1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, what have you destroyed watching Rocket Games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Boo, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This year the games have really gotten me worked up...almost to an unhealthy level. At a game a few weeks ago I was up at a bar with friends watching, and the Rockets did something that pissed me off. I slammed my fist on the table, which knocked a drink all over my buddie's wifes....she was not happy.

With the playoffs it getting even worse. I live and die with each shot. I'm gonna have an ulcer before the 1st round is over.

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I've destroyed my sanity watching some games and a few keyboards doing pbp.

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

My sex drive if we had lost........

I know it sounds bad, but it would have taken me atleast 30mins after the game was over before mr happy would have wanted to play. :D

4. benzman501

benzman501 Member

many many relationships and sex!

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I cracked my TV once. This was a few years back, just a regular season game, I was doing homework with a plain bic pen. Something pissed me off and I chucked the pen at the TV, sure enough it hit the point dead on and put a small crack in it. Looked just like a windshield crack from a rock.

6. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

I was close to a protruding corner of the room when Tmac hit a 3. I swung my arm in celebration and scraped a bunch of skin off as a result.

7. leehoang

leehoang Member

I wanted to cry, when the Astros lost last year...

8. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

I've nearly destroyed my remote many, many times. I try to remember to always throw it into the pillow, but don't always succeed.

I did almost break my hand on the edge of the couch in a particularly nasty rage during the '96 playoffs against the Sonics (back when they still inspired the most passionate hatred out of me).

9. rmartine

rmartine Contributing Member

I feel relieved to know I'm not alone. My wife has tried to convince me I was wierd for taking the Rockets games so serious. Thanks guys. I feel much better. By the way does anyone know of a good window repair place in Cypress? I through a chair through my living room window.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You need to grow a pair.

11. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I have this personal philosphy, "A happy wife (girlfriend, cause we live together) is a happy home."

12. jeremy99

jeremy99 Contributing Member

Game 7 of the 1993 Western Semi Finals against the Sonics when none other than Joey Crawford called the phantom tip on Horry on Ricky Pierce's pass that sailed out of bounds...

I took my baseball bat to the TV, smashed the screen, and shocked the hell out of myself. Then fell down the stairs rushing to watch Hakeem miss the 3 pointer with no time left. :mad:

Then I had to go to Circuit City and buy the exact model before my parents got home. $350 well spent. :(

13. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

i think you win, jeremy99!!!

:eek:

14. DCballer

DCballer Member

OMFG!!!!:eek: This thread has cracked me up. Thanks.:D :D :D

15. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

I don't remember which game it was, but about 3 years ago I got really pissed during a game and slammed my foot into the coffee table and cracked it in half.

16. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

during the playoffs in 93 i began keeping a legal pad on the coffee table in front of the couch. in the moment of truth i simply tear off a sheet, wad it up into a ball and throw it as hard as i can at the tv. it's not too destructive and the three-step process is a really nice way to get some stress relief (until the next posession, of course.) it's also much less expensive than throwing the remote/full beer at the tv.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Dislocated my right index toe during the 1993 semifinals with seattle. I think it was the seventh game cuz we went into overtime. Started jumping up and down and kicking things which resulted directly to the injury. Anyway, i called my dad with the news and told him to pick me up at my friends house. Had him wait untill the game was over.

#37 percicles, Apr 25, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  18. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

the year we had pippen we got up to like a 20-25 pt lead on the Spurs, then they come back and I think....I THINK...elie hits a three in the last 10 seconds to put them ahead...Then Pippen misses a 3 pointer at the buzzer that was so close to going in it was insane...well, I was only like, um, what 14-15 max at the time, but I pick up this glass i had been drinking dr pepper out of and threw it at the wall as hard as possible.

19. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

All I do is yell at the TV when our players lose their focus or turn the ball over. And as you can imagine I did that a lot back when Francis was on our team. I do it less today, but our guards are mostly the target of my anger/vitriol. Yao? Eh... I'm used to him being knocked down. I just make some snide remark like, "Get off your butt and get back on D!" :D

I haven't destroyed anything since 1981 (Astros) and 1992 (Oilers). Houston sports fans should know why.

#39 DavidS, Apr 25, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've knocked a remote control to pieces several times when throwing in on the floor, but have always been able to reassemble it. Still, its looking like an ancient Greek statue now with all the chips and cracks in it.