1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

So, what have you destroyed watching Rocket Games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Boo, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

This will hopefully be a fun off topic. When I was watching the 1st game of the Dallas Series, there was a point in the game where Dirk got to the free throw line on 3 consecutive plays. After Dirk's 3rd trip to the line, I did my best Hulk Hogan impression and ripped my T-shirt in half; needless to say I was more than pissed and now I'm somewhat embarassed telling y'all this. It was a good thing though that my girlfriend was asleep at the time, cause for sure she would've made me turn off the game. When she woke up late in the 4th Quarter, she was wondering why I had my shirt off, and I just said it was too hot. Of course, I disposed of any evidence after the game.

Anyways, I thought I would share my small moment of angony. So, post what you've destroyed (or come close to damaging) while watching the Rockets play.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

My sanity a couple of times.:D

3. rmartine

rmartine Contributing Member

My liver!

4. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

I walk away from the TV and calm down, telling myself it's only a game and we weren't supposed to win this year anyway.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Actually, I knew all the way that we were going to pull it out. My wife however lost it when Dallas got close like 7pt the end of 3rd. She told me that Rox would lost that one. I just smiled back.

6. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I broke a TV remote when David got called for that offensive foul near the end of the game, that was my fill of the bad refs.. I think I was getting tooooo stressed out over the game, I want them to win so bad this year and it's not like me to have my temper get the best of me like that...:mad: :mad: Still mad about that call though...

7. Varunan

Varunan Contributing Member

Girlfriend's ears and jumpy nerves.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can't sit still and watch a playoff game, I have to be doing something else or I will end up gouging my eyes out with an ice cream scooper before it's all over.

9. rmartine

rmartine Contributing Member

Once I went and grabbed my gun ran outside and shot up my neighbors Cadillac Escalade. Then grabbed a sledge hammer and tore down his wooden fence and mailbox.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

not this year but... in '94 there was a moment of high fiving into a fan blade that broke fingers (Max's 3 and then 2 against the Spurs to keep the 15-0 streak alive early on)

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I have a Eddie Griffin plastic bobblehead. I take out all of my anger out on it. It works pretty good...

12. rvpals

rvpals Member

My throat, I cursed at the refs so much my throat smoking hot.

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My wife's eardrums.

14. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I like to think that I have destroyed the heavy chains holding me captive from the restrictions of this cruel world by retreating into Rockets games, and escaped into a land of stalwart heroes battling it out for the ultimate prize... if you will.

:eek:

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Me too. I consume beer at a furious pace.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

:D

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I brought my hanging curtains to the ground in jubilation after the Nuggets upset the Sonics in Game 5 of the 94 playoffs.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I destroyed a lamp and shattered the 3 light bulbs in it all over my carpet.

Oh wait. That was when I landed in the water during a playoff with Justin Leonard in Tiger Woods 2005.

19. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

Last year in Game 1 against LA, when Jackson missed the game winner I picked up my full-size guest mattress and threw it across the room.

20. forenzi

forenzi Contributing Member

besides my motorola mpx220 smartphone my lungs