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans are bringing back Case Keenum

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tmactoyao, Dec 15, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

should have ran the wild torro last week so that there weren't any fumble snaps in the running game =)

keenum was just clutch today, willing phat randy to a career day.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He actually has a better chance of becoming an elite offensive coordinator and possible head coach.

A lot of the great play-callers today seem to have come from that sort of lineage.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I think if the Texans keep him in shot gun, he could run a nice show. It seems like the designed plays with a designed throw, failed more often than not, whereas when he was allowed to see the field and pick the open man, he did much better. That of course present challenges to the run game, but the Texans can allow him to read the defense and switch to runs. Just seemed like he did better running out of the passing sets and shotgun as he did in college. Overall nice game for having been on the sideline all year. He was sharp enough.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I know that Keenum didnt "play well" but considering the circumstances...I cant believe that this is the way he wouldve gotten his first ever win in the NFL.

Last year, the Texans started Keenum against Arizona...only to have the team fall apart down the stretch of the game. This time the coaching gave Keenum a bit more rope...I thought he did very well executing the no huddle. That tempo totally confused the Ravens and the Texans were moving the ball well on that drive. I think the Texans need to run more of that just to get Case into a rhythm early on...then rely on Foster down the stretch of games.

Finally, after such poise and determination by a kid who was cut, I wonder how BOB feels about him going into next year. Does Case have a chance to be the back up? He sure as heck deserves a shot/camp invite. And perhaps, Case's first taste of success might make BOB rethink his views towards undersized QB's...who knows. I am really happy for Case...and glad his first victory was a meaningful one as well. Thank you Case...

5. Mr. Motiejunas

Lets bring this young man back. He'd be cheap and better than Osweiler. :eek::eek::D

Hank McDowell and Snow Villiers like this.
  6. today

today Contributing Member

Thumbs down for making me think this was current... Nearly gave me a heart attack to think that Case Keenum was the solution to our QB problems =(

Creepy Crawl and Snow Villiers like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given how absolutely awful Jared Goff looked last year the Rams might not want to let Keenum go.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

LOL!!! F**k it! :D:D:D

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know some of you are bored, but why do this?

rockpileindisma likes this.
  10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

go away DMO

rockpileindisma and ramotadab like this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

And Jeff Fisher too?

12. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Me too, freaked me out, but wouldnt doubt if were true, :eek:

13. Fantasma Negro

Dude you're stuck in the past. Change your avatar and start researching college qbs in the upcoming draft

rockpileindisma likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

Do it. The Titans are going to steam roll the division if they get Marshall and Williams.

15. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

16. alethios

alethios Member

Who's brilliant idea on the Texans was it to let him go and keep Savage?

TejasTom likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um.....Keenum was NOTHING....2 years in LA. He had TWO decent games at the end of the season in 2014. Got a 7th round pick for him. Nice revisionist history. Geez.....

18. alethios

alethios Member

I'm know, but i'm pissed that he turned out so great on another team and we get left with scraps. Praying for Watson to stay healthy next season.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was nothing when he had coaches that didn't want him or were incompetent, he's doing pretty amazing right now on a team with a competent coach that wants him there. You can't blame QB's for not looking very good with garbage like BOB and Jeff Fisher and Gary Kubiak was so against him being in the game due to loyalty to Schaub that he picked being fired over playing him.

As soon as Keenum got in a good situation, he thrived.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

Diggs said following the Vikings’ dramatic victory. “... It’s our team, we have a group of fighters, guys tha fight until the end, until the clock hits zero. Especially on offense, half of the guys on offense nobody wanted.”

red5rocket likes this.