1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Paul Responds to TSA: Introduces 'American Traveler Dignity Act'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rtsy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Lol.....u just dont get it do u....u think this is some hidden way for the gov't to get their rocks off by touching ur private parts...like i said, there are plenty of pther ways to travel...find one if this bothers u

i know its an inconvenience to not be able to fly commercial, but certainly your civil rights are much more important than ur safety is when it comes to boarding a plane in your opinion....so go by train, car or boat

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Thyroid/Gonads being exposed. I'll pass, imagine how much radiation is used surely more than a medical xray.

3. SunsRocketsfan

that is the propaganda that the TSA and homeland security and these companies that make these machines are saying. Also if you travel everyday for work all that radiation can add up. Who knows what the long term effects are???

Anyways despite that do these machines really make you any safer??? Seems like they are just a waste of money, causes inconvenience and potentially violates our individual rights.

rhadman is spot on in this thread...
    By the way how was the new pat down security measure? I am traveling next week and definitely not looking forward to this. Lucky for me I am like you and I'm a ugly dude.. I'll be people watching and observing how people are generally taking these new measures next week.

4. NJRocket

so u probably dont have a microwave in ur house i guess?

5. rtsy

rtsy Member

So who is favoring TSA, big-government Liberals or big-government Conservatives?

Coming Soon to an Airport Near You: Prison-style strip searches?

TSA won't touch your junk—or your breasts or buttocks. If they begin to strip search passengers as if they're prison inmates, they'll do just what correctional officers do: They'll make you do all the nasty work.

What follows is an excerpt from a training video for prison guards on how to make sure that inmates aren't hiding contraband.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SLZq2iaMpXY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SLZq2iaMpXY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im not flying anymore till we get this america-killing crap out of our airports. i suspect many feel the same way and when it effects the airline industries bottom line then we might get some sanity back.

you and many others have been brainwashed into living in fear - in your case the terrorists have won.

7. SunsRocketsfan

are you walking through or into your microwave?? and microwaving your nuts like Randy Marsh??

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAyUN0KNs-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAyUN0KNs-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

8. jo mama

ive been to county jail and been strip searched - the guard does not touch you. they didnt look up my poop-shoot, but the TSA was still much more invasive and demeaning.

9. NJRocket

great....so u solved ur own problem....congrats.

10. NJRocket

a little extreme no? there arent microwave strength rays in a scanner either....bottom line is...find another way to travel if it bothers u

11. jo mama

and you let the terrorists win - congrats to you too.

12. Major

Major Member

:confused: You're the one that quit flying and changed your behavior out of fear of privacy invasion or whatever it is. NJ seems to be going along his merry life unaffected.

13. NJRocket

how do i let terrorists win by having people searched? you let them win by fighting against one of their main obstacles in blowing up another plane. u make zero sense

anyway.....ALL ABOARD.....choo choo....have a nice trip

14. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Here's a tip for those of you who haven't realized it: When the TSA guard says "The computer has randomly selected you for extra security screening," he's lying. There's nothing random about it. I've been subjected to "extra security measures" almost every single time I've flown over the past 10 years.

I remember the 90s (as many of you do) when the big bugaboos who were trying to destroy America were drug dealers. As such, U.S. Customs officials tended to be very attentive to overseas arrivals at airports.

The interesting thing: Though over 90% of all convicted drug offenders/traffickers were male, well over 50% of all the people selected to be strip searched by U.S. Customs officers were females - some of them old, some of them young girls, some in between, and many of them from places like Europe and Australia (or Americans returning from such places) with no real history of being a source of drugs to the United States.

Seriously ... any of you have cute daughters? Attractive wives?

Even beyond such a thing - if a guy wants to blow up a plane and kill you and kill himself - it seems to be he has already taken a massive leap away from sanity. In that case, what's going to stop him from going the single extra step necessary to hide something from potential random "extra security measures"?

This is theater. It's the illusion of safety. I will not be flying while this is in effect - I'm not willing to cede my dignity to the handful of utter p*****s who wet their pants anytime someone drops a duffel bag on a plane.

15. NJRocket

Great....u dont have to. No one is making u fly

16. thadeus

True ... but people like u are the reason that attractive girls are gonna get felt up and x-rayed by TSA agents.

17. SunsRocketsfan

The terrorists won.. flying didnt use to be so painful prior to 9/11. Have you been to a busy airport lately like LAX or OHare? It's a zoo! and for what? the security measures are all theater and I really don't think it makes anyone safer. The terrorists won because we have already wasted millions/billions? of dollars on these stupid new measures that just invade peoples privacy and inconvenience us all. Don't you think the terrorists are laughing seeing all the outcry, money wasted and issues they are causing us?

1 person likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Not true, people like you are the reason attractive girls will be felt up and xrayed.

[​IMG]

19. thadeus

Those x-ray specs don't even work! It's not fair that the TSA gets real x-ray specs and I actually have to talk to women to make them get naked.

:mad:

p.s. Doesn't it seem like we respond to a perceived "threat to the American way of life" by one-upping the most recent villains by immediately starting to destroy the American way of life all by ourselves?

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Immediate issue aside, but if you look at the timbre of the posts in this thread, the ones expressing the greatest fear appear to be yours.