1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what's next...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Have you seen his abs tho

mikol13 likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't waste my time @mikol13. It's the same bullshit every single time these kids don't get the player they want. The holdup was always Anderson's contract, so there is no surprise here. I wanted Melo but not at the expense of hurting our depth. We have a very talented team right now with a bunch of players in their prime, why the hell would we give that up for a player who is exiting his prime?

mikol13 likes this.
  3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I still want Anderson traded to the Pistons or Bucks

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

We still have a hole at backup guard. We can't rely on Gordon to be healthy for 82 games and CP3 is going to need rest. Deron Williams is a great fit for this role.

The only other player I might watch is Jamychal Green. Still unsigned and a pretty versatile player. SnT for Anderson + something else? Probably not.

ElPigto likes this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yes but you said Morey blew it. Is it really blowing it by refusing to include key pieces. Most would agree that it wouldn't have been worth it

HTX Ninja and mikol13 like this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

I think its the idea that the chances of Lebron (and therefore CP3) playing here next year are potentially diminished. Our team probably isn't much worse, but the banana boat team seems like something that will happen in LA, not Houston.

today likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I really would love to get JGreen here. I wonder if Grizzlies would take all of our NGs to do a sign and trade. We could even throw in a 2nd. This guy would be excellent for this team.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Next we enjoy a great team and great season. That's what being a Rockets fan is about, not moaning and groaning about a player that was never a Rocket.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  9. macan

macan Member

now let's cure Ryno's broken heart and go with what we have

saleem likes this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Anderson+2nd rounders for Tobias Harris. We get a more versatile player who is also overpaid.

11. theimpossibles1

That is assuming cp3, LBJ and others would be willing to take paycuts. Also assuming Fertita would pay all the luxury taxes.

There's a good chance Melo just isn't that valuable. All we know he is good for is making open 3s (sounds familiar).

If the Rox have a good season and put up a fight against okc, gs, etc this could certainly improve our chances to get Lebron.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Stand pat and see how our depth plays out .

Maybe get a surprise from a young guy .( Qi or nanu or Brazilian Paul George )

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Picking up CP3 was huge. People here are very short-sighted and will only remember their own negativity from the Melo odyssey.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Trade gordon and Ariza and acquire melo and wade after buyout

Then you go into next year free agency with 4 of the 5 members of banana boat already on the team + harden vs keep ariza who is a free agent and Eric gordon is often
    Injured ...

15. Abraham Rodriguez

I honestly think we have a decent team with or without Carmelo.. we have a decent starting 5 and a good bench..

16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Only if Tillman's grunts hit Sherwin Williams to pick up some paint and swing by Home Depot's parking lot for cheap labor and paint the inside of TC to fix Ryan's annoying ass home shooting problem.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Probably not. Memphis will try to fleece Morey, and that's not worth it.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

To clear space to get Chris Paul via free agency means that they would have had to trade these assets anyway. Getting Chris Paul via trade made it more likely they were able to add
    The dream of the banana boat sure requires a lot of moving parts for it to happen, especially with all of the players moving on to a new team in your scenario.

napalm06 likes this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Enjoy a great team and seeing if the birds we acquired are even more lethal, if Capela can really be that force, what CP3 can do with that rock and how our defensive PJ and Mbah will work out. Ow yeah, and how slim Harden plays now!! Damn I’m excited, best team since 2009 and likely to be better.

20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Hopefully run with what we have (plus Trey Burke).. though i have to think Ryno would be a bit butt hurt at the moment? You think theres a possibility he would want to get moved before the season starts?