1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrible Movies That You Enjoy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, May 21, 2017.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Watching Blackhat again and I still like it. The Rotten Tomatoes Critics rating is 34% and Audience rating is 24%.
    I suppose I should set parameters, so both meters under 50% seems appropriate, but the lower the better.
    Any other movies that y'all enjoy as contrarians?

don grahamleone and jae713 like this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most campy Joan Crawford movies (is there another kind), but this is the champion...by far. Get your head right and you'll laugh your a$$ off.

[​IMG]

#2 Plowman, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Blood surf.

Let's cut our legs, throw chum in the water, and surf with sharks!!

Spoiler alert, there's a 50 foot crocodile and pirates!

#3 CCorn, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Kim likes this.
  4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

So terrible, but so, so entertaining:
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/congo

Critics 23%, audience 29%.

I crack up just thinking about it.
    "STOP. Eating. My SES-AME cake!"

Ernie Hudson was amazing in this. And Tim Curry. Because Tim Curry.

[​IMG]

Rocket River, Kim and nickb492 like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Dude Where's My Car always has a special place in my heart.... "Annnnnnnnnnd thennnnnnnnnnnnnn...."

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I have a fondness for leprechaun.
    Ring around the rosies pocket full of posies

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Tsk tsk forgot the link

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's my boy with Adam Sandler.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I do love the fist Underworld and that's in the mid-30s. Vampires vs Werewolves in a modern day bloodbath with Kate Beckinsale and Bill Nighy; what's not to like?!

And I am a sucker for disaster movies and big Summer popcorn fun...so stuff like Dante's Peak, Volcano, Deep Impact, Daylight, Day After Tomorrow, 2012 and San Adreas I enjoy to varying degrees...and yes I even love Armageddon in all it's over-the-top, completely implausible glory.

I remember actually enjoying Speed 2 back in the day, and thinking if it wasn't a sequel to Speed it might have been received a bit better. Though I tried watching it again within the past year, and now I'm thinking I was just a dumb kid at the time!

10. conquistador#11

Any resident evil movie just because I enjoy Milla.

jae713 likes this.
  11. jae713

jae713 Member

The Postman and Waterworld have a pretty bad rating on RT but I have watched them at least ten times each. Also, I enjoyed some of the M. Night's movies that everyone hates like The Village and Lady In The Water. I think that has to do more because Bryce Dallas Howard is my future wife though.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jae713 likes this.
  13. jae713

jae713 Member

This is so us.

subtomic and heypartner like this.
  14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I guess I should have amended the title to "Terrible Movies That You Enjoy And No One Else Does." We all like campy, cheesy, and mindless action movies at times. I'm looking for damn awful movies that not only critics hate, but regular Joe's hate too, but you for some reason really like.

Not opposed to watching old western's, but it's not high on my list. IMDB also has this rated as 7.7/10 so most viewers must have enjoyed Johnny Guitar.

Now this is something I can give a shot to while folding laundry.

Seen it. Awful. Loved it.

Enjoyed it in the moment, then felt dumber after watching it.

51% audience approval on RT, and one of the greatest opening minutes of movie of all time, lol.

Underworld has like a 79% audience rating. You have a lot of summer fun movies in there, but a few duds too. I can't recall Deep Impact so I might have to cue that up. And whichever of Volcano or Dante's Peak had volcano's erupting in LA while James Bond was trying to save everyone...that was and awful and fun, lol.

People like The Village. Waterworld was fun....guess I have to give Lady in the Water a shot: 24% critics, 49% audience.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Road House" is one of the stupidest, should-be-most-offensive movies, and the "acting" makes Hayden Christensen in "Attack of the Clones" look like Brando in "The Godfather." But the skin quotient is such that I'll watch it when it sneaks onto HBO / Cinemax / Showtime (provided the wife isn't in the room).

"Commando" ranks down there as absolute dogs*** but I love it because it has some of the worst bloopers EH-VUH. Now that you can watch it in slow-mo and watch all the stuntmen in cheesy mustaches (to look "Latino") or the awful dialogue or the inconsistent shots (when he's carrying Sully with one arm, you can see the wire attached to his ankle; when he drives away in Sally's car ["I let him go"], the demolished side of the car is suddenly brand new; and those are the BETTER f***-ups).

The 1976 "King Kong" isn't really a favorite but Jessica Lange, aged 27. 'Nuff said.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Event Horizon

Children of the Corn

There are many more than these two.

17. RQM3830

RQM3830 Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Money Pit

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Yesterday I watched The Huntsmen: Winters War (Snow White sequel) and it's really bad but Charlize and Emily Blunt give such fantastic campy performances.

All Time thou? Freaking Showgirls.

Edit; Someone mentioned Underworld and while the first one is good for it's genre, they've gotten wose with each release. The most recent one felt really rushed and cheap. And it seemed that the producers had a meeting and said 'kids like Game of Thrones, lets work that in somehow.' Whoa and behold we get a northern Ice realm and f*cking Tywin Lannister. Fantastic cheese!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. jsingles

jsingles Member

There are sadly several absolutely terrible movies that I enjoy.

Steven Seagal - that encompasses no less than six direct to video movies that are currently on Netflix, I watch them to fall asleep, and god damned are they terrible, every single one of them
    The Stuff
    Blank Check - although can a Disney movie aimed at kids really be terrible?
    Trolls 2
    3 Ninjas Strike Back
    Live Free or Die Hard
    The Longest Yard - Sandler version