1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Nick Young was offered for a 2nd rounder: Morey denied

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Notice Zach Lowe leaked info about Morey on Hot Seat, the very same day cyberx got info from LA.

"The moves signaled Morey's position may not be quite as secure as it once was, league sources say." -- Zach Lowe, Nov 9th, 2016​

hmmm....were Lowe and cyberx each other's sources?

Morey is officially in the HOT seat -- by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015

2. basketballholic

We have plenty of second unit talent...........in our starting line-up. We need first unit talent.

Deuce, Nook and Vivi like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Doesnt make much sense.

4. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Look beyond the 8 games this season. His career shooting FG% is 41.8%. And the two previous years he shot 37% (42 games) and 34% (54 games). And he's already 31 years old. If he is better now, the only possible explanation is Walton has improved him.

5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

He could back up Ariza, he's 6'7". Him, KJ and Gordon on the second unit wouldn't be bad at all. Anything that takes the toilet bowl combo (SewerAnus) off the court. I still think Gordon should start with Harden though, his numbers with Harden on the court are so much better than without. The first quarter great starts were very entertaining. I would be okay with a 2nd unit of Bev, KJ and Swaggy P....plus maybe DMo and Nene. I would take that over Ennis, Brewer or even Dekker. For now, we should also be replacing DMo with Harrell.

I kinda of like MDA and this new offense with putting Harden at the PG. But honestly I hate MDA's rotations so far.

6. FANfrom86toNow

a) Playing with Kobe
    b) Playing for Byron Scott
    c) He can still handle the ball and shoot 3s better than Brewer (36.9% career 3pt)
    d) Small contract in today's NBA
    e) As you said, this year under a good coach as evidence...and the JR reference above by another poster

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. heypartner

Lowe gives cyberx fairly boring info that he's not going to do anything with in exchange for Morey info from cyberx that cyberx posted a yr ago here, but stayed out of national radar because media only wanted Dwert and Haren drama. They each had something they weren't going to use themself but the other was fairly interested in

Not a fun theory to confirm Lowe/cyberx talk?

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. FANfrom86toNow

I agree. Mostly Ariza. We should trade for Gay and start him and bring Ariza off the bench. Harden's number would even go more off the chart with another ball handler in the starting unit with Gordon and Anderson on the 3pt line waiting.

We are an offensive team this year. It's crazy for people to expect us to be a better offensive and defensive team this year with new players, a new coach, a new system and James playing a new position technically. If we can master one side of the court this year, then next year with some upgrades, we can be even better or in contention. This year should be devoted to becoming the best offensive team we can be and outscoring teams, with moderate improvements in the team defensive philosophy.

If we have Harden, Gordon, Gay, Anderson and Capela all playing 32 to 38 minutes per game each, we would score 120 a game consistently. That won't win us 60 games with our porous defense, but it will get us between 48 and 52 wins I think. Maybe a few more wins if by midseason we get more efficient on offense, and a little better on team defense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Smart move

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thanks CyberX. I'm glad he didn't take on Young, the guy is coming down at some point, his career numbers suggest he sucks. I don't want him on my team and I'm glad Morey didn't pick him up.

11. malakas

malakas Member

I mean I'm pretty sure that if Lowe had that info one year ago he would have gone online with it. Not that maybe cyber isn't Lowe's source. I'm sure that all those national journalists have agents as their sources. But in this particular instance I don't see a connection.

I think it's likely that perhaps someone from the Lakers decided to open his mouth today. Lowe posted that but the Young info wasn't important for his article. Cyber who wants us to give anything he can, informed on that.
    A person from the Lakers to know about the situation in the Rockets is something expected as all those teams know a lot of gossip and behind the scenes of each other.

(also I think that cyber said in the past that he knows and gets some info from Woj). So it's also possible this piece went from lakers source -> woj and espn and woj gave it then to cyber.

I don't care anyway personally just my hypothesis. I don't care how cyber gets his info I'm just grateful that I can read it.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

it would've been good move for depth. not many 2nd rounders will be as good as nick young anyway. and he is capable of bein a much better player than he has been with thelakers. in a new cba contract year, he could've been motivated to do his best. he showed flashes of being a good defender with the wizards. he has better talent than any of our backup wings. if it didnt work out then its not that bad since its only one year left, just waive him, or wait till midseason to package him in a trade

13. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

good read, go eat some dinner

14. heypartner

I'm saying Lowe didn't have the Morey info a year ago. It went here unnoticed.

Hey...all in fun. I'm just joking. Not worth discussing. I was just thinking about cyberx and his Morey info of last year, when the Lowe story came out, and lo and behold, a cyberx "bomb" hits the bbs from LA same day. :)

You answered my question to others...that you believe shear coincidence. Me too....still fun to think about it.

malakas likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not "thrilled" about passing up on Nick Young, but I'm OK with it.

Getting a guy like him is just making a move for the sake of it.

I'd rather have Rudy Gay, if that is still on the table.

16. hvic

hvic Member

Good pass Maury

17. malakas

malakas Member

If we had done that move he would have reduced capspace for next year, and we are pretty tight.
    According to what surfaced from the new cba they will raise the league minimum and change the rules so you must have at least 15 instead of 12 in your roster or else pay for roster spots. Which means that most teams will be -3 millions from their projected capspace. We are at 9 millions right now for next summer. So if the rule passes we will be minus 2 mil or so. If we had made that trade we would have almost nothing left.
    And clearing Young for cap ALONG with Sewer.. that would be much more difficult.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you act like you never seen him with the wizards

he has much more talent than he's shown. he can easily be a super 6th or even a starting 3d wing but its up to him if he gives a ****. if he wants to make a run at it the time is now

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

his 2nd year is po

20. malakas

malakas Member

He is not the brightest but he's not THAT stupid. His team has been trying to dumb him for ages and can't find a taker. You think he will opt out?