1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Mallett named the Texans starting quarterback

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by JonRetro, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm one of those in favor of the change(just like AJ80:grin:)BUT

does no one else think they should have kept the news about the change in-house(ie. just to the players and coaches, owner/gm etc) and left the Browns wondering which QB will start next week? Granted it's not like the Browns have regular season tape of Mallett to watch but still, I'd think the element of surprise would at least be nice to have for a game that one has to believe the Texans aren't favored to win. I just think no need to announce it to the media or fans. Keep it quiet and let everyone outside the organisation think the change is still being considered. It seems rather "unbelichikian" of BoB.

1 person likes this.
  2. cdain3

cdain3 Member

3. cdain3

cdain3 Member

QUOTE=ktbballplaya;9314967]Andre seems to like Mallett[/QUOTE]

[​IMG][

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't it's the sake of change. Fitzpatrick looked horrible out there no matter how hard he tried.

And I've looked at some of Malletts pre-seasons games dating back to 2011 and Bobby I don't see what you are talking about. He is pretty awesome at hitting his receivers in stride well past 40 yards down the field.

Again give the man chance before shooting him down.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He's preparing Mallett mentally for the media and the game.

6. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Few quotes

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

8. conquistador#11

you guys found game film on mallett, that's like finding an alien autopsy =)

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

And he moves well in the pocket...you don't have to be fast to move well in the pocket...Bobbythegreat is a idiot

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Makes the next game a lot more interesting.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

13. TheresTheDagger

But...but....but...

HARVARD!!!

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

This is good either way. He may be our franchise QB or he may lead us to another top 5 pick. Good either way.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MALLET MALLET . . HE IS . . . MALLET!!

They put him in the MIX!!

Rocket River

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I hope mallett succeeds and locks this position up for years to come. I don't want our team to be having to have a game of musical QB chairs going on. It's time for our team to find our QB so it's now or never. If mallett proves to be our QB of the future he can then work with receivers in the offseason our team can begin to gel with the QB and it will allow us to focus on other parts of the team that need addressing as well. Everything is laid out for mallett to succeed and I hope it happens.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

..or just maybe he can be the guy they wanted Fitz to be .. someone who can play the position reasonably well while the search for a franchise guy takes place . It doesn't have to be all or nothing but a Fitz run offense was about as exciting as a bologna sandwich .

18. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

This is the first time Bobbythegreat was involved in a factual statement.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Not sure how you could say that

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a lot of traits most would want in a QB. He's a good leader, he's smart, and he can move his feet. But anything having to do with actually playing the quarterback position, he absolutely blows at. He has the single weakest arm in the NFL (and that includes Schaub), he has no accuracy, he cannot read a defense, and he has little awareness

I'd rather swing and miss with Mallet than watch the putrid garbage that is Ryan Fitzpatrick

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol, one more game to do what? Prove that he's the same guy that played for all those other teams over the years? What exactly are you looking for?
    It's not like they're going to make the playoffs, I'd rather see what our other quarterbacks can do. Maybe this will actually convince them to make it a draft priority.