1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what's next...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

boom.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tillman loses his shirt in his businesses, gets underwater, and puts the houston rockets up for sale. in the meantime, ryno goes out for the year and gets a tip to visit the waco back doctor

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Go into the season with a much improved, deeper roster than last year. Give time for Harden and Paul to mesh and to figure out the best way to rotate them during the game. Then see what options are available around the trade deadline.

That is a much better option than sacrificing our depth to try to get Melo and prevent OKC from getting him. I wasn't worried about OKC before that trade and I'm not worried about them now. We need to gear up to compete against GSW and sacrificing our depth for Melo would not have gotten that done.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Trade for the next disgruntled star.

5. Coach E

Coach E Member

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Want, want, want...

The Rockets will have a helluva team as is. Let's be happy and roll with what we have. I'm excited due to the offseason additions to an already damn good team.

If there is a deal to be made at the deadline to make the team better, we definitely have what it takes to get it done imo. Until then, I don't care anymore.

Let's go!!

Deuce and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. deshen

deshen Member

continue struggling to be contender, like the last 10+ years.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

we have a good roster, time to play some basketball, I am very excited

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

at the end of the day, we are still an attractive destination with 2 top 10 players...Melo did have us as the only team on his list for awhile and we were still his top choice even tho he ended up in OKC...a 3rd star will eventually come that's better than Melo and worth sacrificing our depth

it sucks that Melo is in OKC, I can't even lie, but the Rockets are still 1 of the best teams in the NBA, and I have faith that Morey will find a way to continue improving the team

bawanyh likes this.
  10. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This cracked me up lol

Deuce likes this.
  11. megastahr

What players do you think might shake loose ? That are impact players ?

12. megastahr

Or because we had him on a silver platter? Then let a conference rival take him for peanuts?

That's just terrible gming

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Right because being the 2nd best team in the conference to now 4th is great.

It's called relativity, dufus.

megastahr likes this.
  14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

You mean a 3rd star will come after CP and Harden are well out of their prime? Yea ok

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't think you know how GMing works.
    Morey didn't screw up anything. The OKC trade trumps ours simply with the fact that Kanter's contract is a whole year shorter than Ryno's. How do you not get that? That was the hold up the whole time. We were never close to a deal because no one wants a bad contract with 3 years remaining.

RyanB and deshen like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Rockets were close on Melo when Jackson was in charge. He was ready to cut bait. But Perry killed everything. But yes, the Kanter contract is better than Anderson's because of the years and it is as simple as that.

amaru likes this.
  17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

**** your opinion bro, cause it means less than @Mathrocker s ****.

We clearly DID not have what it takes to get it done. Your opinion clearly is wrong.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Ride with what we have. Try to re sign Paul in the off-season

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

What are u even talking about? We are still 1 of the most attractive situations in the NBA, or are u going to sit there and try to deny that?

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No reason to be a dick because we don't agree. We had more than enough to get a Melo deal done. Why gut the team for an aging player who has a history of giving the coach problems and has shown he doesn't fit the system?

Look, I still wanted Melo, but not by weakening the team.

As far as having the necessary assets, we have them, Morey just isn't going to waste them.

Now, next time you come at me like that for no reason, please make sure you have your big boy pants on or I will put you in timeout.

Plowman and ElPigto like this.