1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Trump's attempt to control the news coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. adoo

adoo Member

on Thur WSJ, a Fox-owned conservative leaning publication , published this article describing the direct link between Trump's campaign advisor, Gen Mike Flynn, and Russian hackers
    the article indicated that the WH had declined to comment on the story, which means that

by late Wed, WH had known that the bomb shell article will be published the next day
    by ~3:30 AM, on Thurs, Trump tweeted lies---lashing out personal attacks on the female anchor---about the Morning Joe program ;
    this was an sleight-of-hand to overwhelm the news coverage, to divert attention from the WSJ article

nice try, but

Every news outlet, except the Fox News Channel, had reported on the direct link between Smith, Russian hackers and Gen Mike Flynn

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think Trump is as clever as you make him out to be.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It has become a very obvious pattern.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Distraction by disruption is what people think is happening..... but I think they are wrong to a certain extent. This is a show for Trump, and he's playing a character.

It all comes back to knowing two things about Trump that goes back to his background, what he's passionate about, and the character that he created for himself that he can't seem to escape.

1. Trump and his rise to fame in NYC via tabloids

Back in the 80's Trump's raise to fame mostly came from the fact that he actually became a source HIMSELF on HIMSELF to give scandalous and notorious details about himself as a "source" (ironically) that built up his profile and brand. Same thing he's doing then he's doing now, but in a different way. He creates notorious storylines about himself on purpose to build a profile he THINKS people are attracted to and love to watch... which brings me to my second Trump fact.

2. Trump's obsession with WWE type Wrestling

Wrestling is known mostly for creating enemy that the fans love to hate. Trump himself, as we know, has even participated in the WWE, and hired Linda McMahon in his white house. This wrestling character is a character Trump has been playing his entire life. He loves it. He feeds off of it like a drug. He lives in a fantasy land where he's a showman making the crowd go wild booing him because he took a cheap shot at Hulk Hogan. Obama being his version of Hulk Hogan that he took out with a chair, and a nut shot.

So when Trump tweets nonsense, I don't think there is a master plan. I think he's doing what he's always done his entire life. He's getting people to talk about him, and he's reminding people ALL THE DAMN TIME that he's notorious, that he is the bad guy you love to hate, and that he's taking cheap shots at "the white knight" and showing that he wins by playing dirty.

Look at the Mika tweet in a vacuum. What did he accomplish... ??..... well he's being talked about as "OMG I can't believe Trump did that", and he got disgusting pig men & shallow women to look at Mika and think "geez... she did get some work done... she's not as attractive as I thought before". In his mind, and in his character mindset... he just used a chair to cheap shot an opponent, won the belt, and has the crowd all worked up booing him as loud as they can.

THIS IS WHAT TRUMP DOES. This is who he is, who he's always been, and he will NEVER change. If you are a Trump voter I hope you are proud.

(I also wont be shocked at all if WWE is most popular in Trump states)

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

"According to US officials with knowledge of the intelligence"...

Either completely fabricated, or another deep state leaker who needs to be identified and prosecuted.

6. dmoneybangbang

A whole cottage industry of paid mouth pieces have sprung up to defend Trump's back peddling and dishonesty.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's either not true or someone needs to go to jail. That it is true is irrelevant. Classic Trump response.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

One thing I will say about Trump. He has successfully taken the term "fake news" and rebranded it to refer to any news that he considers to be "unfair" to him.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was watching ABC This Week and they started discussing the wrestling tweet

The lady from CNN was crying like someone was gonna try to suplex her

I mean really the wrestling gif is funny and obviously not a threat.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

Leaking what?

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I agree.

Sincerely,

Kathy Griffin

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As a liberal I'll even admit that it's not a threat, and he does probably think it's funny (even though it's actually more sad than anything).

However everyone (including folks on the right) thought the world was going to end because of the Kathy Griffin Julius Caesar pic, and it was a referendum for this apparent "violent left".

So with Trump , a sitting president and not a comedian, it's just a joke but with Griffin, an actual comedian with no power whatsoever, it's a threat to mankind. That hypocrisy my friend is the joke.

Also everyone on the left I know and saw condemned Griffith, and CNN even fired her for the NYE celebration show. Do you think FoxNews won't defend Trump here? Will any Trump voters say anything negative about it or will they continue to just blame liberals and media for all the problems in their lives? The point here is to call out the hypocrisy. And if you can't admit the hypocrisy than your a hypocrite and a liar.

Your right that it's all just a joke but not a very funny one.

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Chopped off heads and wrestling aren't the same

Clearly

Besides that it was no one in particular except for CNN

Griffin's picture didn't look like a joke at all

15. dandorotik

Really, I wouldn't even respond to him. He's like our version of the Iraq Minister of Truth. President Trump's monomaniacal obsession with the media should be alarming to all of us. It's not this one incident- it's a culmination of everything for the past few years.

16. dandorotik

Ok, Mouthpiece. We get it.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you wanna harp on being unpresidential that's fine

A threat? Whatever

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just levity

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'll admit I couldn't stand that CNN chic when she overdramatized reaction to Obama

No need for all that crying today either. It was ridiculous

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With his recent release of the WWE attack on the news, I think he's missing the irony. He's using a professional wrestling entertainment television show to lash out at something fake?