1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith: Rockets not willing to GUT team for LeBron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Apr 16, 2018.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I don't think Philly is in play...lbj n Simmons are the exact same player. N it's not the same ascp3 n harden. Cause those two guys game wouldn't complement each other. I was the first to laugh when they said cp3 n harden wouldn't work cause I was like. Ahhh James can play off ball so can Chris
    A

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

Lol, this shooting drought is contagious.

3. ballscientist1

Situation: LeBron will sign 5 years supermax (Like Warriors, Cavs will not offer no-trade clause to any stars, it does not matter how young you are).

Result: Cavs have huge leverage on LeBron Sign and Trade.

Trade LeBron for an all-star plus next year one of the top 5 picks?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

HUGE leverage??? Lebron can sign with any team without giving Cavs a red cent.

Lebron and Cavs owner hate each other.

Vivi and ilovehtownbb like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i don't get why he's ignoring the fact that Sixers and Lakers (the two teams with Houston that have a chance to sign Lebron) can sign Lebron without throwing a single asset to the Cavs, in fact the Cavs should've more interest in sending Lebron to Houston to get something back, and also cause they're in the other conference, for what is worth.

D-rock likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lebbron>all the role players on this team.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol at some of yall on this board...Lebron James is arguably the greatest player since Jordan...and yall are worried about chemistry? LOL...Adding Lebron, would make the Rockets a yearly title favorite...

If Morey has a chance to nab Lebron to pair with Harden, he would be a fool not too....

Too bad he isn't...

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lebron has played in 7 straight finals...he would be a title fav every year he plays. Also to note...We have Daryl freaking Morey...

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No but it's not reality either.

saleem and Game7 like this.
  10. theh

theh Member

STEPHEN A. DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING..

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Game7

Game7 Member

Obviously resigning CP3 is priority number 1. Capela priority 2. Some side pieces (Ariza/Luc/Green) that need to be resigned or replaced. I'd like to keep all of the above mentioned guys around. Especially, selfishly, Gerald "You're My Boy" Green.

After that, explore trades which could include "gutting" Ryan Anderson and pieces (Nene, Gordon, etc.) for somebody like LerBon Jim or another very good player or 2.

As long as we keep Harden (who is under contract for a long ass time), CP3, Capela, and Tucker (who is under contract for several years) together, we have a great chance to have a good thing going for at least a few years.

I think this year has helped increase the value of pretty much every player on our roster. That helps us in trades but could be troublesome in contract negotiations. I hope the chemistry will make them want to come back.

D-rock likes this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

LeBron can take a paycut if he is that desperate to play for us

saleem, D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. jb86

jb86 Member

Lebron has a billion in the bank. He shouldn't be wanting for money.

saleem, ramotadab and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Why would you want current players to think they may not be here next year? The Rockets are good enough to win a title this year, so why rock the boat in any way? Of course if Morey and company are being asked about adding a player at the expense of losing others would say they want to keep this team together. They need everyone focused on winning a championship.

Where is the news here?

If the Rockets had a legit shot at adding LBJ, I’m sure they do what they can. I’m also sure they wouldn’t want to gut the team, but realistically they’d probably have to.

#94 mikol13, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

JAJA

ramotadab likes this.
  16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Keep Lebron away from this team, he gets away with quitting and playing like he doesn’t care more so than anyone else.

You think Harden doesn’t give effort on defense or just goes through lulls, seemingly uninterested in laying it all out there on the line? Now watch Lebron and you’ll appreciate Harden much more!

Don’t need his diva behaviour, power needs and wanting to be the coach and GM. It’s ‘Run as 1’ over here not run after Lebron!!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sounds like you when you said you were quitting Clutchfans and threw a tantrum

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty much this. And you can say this about a lot of teams. Have to see how the playoffs play out....How teams lose, where their weak points are exposed, can shed some light on future moves to shore up those trouble areas.

saleem likes this.
  19. ballscientist1

situation: LeBron says family is the most important this month. Rockets have no threat to Cavs for getting LeBron because of zero salary cap. (Paul 39 million cap hold)

The best trade proposal I can have for both teams

Rockets: get LeBron/T Thompson (53 million next year)
    Cavs get: Capela, Gordon, Tucker,(45 million next year) plus 1 future first round pick from Rockets

Cavs still need to pay at least 25 million lx taxes

#99 ballscientist1, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  20. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

give PAUL GEORGE whatever he wants to come here.