1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Shams) Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man... the Spurs have GOT to just give up already. Stop with this. I'm tired of it. Kawhi doesn't want any part of it. Move on.

ilovehtownbb and heypartner like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bruce Bowen rips Kawhi Leonard: 'Not one time has he said anything'

Bruce Bowen, who won three NBA titles with the San Antonio Spurs, took Kawhi Leonard to task for his dealings with the team this year, saying, "There's nothing but excuses going on."

Speaking on Sirius XM NBA Radio on Thursday night, Bowen said: "First, it was, 'Well I was misdiagnosed.' Look here: You got $18 million this year, and you think that they're trying to rush you? You didn't play for the most part a full season this year. And you're the go-to guy, you're the franchise and you want to say that they didn't have your best interest at heart? Are you kidding me?"

"I think he's getting bad advice," Bowen said. "I think what you're starting to see now is an individual given a certain amount of advice, and it's not the right advice. Here it is: You were protected in San Antonio. You were able to come up during a time where you still could lean on Tim [Duncan] Tony [Parker] and Manu [Ginobili]."

Bowen said Leonard has not been forthcoming about his issues with the team.

"Not one time has Kawhi come out and said anything to the effect of, 'You know what, hey, I really enjoy being in San Antonio.' Or, 'I can't stand what's going on here in San Antonio,' " Bowen said. "Not one time has he said anything."

Bowen also said he thought Leonard's decision to rehab in New York instead of with the team was a problem.

"As a player, if I'm a leader of a team, my team goes on the road in the playoffs, I'm with my guys," he said. "Because that's what it's all about. It's about camaraderie. It's about fellowship. It's a brotherhood. When that didn't happen, it's all kinds of sirens and alarm signals that says to me, 'Is this person fully vested?' ... I don't want to take on a player who's not willing to support his guys during the course of their time needing him."

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said Thursday night that the franchise's desire is to keep the disgruntled Leonard in the fold but that the club "will explore all of our options."

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bruce Bowen publicly ripping Kawhi is further proof he is definitely leaving. If there was any chance of him staying, Bowen would hold his fire for now because the open criticism just makes the situation more untenable.

adoo and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh I wouldn’t assume Bowen spoke to the Spurs before commenting but it certainly didn’t help.

Vivi likes this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not assuming that.

6. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

Although I agree with Bowen, it's worth pointing out that he *does* work for the Clippers now. So, my guess is this is his own unfiltered take...

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kawhi is Boston’s to lose on the trade front. Would Philly be able to pull off trading for Kawhi and signing Lebron?

I would give up Ben Simmons for Kawhi if I were comfortable with Kawhi’s medicals and he said he would resign. Bron, Kawhi, and Embiid in Philly would be very interesting.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I suppose. I don’t personally recall them being in a movie together besides those two. You're also right about Godfather 2, essentially two different movies.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Spurs, man.

"Leonard has been adamant that he doesn't want to step into the San Antonio locker room again, and the Spurs have been adamant that they won't be forced into a trade, or a timetable, prior to the February trading deadline, league sources said."

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm loving this all around.

Sajan, heypartner and J Sizzle like this.
  13. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Love pop. F Leonard, Lebron, and LA

bulkatron likes this.
  14. PatBev

PatBev Member

What a b****. Can someone explain how he feels so "disrespected" by the Spurs as i heard in the past?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I honestly don't know. I have no idea what is really going on there. But this much I know...I am LOVING EVERY SECOND of the Spurs drama.

Sajan and Jontro like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i still wish injury upon this asshat. **** this dirty ass ex-player, go break both legs.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think it's part Kawhi feeling disrespected, but mostly it's Kawhi being a coward and not wanting to face his teammates. I've lost all respect for Kawhi throughout this saga. It's one thing to be unhappy, and want out.....it's another to hide in the shadows and let your Uncle do all your dirty work while you don't even give the team enough respect to tell them yourself. Kawhi made Pop, who's dealing with his own personal tragedy, get on a plane and fly out to him instead of just manning up and going to see him himself. Hell, FACETIME him. But show the man the respect that he deserves.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Spurs sounding like the kid with no power saying, "You can't make me."

Yeah, no one is buying that Pops/Spurs. You aren't going to be able to successfully hold your disgruntled superstar hostage anymore than PhilJax and the Knicks could or PhilJax and Lakers before that, could.

Get over yourself Spurs. You failed to keep your franchise player happy, and now time to be humble. You're not going to win anything in the media by bashing your franchise player. So don't try. Suck it up.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

By coddling LMA last fall and letting him play his out-dating game last season, Pops basically chose LMA over Kawhi. He should have let LMA go, as a statement that you can't whine and get your way.

It's well known Kawhi thinks LMA is a whiner, and it would piss me off if I'm a quiet, hardworking, diligent freaking Franchise Superstar, and my coach caved to LMA and told me to deal with LMA getting his way for the team.

Pops flicked up, and there is nothing you Pops apologists can say to convince me otherwise. He lost his franchise player by catering to LMA...lulz. What an idiot.

Deuce and hakeem94 like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Bad Karma on the Spurs, being a dirty team all these years. Bad Karma on Skip Bayless and Michelle Beadle talking bad about the Rockets and James Harden. What goes Around Comes Around, spreading Negativity with their Big Mouths on the Rockets, now both are Embarrassed by Kawhi by being a huge diva, worse than Harden. Harden doesn't play defense nonsense. Hey, Kawhi doesn't play in games or care about the team that pays him Millions.

chievous minniefield likes this.