Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

  1. cheke64

    cheke64 Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    Messages:
    14,380
    Likes Received:
    1,807
    The same thing with Bosh and Lowry back in the day.
     
    desi tmac91 and roslolian like this.
  2. Vivi

    Vivi Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2016
    Messages:
    7,940
    Likes Received:
    4,363
    Btw, what about trying to sit down with Hayward and Millsap instead of Paul? I mean, Paul is obviously the better player here, but aside the fact that the 4 (especially one being able to play the 5 in a small ball lineup) is probably our biggest hole as today, Millsap and Hayward played together in Utah no? Maybe giving them a chance to play together again would help us a bit...and Millsap will also be cheaper than Paul, probably 10M cheaper or something close to this, which is not exactly a bunch of peanuts, especially in a sign & trade scenario.
     
    mockster, Yaosthirdleg and kjayp like this.
  3. J.R.

    J.R. Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    Messages:
    55,620
    Likes Received:
    18,212
    CyberEx, can you confirm the Rockets will even get a meeting with Gordon Hayward? All I've seen is Boston, Utah & Miami.
     
    #283 J.R., Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    OmegaSupreme, Deuce and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. Ming The King

    Ming The King Member

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2002
    Messages:
    1,506
    Likes Received:
    192
    Agreed. CP3 looks that can happen.
    I think Hayward will stay in Utah. They can offer him more money. They have a winning team. And he can be the leader there. There is no reason for Hayward to pick Houston. He will loose money plus be the third player here. In Utah he is god.
     
    amaru likes this.
  5. HakeemOnlyFan

    HakeemOnlyFan Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2014
    Messages:
    391
    Likes Received:
    583
    Big news....

    Of course he's trying to sign the best free agents available. That's every GM's goal every off season, isn't it?
     
  6. kjayp

    kjayp Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2006
    Messages:
    4,165
    Likes Received:
    901
    not necessarily... some Gms might set attainable goals... lol
     
    HakeemOnlyFan and arabrocket like this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

    FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2011
    Messages:
    25,390
    Likes Received:
    15,567
    Cyberex feeding y'all a bone and look at them hungry dogs.... LMAO
     
    HakeemOnlyFan, BigShasta and DonKnock like this.
  8. cheke64

    cheke64 Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    Messages:
    14,380
    Likes Received:
    1,807

    [​IMG]
     
  9. Fullcourt

    Fullcourt Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2007
    Messages:
    6,632
    Likes Received:
    1,309
    Worth noting that Clutch basically confirmed that CP3 was signing here with Dwight before the Clippers pulled the trigger on the Doc Rivers trade.

    We at least have a history of courting him, with mutual interest, and he has shown interest in forming a super team in Houston.
     
    #289 Fullcourt, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  10. KlutchQT

    KlutchQT I am a Girl

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2013
    Messages:
    8,752
    Likes Received:
    2,690
    Channing Frye wanted to come here instead of re-signing with the team where he'd just won a ring? Good to know.

    ETA: Channing wasn't even a FA last summer. How were we supposed to sign him, exactly?
     
    #290 KlutchQT, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    craguin and Fullcourt like this.
  11. J.R.

    J.R. Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    Messages:
    55,620
    Likes Received:
    18,212
    Channing Frye was not a free agent. He was traded to Cleveland at the deadline.
     
    Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  12. KlutchQT

    KlutchQT I am a Girl

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2013
    Messages:
    8,752
    Likes Received:
    2,690
    FAs signed while we were "waiting around on Horford." Excluding those who were a lock to re-up with their existing teams, who was a devastating miss?

    BRADLEY BEAL: 5 years, $128 million with Wizards
    TIMOFEY MOZGOV: 4 years, $64 million with Lakers
    DEMAR DEROZAN: 5 years, $145 million with Raptors
    ANDRE DRUMMOND: 5 years, $130 million with Pistons
    NICOLAS BATUM: 5 years, $120 million with Hornets
    JORDAN CLARKSON: 4 years, $50 million with Lakers
    HASSAN WHITESIDE: 4-years, $98 million with Heat
    ISH SMITH: 3-year contract with Pistons
    D.J. AUGUSTIN: 4-years, $29 million with Magic
    JEREMY LIN: 3 years, $36 million with Nets
    AL JEFFERSON: 3 years, $30 million with Pacers
    JERRYD BAYLESS: 3 years, $27 million with 76ers
    MIRZA TELETOVIC: 3 years, $30 million with Bucks
    CHANDLER PARSONS: 4 years, $94 million with Grizzlies
    EVAN TURNER: 4 years, $70 million with Blazers
    EVAN FOURNIER: 5 years, $85 million with Magic
    MATTHEW DELLAVEDOVA: 4 years, $38 million with Bucks (Cavs can match)
    SOLOMON HILL: 4 years, $48 million with Pelicans
    JEFF GREEN: 1 year, $15 million with Magic
    DARRELL ARTHUR: 3 years, $23 million with Nuggets
    DWIGHT HOWARD: 3 years, $70 million with Hawks
    MIKE CONLEY: 5 years, $153 million with Grizzlies
    JUSTIN HAMILTON: 2 years, $6 million with Nets
    JARED DUDLEY: 3 years, $30 million with Suns
    E'TWAUN MOORE: 4 years, $34 million with Pelicans
    JOAKIM NOAH: 4 years, $72 million with Knicks
    KENT BAZEMORE: 4 years, $70 million with Hawks
    JOE JOHNSON: 2 years, $22 million with Jazz
    LUOL DENG: 4 years, $72 million with Lakers
    JON LEUER: 4 years, $42 million with Pistons
    ARRON AFFLALO: 2 years, $25 million with Kings
    BISMACK BIYOMBO: 4 years, $72 million with Magic
    TREVOR BOOKER: 2 years, $18.5 million with Nets

    Ryno was the next guy signed, with EG coming a few spots later. There are definitely years we played ourselves waiting around for a big name that was probably never going to come -- potentially missing Lowry while we waited for Melo is the first that comes to mind in recent history -- but I have a hard time seeing it last summer.
     
  13. getbloodyred

    getbloodyred Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1,390
    Likes Received:
    190
    The sense of panic is what got us paying Anderson 18 million a year lol
     
    roslolian likes this.
  14. getbloodyred

    getbloodyred Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1,390
    Likes Received:
    190
    I think Millsap wants a max contract, but I agree that we should be focusing on him rather than CP3. However, CP3 has shown interest in playing for us, which Millsap hasn't. Either one will make us better, but I prefer Millsap, only because I think the Ryan Anderson experiment was a failure and we need to fix that situation ASAP Rocky.
     
    kjayp and Vivi like this.
  15. seeingred

    seeingred Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    920
    Likes Received:
    200
    I imagine Morey has some risk analysis equation that asks "If we have a 10% chance to sign Chris Paul and an 80% chance to sign Brandon Jennings (or whomever) which should we pursue?" I just can't blame the guy for swinging for the fences. A 10% chance at a superstar is often worth missing out on an above average starter. I don't see failing to sign a superstar as embarrassing for the team. 29 other teams also fail to sign any given superstar.

    But yeah, I'd have taken Kyle Lowry over Melo any day of the week for his defense alone.
     
  16. BHannes2BHonest

    BHannes2BHonest Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1,006
    Likes Received:
    603
    Side note: the word RUBIO should be banned on CF
     
  17. ThatBoyNick

    ThatBoyNick Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    9,892
    Likes Received:
    2,423
    I feel like Derozan, Drummond, Conley, Beal where all going to re-sign with their teams no matter what as they all got the most possible money, Batum didn't get the most possible money but he re-signed very quickly and got 5 years,

    I feel like the only guy we missed out on was Hassan Whiteside, who had no incentive to stay with Miami due to them not having any bird rights plus he was having issues with the coaching staff. We could have offered him exactly what he got + a better team.
     
    BigMaloe likes this.
  18. KlutchQT

    KlutchQT I am a Girl

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2013
    Messages:
    8,752
    Likes Received:
    2,690
    Right. I fail to see where we missed big -- but apparently, this is bizarro world where Morey screwed everything up by signing Ryno instead of Channing Frye, who wasn't even a free agent. Any reason to complain, I guess.
     
    Vivi, Deuce, seeingred and 1 other person like this.
  19. BMoney

    BMoney Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2004
    Messages:
    9,881
    Likes Received:
    1,057
    Hassan Whiteside. Was. Not. Going. To. Leave. Miami.
     
  20. ThatBoyNick

    ThatBoyNick Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    9,892
    Likes Received:
    2,423
    Will. People. Take. My. Opinions. More. Serious. If. I. Put. Periods. Behind. Every. Word. ?.
     
    Os Trigonum and BigMaloe like this.
Loading...

Share This Page