1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Paul Responds to TSA: Introduces 'American Traveler Dignity Act'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rtsy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I already have repeatedly in this thread.

1) Easiest way: simply detonate your bomb while waiting in the security line. 100s dead.
    2) Bring on a knife. It's still easy to do. Google for proof.
    3) Anthrax spores.
    4) Bomb up your ass.
    5) laptop batteries have a great deal of potential energy. A halfway competent EE could get a nice explosion out of those without much trouble.
    6) The GAO already admitted that the "underwear" bomber that started this mess would not have been caught with the new nudie scanner.
    etc etc etc

The public office vs. private company debate is really not germane to this conversation. This is a public entity, and therefore the 4th amendment applies. We are all being illegally searched...for nothing.

EDIT: It appears you might have already acknowledged that you were wrong later on in this thread. If that is the case, I'm glad we agree.

#81 rhadamanthus, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I'm traveling for thanksgiving break, sheesh =/

3. rhadamanthus

Yeah me too. Enjoy the theater.

4. rhadamanthus

I too travel next week. Wednesday.

lol so I guess you and NJ regularly let random strangers at the airport fondle your balls for no reason before this new rule went into affect? Perhaps you guys could run for senate in Idaho...

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I will drive as much as I can until they clean up the mess that is the Nude scanners/groping.

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Lololol....dude, do u know how silly u sound? Thats positively ridiculous

7. NJRocket

take the train...one less person in front of me in line who doesnt wanna deal with security lines...fine by me

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  9. NJRocket

thats the only logical response ive heard from someone who doesnt agree with the new pat down policy....no one is making u fly, u are all free to explore other options for travel

10. Major

Major Member

No - I've just used the scanners, which I have no problem with.

11. Tizz

Tizz Member

As someone who flies an average of 4-5 times per month, I have to say I've never been groped, and I've only been put into a body scanner once. Maybe I'm lucky? Or are these "groping" issues not as common as some of you are making them out to be? Serious question.

12. NJRocket

13. rhadamanthus

A typical major response/attitude. No principles, just nonsensical rationalization wrapped in the guise of pragmatism.

14. NJRocket

i fly a tad less than u....maybe 2-3 times per month...and they dont SEEM to be as common as they are made out to be...i think we just hear/read about ones that become big news. Anytime someone gets patted down and they get their balls, ass, t*** or snatch grazed who doesnt like te policy, you are gonna hear them cry "molestation!" etc bc they want the policy to go away

15. NJRocket

why do u give a damn about Major's or my stance on the situation? Now we have no principles bc we disagree w u and ur upset that u cant fly without going thru a scanner or getting patted down?

16. Major

Major Member

Did you complain about metal detectors? Or the change to not allow non-passengers past security? Or having bomb-sniffer dogs around? Or increased checks of luggage? Or having your carry-on bags go through a scanner?

What's the difference between those and walking through a scanner? I think the scanners are stupid because they are a waste of money and not very effective at what they are supposed to do. But the idea that they violate my privacy is nonsense. I'm not going to get into a fit over something that doesn't affect me negatively in any way.

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

The others don't violate your privacy.

They should replace metal detectors with these naked machines at every public school and then see if people have an issue with it.

Maybe then NJRocket will say that there are alternatives such as homeschooling and private institutions.

#97 AMS, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  18. NJRocket

really? the others dont violate your privacy? Increased bag searches dont violate your privacy? Your carry on bags going thru a scanner dont violate your privacy? having to place liquids used for personal hygeine in see thru bags on the conveyor belt doesnt violate your privacy? All of those are actually much more invading to me that having someone touch me over my clothes to make sure im not strapped with a device

19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Nope, the others are optional items you choose to bring along with you, items you can easily leave behind, purchase again, or even ship to your destination.

Its not the same when someone literally gropes a part of your body for the sake of "security"..

20. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Look at the bright side, if you are a pervert and you want to inappropriately frisk people and not be arrested the government will pay you if you can land the job. :)