1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

uh, no, that isn't a possibility

stop it with the doom and gloom...

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

No

3. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I don't see how you can max out Paul and Hayward while still keeping anything close to a team around them. It seems like it would be easier to get Paul and Millsap. Draymond Green would eat Hayward alive, but he couldn't push around Millsap.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  4. DMO (DJ remix)

CP3 is all time great, barely past his prime, you really think any rockets guard not named Harden is close to that? i think with his crazy work rate attitude he could help Harden a lot as well, would that work or not, we would have to see it, but for better or worse, you take him and run all you can, because without multiple superstars, there's no way to even having close of a chance to compete against GSW, let alone beating them.

1st you have to get stars, and getting good players/ring chasers, you worry about that latter, because Morey is a cap space genius, so if the players willing to come, he can make it happen and than some.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

If we somehow pulled this off and were stuck with nothing at PF, i would LOVE if we were able to get the #10-12 pick and get Lauri Markkanen via trading Lou or Ariza or Gordon

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

This is a stupid move. Chris Paul is an injured prone let him go to San Antonio. And Gordon Hayward is not coming to Houston. Paul George is the only player the Rockets should target. He will help the Rockets defensively and will bring great leadership to the team. That is something James Harden needs. But who am I to tell Morey, I'm a moron and Morey is a genius...

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ok?

8. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Blake Griffin is the playmaking 4 we need. Improved Jump Shooter, excellent finisher around the rim, and can command a Fast Break.

I still believe this is a giant smoke screen.

Las Summer, Morey & Co. hit us over the head with fit and chemistry. With BG, you get fit, chemistry, and an upgrade in talent. The spacing will not be the same but the offensive attack will be more balanced

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Whether he's a fit or not, I just don't see the point in wasting time trying to convince CP3 to come here.
    Going to San Antonio would be more appealing to Paul if it doesn't come down to money (yes we can clear space a lot easier than they can but I'm assuming neither team will be giving him super max anyway; and they have the same tax breaks)
    Even if we wanna pretend that the chances for championship is equal between us two, Kawhi and Harden can be a wash but considering one plays the same position as Paul way more, you tell me which makes more sense

I find it hard to believe Morey actually thinks we have a legitimate chance at Paul. I guess you have to try, but I don't know, make a more realistic target feel the love (also Hayward is not realistic but won't list my reasons)

10. Nook

Nook Member

Meh.

I wouldn't assume that Paul prefers San Antonio. He almost signed with the Rockets once before. San Antonio has to gut their team just to get Paul signed and Parker is likely done as well.

Nothing more than idle discussions at this point anyway.

11. threepointshot3

PG and leadership don't go together. He was throwing all his teammates under the bus in the playoffs.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Paul George will bring leadership to the Rockets and James Harden?

The same guy that porked his teammates wife (Hibbert), frequently told his teammates that he wanted to be traded to LA and sucked for half a year after getting a prostitute pregnant after raw dogging her?

Yeah I'll pass on that "leadership".

If George wants to come and be Harden's side kick, great.... but no one is going to be looking to Paul for leadership.

Fullcourt and BigMaloe like this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This, I just dont understand how people dont get this by now.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Paul George already committed to the Pacers.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

exactly, Paul George even said that he had to be put into a leadership position for Indiana this season and it was something that was new to him...he clearly didn't do a good job

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

they think that CP3 will be standing in the corner waiting for Harden to hopefully give him the ball because Harden wasn't playing off-ball a ton when playing with legendary PG's like Jeremy Lin and Ty Lawson with McHale the master tactician as coach

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Forgive me, world. If CP3 would work (as effen if) why not go Rubio for 'next to nada'? Makes as much, read: LITTLE) sense.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

1 is a top 10 player and the other isn't even a top 10 PG?

Remlap, seeingred and BigMaloe like this.
  19. DMO (DJ remix)

Because Rubio can't shoot a lick, in a league where shooting became most important skill, yes, let's get a pg that we have zero need for. Beverley moves the needle much more than Rubio does, if we want to improve we need stars (and Rubio ain't close to one) that does something better, not worse.

Remlap and BigMaloe like this.
  20. DMO (DJ remix)

For everyone concerned how would CP3 would work with Harden, well it's not like we got a roster who can set the league on fire, so we need to get better players, and CP3 is no Melo, who i can't see much of a need, as he has attitude issues, ball stopper, bad D and etc, CP3 is neither of those things ( maybe he has some attitude, but very few stars don't) and if Harden would not work well with CP3 we could trade one of those, its better to have multiple stars who can't work together and be able to trade one for some goodies, than having an above average roster and one star, in a league so driven by stars.