1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah man, its possible.

ryno+NG contracts = melo
    ego+ ariza = millsap S&T

even better would be to use our $11M TPE to acquire expiring contracts, then in a separate trade flip those expirings with ariza for millsap in a S&T and keep ego off the bench. add in whatever picks you think are fair to those trades.

by staying over the cap we'd keep the MLE and LLE which we could possibly use on guys we know have mutual interest with the rockets such as pat patterson and nick young. sign nene to the vet min and we've got a great 9 man rotation with 4 stars + ego off the bench:

capela-nene
    millsap-patterson
    melo-young
    harden-ego
    cp3

mockster and theDude like this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Sign and trade for pg then pick up someone bought out like melo or wade. Me lo could demand to be bought out.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Manos

Manos Member

Would be a nice squad, esp if you could keep EGo. Instead of signing Young, would like to see them pick up Korver.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Minnesota might take on Anderson now .

Kat
    Anderson
    Wiggins
    Butler

Is nothing to sneeze at .

And with that space maybe we can pick up Hayward

Dream scenario is to pick up Hayward and then get melo when he opts out

Yung-T likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't get your hopes up on this...they have Dieng making 15M for four more years and Bjelica (who's basically Anderson) making 4M for two more years...

Keep in mind they have to keep some money to get a starting PG, now they have like 35M in cap space, if they get Anderson without dumping some money they'll be left with 15M which might not be enough to sign Teague, Hill or whoever they want, definitely not enough if they want Lowry.

And even for us, not sure dumping Anderson is enough to make room for Hayward, i think we would still be around 8M away for that...

#526 Vivi, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Let's say we somehow get the in the Gordon sweepstakes and he picks the Rockets.

Would Utah trade him to us for Gordon and Ariza?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think they would, especially if they're not going to get Iguodala, maybe they would also get Ryan...with Rubio in the starting five i'm pretty sure they'd like to get more shooting from their other spots, and Favors yeah, not exactly a shooter...also going to expire and ask a lot of money, lot of injuries lately...they also traded Lyles which was a decent shooter for a 4.

9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

So Morey gonna try sell Hayward that we are the perfect fit. Then I guess Milsap.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, we should actually sit with both of them and selling them the chance to play together again...

Capela
    Millsap
    Hayward
    Harden
    Paul

...i came.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Now I've revised my thoughts , given that we could conceivably SnT for Hayward if he decided to come here . Utah could take Anderson and some of our NG's

I know , fat chance lol

Vivi likes this.
  12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Lol then Carmelo forces his buyout and comes off the bench

Vivi likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

snowconeman22 and ISOBall like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol

Rubio is not better than hill . I don't care if his defense and passing is better . Shooting is essential for a guard in this NBA .

Edit. And Hayward knows it

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hayward would be stupid to not sign with Boston if they are going to give him the MAX.

Utah will never contend with GSW in the way. Houston would make sense for him as well but we obviously do not have the money to make it work.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's waiting for the Rockets i guess :D

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Hayward timeline?

In MIami tonight, will meet Saturday. Boston Sunday. Utah will get the final crack Monday. They're bringing in Rubio. They knew they had to solidify the PG position. There's still confidence in Utah. They've had one assistant coach & trainer working with him leading into FA. He's been engaged with that organization.

One thing all 3 teams have in common? Great coaches. Quin Snyder has built a system around him. He's one of the great offensive minds. He know what he has in Stevens. And then Spoelstra. He's(Hayward) a basketball junkie. Program/organization, he's studying style of play, assets, all those factors in making his decision.

Richie_Rich and Vivi like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Get him out of Utah where there is no Jazz.