1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith: Rockets not willing to GUT team for LeBron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

No way the Rockets take T Thompson to much drama

2. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Paul G. Is the perfect fit he can play the 4 when needed, loves to play D, never complains, young and is far from a ball hog, does not need the ball that much.

sure he is high on Morey's list

fattz, alethios, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  3. rockets13champs

U can gut bench and bring in New bench. Morey did it last offseason

lionaire likes this.
  4. ballscientist1

then you can do salary dump trade or drama dump trade later. I think that is the only way to satisfy Cavs.

5. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I can see CP3 taking some kind of discount. Dude is already probably worth over 100 mil. Plus if he's winning championships the endorsement money will offset whatever he leaves on the table. I hope he understands this.

6. ballscientist1

Blake Griffin is worth $100 million contract, but he wants market salary at $175 million. Almost all the star or quasi star gets market salary

Blake Griffin missed 105 regular season games last 4 years, is a quasi-star.

I project Chris Paul 30 million pay cut at $145 million, but there is a chance that he listens to LeBron.

Family first = Money First

Family first = Money First = not 100% to win Championship

My prediction:

Highly likely: Paul Contract: 4-years contract starts at $35.6 million.

#106 ballscientist1, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Teams are nervous. This is an obvious leak to try to persuade Lebron elsewhere. Sounds like Lebron is coming and we keep our core pieces.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Y'all are so silly talking about players to add and plans for the offseason like we are some bottom feeding team that didn't make the playoffs.

We could win it all this year .

I'm not gonna waste timing thinking about next year until this season is over .

Beardaholic13, BMoney and tmoney1101 like this.
  9. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

If Lebron wants to come here he'll be here. He's the G.M.

10. smp

smp Member

I think people are just bored waiting for the next game. Seems like Sunday was a hundred years ago. Ready for game 2!!!!

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Seriously man . It's a crime to make us wait so long

12. alethios

alethios Member

There's only one ball. CP3 is making it work. I don't think LeBron would be as accommodating.

faraza84 likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You should STOP!

Capela is a free agent. You don't know what he's going to account for salary wise not to mention hard cap implications.

The reason the Cav's make a trade is because otherwise they lose Lebron for NOTHING or he opts out. Doesn't matter where he signs , just that the Cav's get NOTHING in return.

Any package for Lebron starts with Ryan Anderson's contract.

luckyman76 and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm not convinced LBJ/Harden would be as dynamic as CP3/Harden.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No one should bother replying to this guy. LeBron is Plan A, PG13 Plan B, and Codman's plan likely right there. We are not doing S&T or creating cap space. We are operating above the LUXURY TAX and trading Ryno and picks for one of these plans. That will likely involve some other players but no one has the right to mention "gut" the team. If Ryno is gutting the team you need to STFU. For those of you suggesting signing this player for $8M or that player under the cap please review the CBA before posting. We are either trading for players, resigning Bird rights players, signing LMAM to the taxpayer MLE, or signing veteran minimum contracts in addition to rookie contracts.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Slash coach. Er....G.M./coach.

DaonlyLA likes this.
  17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Harden and Lebron are redundant in so many ways. Their ideal playstyles are pretty much the exact same (albeit with Harden being crafty and Lebron being athletic).

Harden/CP3 are a better pair and CP3 is better at controlling pace and minimizing errors.

18. ballscientist1

The only two teams will have big luxury taxes problems are Cavs and Rockets in July. One of them will have to be compromise in luxury taxes (if S&T).

Thunder will re-construct Melo's contract - starts at 14 million (14,16,18)

Pelicans will do "salary dump trade" on Solomon Hill ( 2 yrs 25 million)

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Neither am I... but seeing as both guys are over 30... I think LBJ has a better chance of squeezing out more productive years than CP3 necessarily does... I could see LBJ playing for another 5-6 years with reduced athleticism and a more conservative game... with guards you worry that a reduction in quickness can really make them fall off dramatically...
    If I'm dishing a 5 or 6 year max contract... I think LBJ is a better gamble as a player - even if he has less chemistry... just imo...

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Priority 5 - a mean, sharp elbowed BANGER PF to put next to Yao.