1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith: Rockets not willing to GUT team for LeBron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Apr 16, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Still waiting on that ;)

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You are right for the most part .... only thing I'd add is that Ryno alone doesn't get you Lebron , you need $28.8m in outgoing salary to absorb his $36m contract. Ryno is $20m.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You need to lay off the purple drank.

4. farhen

farhen Member

who needs lebron? seriously all he does is whine

lw17 likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He would have absolutely toning to whine about here. Harden and Paul would elevate his game the next 2-3 years back to his prime because he could pick his spots. Otherwise rest on offense with open shots galore.

6. HTown2017Champs

Honestly, I agree. This is like those who wanted Giancarlo to the Astros. Keep our current core together, and don't break the bank.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

This is irrelevant. If we don't get to the WCF this year, we're going HARD after LeBron

8. Mr. Space City

gordon, tucker, and ariza keep playing like this, they gonna make the decision to gut this roster for lebron easier.

lw17 and bballjunkie like this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron about to just show up to Game 4 in a Rockets jersey.

Like not even a LeBron Rockets jersey, he's just gonna buy a jersey from the team shop in Houston and take a private jet to our game and check himself in.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. macan

macan Member

if no ring then yes to lebrick..it all depends on how well we do this playoff

12. Mr. Space City

making it easier and easier

lw17 and Lurch like this.
  13. RESINator

RESINator Member

Fk that. Get rid of Tucker, Gordon and Anderson.

lw17 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ben Golliver: You kind of slipped in the fact that Chris Paul had signed papers for his house in Houston. Did you have a greater meaning with that line? Is he there long-term?

Lee Jenkins: No, those guys move all the time and actually Chris was already kind of lamenting his commutes. So, no, but I just can't imagine that they would break this up? Can you?

[...]

Jenkins: They would have to really break up this whole system that they have. And there'd be a lot of risk there. I don't I think it would be like Kevin Durant kind of sliding into Golden State. I think their whole identity really would be at risk and would change if he's there.

When Durant went to Golden State it was a given, right? They would win multiple titles. I don't know that if LeBron went there, do you view that as a given? The age he would be, with the scrutiny he would take, I think it has to be close to a sure thing. And I don't know if I see Houston as a sure thing with LeBron there, given everything they would have to lose; this whole identity they've built, that we've talked about for the last 20 minutes, it would be essentially out the door, right?

I asked a couple people in Houston about it and there was sort of a look of 'Why would we break this up right now?' Because they know everything they would have to give up, they know how many moves they would have to make and would they be able to preserve the same level of shooting, the same level of defense? And this is people kind of inside the organization wondering how much they would have to sacrifice of what they've built as far as the way they play. They'd have to play significantly different, and I don't know how it looks. How many of those shooters they'd have to lose or how much they'd be able to retain and then have LeBron James too. ​

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

People underestimate how good an aging Lebron is. Dude is literally carrying his team to the East finals by himself. He may be in cruise mode during the regular season but with how easy our system will make his job, he can just cruise through it.

The biggest mistake will be overpaying for Cp3 and Capela. Capela fits out team but no successful team out there are going to max their center and win a chip. Capela would literally be 10m/year guy if he wasn't on the Rockets getting fed by James/Chris all day.

CP3 is too old and signs of his aging is clearly showing this playoffs. Maxing him would be a huge mistake, especially since it's unlikely he will even play 60 games in the regular from all the resting or possible injuries.

I'd say get rid of Ryno and EG to go after Lebron and resign Green so we still have scoring off the bench. Anyone else we sign should be on vet min ring chasers who can score off the bench.

lw17 likes this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming we don't win it all this season, if LeBron wants to come here, you do whatever it takes. If we can't win with this team this season, then it's never gonna happen without another superstar to compete with GS.

joshuaao, snowconeman22, adw and 2 others like this.
  17. ktex

ktex Member

I hate what you said but you're right.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

We would promptly go on a 3peat with the core LeBron/Harden/Paul and whoever the hell else. There would be a line of guys willing to play here for the minimum.

LeBron would retire as the GOAT.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

A lot depends on Paul too .

If he doesn't look good this series having two guys who are on the decline is very risky.

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Anything for ****in Lebron