1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

SJWs gets their talons into Bond franchise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Jul 17, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Besides Skyfall, has there been a Bond movie where his Scottish heritage played a role that was integral to the story?

If you can tolerate the dozens of shitty campy low brow Bond films that are nothing more than popcorn flicks, you can tolerate Bond not being Scottish.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Then why do you care if it is trivial? You are welcome to go to more pressing issues in other threads. You are welcome here of course, but you may be happier in an anti-trump thread if you don't value bond.

Also you bring up a core point of my argument. These are romances for men. Male fantasy to be specific. Feminism has no place there, which is the whole point of the thread.

mick fry likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I already said my piece. Not going to change my opinion... I have covered the relevant parts to this tangent. And yes I can tolerate it but I just prefer the original character the way flemming intended.

mick fry likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

Key term there is "cheap" romance novels.

I find your outrage rather fake and pathetic. You don't give a **** about the dozens of campy Bond films that have nothing to do with Bond's ethnic heritage.

Is Bond's heritage playing a role in god damn "The World is not Enough" or "Die Another Day"?

When you watched those films you enjoyed the over the top action set pieces, him ****ing hot girls and that's about it.

London'sBurning likes this.
  5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I would think characters like William Wallace or Robert the Bruce would be more representative of Scottish culture and independence over a British spy. We're talking about a British spy, whose country historically has done everything in it's power to prevent Scotland from being it's own sovereign independent nation.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Also, can you open your mind to the idea that this has nothing to do with "SJWs" and more to do with Bond films going on to their 27th rendition and the creative team decides to change things up?

Where is the sjw outrage for casting a white male in the Witcher series or having a white male play the lead male characters of Game of Thrones?

Here is the harsh reality that you need to realize. Anti-SJWs such as yourself have become everything you've criticized sjws for.

Blatz likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Your obsession with bond's race and ethnicity is pathetic. Perhaps you harbor some level of hate european ethnicities? This thread is not about that even.

mick fry likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

Where was the sjw outrage for having Chris Pine, white male, playing Robert the Bruce?

9. fchowd0311

Gaslighting is a pretty cheap and pathetic attempt at swinging at air when you know you ran out of valid arguments.

10. London'sBurning

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually really enjoyed Outlaw King. Braveheart is a great movie but it really did a poor job of painting Robert the Bruce as this pathetic betrayer of Scottish sovereignty. Outlaw King does a good job at showing why Robert the Bruce is such an important historical figure in Scottish history. But dachuda likes British spies and think they represent Scottish history and values. This thread is his cross to carry it seems.

Blatz and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I actually have destroyed your argument... you are just hanging around and dishing insults at this point. I already covered all of this with my mic drop drop post. You are incapable of reading I suppose. Carry on.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It is his character. You are a nimrod... you can't change a texan to a new yorker interchangably. You should actually read more about modern scottish culture if brave heart is your only window...

*micdrop.jpeg

13. London'sBurning

Please educate me how a fictional British spy exemplifies the modern day Scotsman more than real historical figures like William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. =) And how a fictional black female British spy is infringing on the modern Scotsman's culture. Your cross must be so heavy. How can you carry it and type on a keyboard simultaneously?

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My understanding is that Bond in the Flemming books is a really boring, grumpy guy, not the polymath one-liner spewing, hyper-confident sex machine of the films. He doesn't drink shaken-not-stirred martinis (though he does drink a ton of basically anything else), but he does spend a lot of time working at a desk in an office and suffers from serious depression after his wife dies.

I'm not sure you'd really like James Bond at all "the way Flemming intended." He seems to much more closely track James Mason's character in the film of John le Carre's "The Spy Who Came In From The Cold".

15. fchowd0311

Oh I thought it was decent flick also.

I'm just making a point to dachuda that the alleged Bond character change has more to do with it being the 27th rendition of the same character and the creative team deciding they might try something that isn't redundant.

These mythical "sjws" don't care if a lead character is a white male especially when the story is historical. No one is going to b**** about a white male playing a role of a Scottish historical figure.

Dachuda is trying to frame this alleged change in Bond's gender and ethnicity is SJW outrage manifested when again, it's merely a milked franchise going on to their 27th rendition changing for the sake of changing because that's what happens in Hollywood when you are heading to the 27th rendition of a milked franchise.

London'sBurning likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Seriously those character traits of Bond being a not so suave brute is far more integral in how the character is portrayed and percieved than him being Scottish.

Ask a random person who only has exposure to the films the top 3 characteristics of Bond. Scottish identity would hardy ever be mentioned. "ladies man" , "sauve," "charasmatic" would roughly be the most cited traits.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You haven't read a single bond book if that is your take. Look at you pretending to read. So cute.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It is getting hard to reply to scottish haters cause yall seem to not care about lore. I do. All I said was I prefer them to portray the character. Yall hear it as bond has to be white. Yall are seriously screwed up. lol

Read my mic drop post to fchow. This is getting off topic.

19. fchowd0311

You created a post about imaginary people being outraged to the point that creative talent decided Bond can change ethnicity and gender when in reality it's nothing more than Hollywood finding ways to change things up on the TWENTY-SEVENTH rendition of a campy Hollywood blockbuster.

Again, was there any outrage over Chris Pine being cast as Robert the Bruce? Or Henry Cavill being cast as the Witcher? No because you are creating a false narrative in your head.

Blatz and JayGoogle like this.
  20. jcf

jcf Member

Not really getting this thread.

Bond is still Bond. His job position of 007 has simply been filled by a new character (at least at the beginning of the movie). FranchiseB has it right.

biff17 likes this.