1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

This sounds so familiar...

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Forgive me, world. If CP3 would work (as effen if) why not go Rubio for 'next to nada'? Makes as much, read: LITTLE) sense.

(Sarcasm meter off, folks?)

roslolian likes this.
  3. rocketman94

rocketman94 Member

Maybe I'm dreaming here but Deandre and Hayward would've the needle if we could manage to keep Ryno.

roslolian and deb4rockets like this.
  4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

would rather have blake griffin and hayward

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The sad thing is that EVEN if Morey was somehow able to get CP3 AND Hayward and retain the entire roster from last season (if it were possible), the team would still not be good enough to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series.

While this Warriors team is healthy and intact, the rest of the Western Conference will be retooling for third place finish while the Eastern conference teams will be playing for second place.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't even want Chris Paul. There is nothing wrong with our guards. I say Power Forward Por Favor!

Easy, kjayp, roslolian and 1 other person like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I just don't know how he would fit . Sure he's an upgrade to Gordon and Beverley , but don't know that he will be able to play next to James as well as they can .

Plus which of the guards minutes gets cut / gets traded and for what ?

Too many unknowns for me

roslolian and CallMeTheDream like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You can see thru the bullshit unlike 98% of the posters here. You took the words right out of my mouth. This is all diversion just to get rid of Ariza. The fans here are going to waste their entire summer thinking of a fake ass dream. Gotta make that Harden happy, whatever it takes.

kjayp, roslolian and lw17 like this.
  9. CallMeTheDream

I only like this plan if you can get Pau Gasol and another really good veteran to take minimum pay cuts to fill out the team. Other than that I'd rather go all in for Paul George than literally gut the entire team for CP3 and Hayward. That's an ugly trio that doesn't even fit right on paper(Paul and Harden mainly). Warriors would still dismantle us with no problem. CP3 is on downside of his career, and Hayward is a slightly better version of Parsons from a few years ago. All that money locked up in 3 players and that team barely moves the needle. All 3 would have to play damn near 40 minutes a night because of trash depth and we'd be burned out before the playoffs. Not even to mention CP3's injury history. I'm for going all in on superstars but they need to fit and make sense.

10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

If cp3 couldn't do ish with blake, Deandre, reddick, crawford then there is no way he does anything with harden and Hayward and a gutted roster with zero post defense.

kjayp and roslolian like this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Why i say blow this team up. Get ready to fight come 2020, 3 years of retooling never hurt anyone. Whats the point anymore, astros did it in 5 and look , they are the warriors in the mlb, well not really but they got a good record like the chiefs did in NFL.

Know Your Role likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey will pull Tarik Black, Joey Dorsey out of his wizard hat. Like rabbits.

cheke64 likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

But but but.. Chris Paul and Harden can't play together... they need two balls because neither has ever played without the ball in their hand.

basketballholic and BigMaloe like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Uh, did u forget that the Clippers have suffered an injury to either CP3 or Griffin in the last 3 postseasons?

Also, Harden is better than anyone on the Clippers including Paul, and Hayward is right up there with Griffin. If they both agreed to slight paycuts then the roster wouldn't be totally gutted, and who are these beasts in the post that we'd have to worry about? The SA bigs? SA isn't beating a Big 3 of CP3, Hayward, and Harden, period.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Best post in the thread, 100% chance this is what happens. Every single time the Rox go big they end up with egg on their face.

People forget but Anderson and Ego were panic signings when we ran out of FAs to sign because we waited for Horford while everyone else signed all the good players. We could've signed Channing Frye for 1/10 of Anderson and he would've provided the same production while allowing us to sign somebody better.

cheke64 and kjayp like this.
  16. lionaire

lionaire Member

I still want Paul and Hayward. Just a different Paul.

MILLSAP.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If Maury is going to dream, he might as well dream big

Moreys Summer Goal? Bring LBJ+Paul George

18. Know Your Role

Yes. We can build a machine out of the Rockets and home grow high draft picks. Make these guys care about the Rockets before we pay them set for several lifetimes money.

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

I can't see getting Hayward - he's too young to take a pay cut and I think he likes being the man in Utah. But i can see a Chris Paul, Paul George, Paul Milsap type taking less money to play with us this off season or next. We need some sort of Paul.

For the vets who have already made their money, I'm not sure there's a big difference between $35 mil and a first round exit or $20 mil and a puncher's chance at a ring

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

@cyberx do you know if Morey has any interest in Cousins?