1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrible Movies That You Enjoy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, May 21, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

You sooooo stupid!

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No, those were just classic IMO.

C'mon, John Saxon and Jim Kelly in one movie. Epic!!!!

ferrari77 likes this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The Big Bounce 16% RT

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Hot two, hot two, ziggity-zing, bang boom!

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm ashamed to admit that, at one time, I was a fan of "Tremors". My friends made fun of me over it. I just liked the idea of big snakes coming out of the ground along with Kevin Bacon (and the other actors) comic relief. I know back in the day Siskel and/or Ebert called it the "sleeper hit" when it came out. I brought that up to defend myself from my friends and they still laughed at me. LOL.

I only bring this up now because I noticed in the news recently that Kevin Bacon is looking to reprise his role and they are bringing an updated version of "Tremors" back on Syfy channel. I guess somebody else had to have liked it when it was out. There were actually a few sequels I think. LOL. But, why would they bring it back if nobody watched it and I was the only one? I never saw it in the theater but on TV and kind of liked it. But, I was teased out of it. Meanwhile, my friends had a boner over Weird Al Yankovick's "UHF". I don't care for Weird Al much so I didn't go to the theater with them to see that. I was teased about that and how great it was...and I should have gone. I will never see that movie.

Also, I killed all my friends one night. They pushed me over the edge. Now, "Over The Edge" (err...it's actually named "River's Edge") is a Keanu Reeves film that I like that was pretty bad because it was so downright silly. But, that's how stupid kids acted back in the 80s so it had some realism to it. LOL

Suffice to say I'm not the slightest bit interested in seeing the new "Tremors" spin-off but I'll run a portable TV out to my garden area where I have my friends...umm...buried...just so they can hear it at least. Then, I can hear their ghostly voices continue to tease me over me liking it at one time. WELL, I DON'T LIKE IT ANY MORE!!! ALRIGHT!!! STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!! ;)

Also, I noticed that they remade "Cabin Fever". The original wasn't even very old. I have no idea why they remade it because the remake flat out sucks. Brought nothing new and only did it worse. It was unwatchable. Besides, who all liked "Cabin Fever" that much to where they had to remake it again...like it needed a remake? Bad idea. They had to have lost money. I think the remake went straight to DVD...didn't it?

#105 Surfguy, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Kim likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Other than Little Nicky and Jack and Jill, I've enjoyed all of Sandler's movies in their crappy glory

I've watched The Waterboy more times than I can count.

And yes Roadhouse, the prototype awesome bad movie.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Finally someone gets it and it aint Terrence Jones.

Ziggity Zig Bing Bam Boom! Ha too

#107 daywalker02, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    DFWRocket likes this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Title says terrible movies. Tremors is far and away not terrible. It's classically good.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why was I teased then? You tell me! ;)

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Clearly, you have friends with no class or taste.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

But The Waterboy isn't crappy...especially going with the parameters set by OP- using Rotten Tomatoes critics and viewer scores. I think it's over 50% by both critics and regular viewers. So I won't call it crappy...even though water sucks. It really really sucks.

Roadhouse... no doubt.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the whole ten yards. don't feel like looking up the ratings but they can't be good (edit: looked it up anyway, 4%!!! although 40% audience). so funny.

ace ventura 2 is a good choice. it's definitely not a good movie but

"i can't help but notice you keep referring to me as 'white devil' "
    "this is how they know you"

and

like...a...glove

always make me laugh.

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that is such a good movie (7.1 imdb, 85% RT). not only bacon and ward's characters, but michael gross's as well. have to be well into double digit viewings.

what this?
    cannon fuse.
    what it's for?
    my cannon.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

The Weather Man. People love to hate Nicholas Cage.

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The Brothers Grimsby, was hilarious to me, could watch it again.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I don't even look at RT anymore. This thread is the perfect example. A ton of the movies listed in this thread are considered "terrible" and rated poorly by RT and yet, I've never met anyone that doesn't like some of them.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This POS was my favorite movie at one point:

:oops:
    [​IMG]

Rocket River likes this.
  19. Nero

Nero Member

First, Tremors is an amazingly good movie. One of the greatest in fact. Anyone who thinks it is a terrible movie is a complete fool.

Now, for the rest of you.. just go ahead and admit it:

50 Shades of Grey

Fun flick :)

50 Shades Darker was not as good (mainly due to the terrible decision to cast a walking corpse as 'Mrs. Robinson'), but also because whoever was responsible for changing around the order of events (writer, director, editor, whoever) should never be allowed to work on another film. The naughty scenes were well done at least though :)

20. Anticope

Anticope Member

I watched Speed 2 on Starz last night and it wasn't bad, I have to say I kind of enjoyed it. 3% on Rotten Tomatoes, that's tough to beat.