1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sports bars or restaurants that are airing Rockets games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2012.

1. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

I have Comcast...:cool:

2. StevieCrossover

Man I dislike how the first year with Comcast is 30 dollars then it shoots up to 70 dollars for the 2nd year of the contract. Can't we just have non deceptive pricing. Friend told me a website to watch sports. Www.lshunter.tv

3. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I called over there last week and they do not have the Rockets since they only have DirecTV. Only bar I could find in the Washington Ave. area that has it is Canyon Creek.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I didn't know they did contracts. We're not on one.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Any updates on this list?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Any places in Rice Village that have Comcast?

7. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

Any place in Austin that airs rocket games? I just moved to the city, would be great to watch the games with some fans.

8. ClutchCityReturns

Since you're outside the Houston blackout area, I assume you'd be fine going to any place that advertises themselves as a dedicated sports bar, as most of them are likely to have NBA League Pass. If nothing else, a chain sports restaurant like Buffalo Wild Wings should work.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

So its resorted to this? I hated comcast when I had them and I hate them even more now that I don't.

10. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

IIRC I saw them change the channels at the Texans Bar & Grill in City Center and it looked like a comcast guide menu so I would think that they would have it, but I'm not 100% certain.

11. loudandheard

loudandheard Member

Sweet Sadie's BBQ and Wings has it, kind of hidden, but good food and they have beer.

2200 Spears Road #600 Houston, TX 77067

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Any spots in Spring/Woodlands?

13. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

Besides that, is there any Rocket fans in Austin that come along together to watch some of the games?

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

a few of us ate at Spanky's Pizza off of 610S/45S after the Open Practice yesterday and they have Comcast. The owner was cool to talk to, trying to get on board as a fan again, hopefully we'll get fans there to get him to follow them again.

15. loveofthegame44

for all of my Sugarland people I found a couple of spots in town center that have Comcast.
    1. turquoise bar and grill ( across the street from Baker Street)
    2. escalante's
    3. Japaneiro's

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

tallanvor will be showing the game on his laptop at his house. First 100 people get a free pulled pork sandwich and a beer.

17. Jimes

Jimes Member

Bump. Any places in central or west Houston?

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

DITTO.

19. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

http://www.29-95.com/bars-clubs/story/few-places-catch-rockets-opener

The Rockets, with newly-acquired superstar James Harden, will open the regular season at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday against the Detroit Pistons on the road, and many Rockets fans will be left in the dark.

Unless you have the channel Comcast SportsNet Houston you will not be able to watch the game. If you have NBA League Pass you are out of luck as the Rockets will be blacked out. A network spokesman told sports writer David Barron on Monday that “active negotiations” continue with local TV providers, from satellite DirecTV and Dish Network through AT&T’s U-verse and smaller cable systems. So, what cable provider do you need to catch the big game?

“In the Houston area, customers of Coastal Link, Consolidated, Comcast, En Touch and Phonoscope can watch the network, “ said Richard Bocchini, communications manager of Comcast Sports Houston. “We are actively negotiating with all other providers.”

Many bars around town do not carry those providers and operate mostly with Dish Network and DirecTV. Some bars in the downtown area, especially located in the Houston Pavilions, carry Phonoscope, which has Comcast SportsNet Houston.

There are a couple of downtown-centric places to catch the Rockets on Wednesday night. House of Blues, which has hosted the Rockets draft parties and also the party to debut the new slogan despite not being a sports bar, will carry it down in the bar restaurant area. Lucky’s Pub, one of the more popular sports bars especially with the college crowd, will have it too.

20. ClutchCityReturns

I confirmed that Jax Grill near The Heights (I-10 @ Shepherd) has Comcast. They have a few small/medium sized TV's throughout, as well as one very large flat screen. That's where I'll be tomorrow.