1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-advanced-deandre-ayton-and-his-tough-season/

CBS: You don't know how it's going to play out with your option yet, but you potentially gave up some money to go to Phoenix. What went into making the decision?

RA: It's funny, I had a conversation actually today about this. This is an opportunity for a lot of things. Obviously, we're building for a few years down the line, maybe even when I'm not playing anymore. I have an opportunity to help build a culture on this team. I have an opportunity to help lead these younger guys. I have an opportunity to be myself. One of the first things Igor told me, he said, "You don't need to be anything else but yourself. I want you to just be you." And I could not be that in Houston. And that was tough for me because I play a specific style, I play a specific way. I was brought into that organization because of the way that I play, and it worked for a little while. And then, due to injuries and, obviously, different lineup changes that they had, they wanted to completely change that style that I signed up for. So it was an odd thing. It was hard. And that organization, if you're not a part of that small group of players that are involved in that, then you don't really feel like you're a part of the team.

CBS: How do you put that year in perspective now?

RA: I've been through a lot in my life, especially in my basketball life -- the past 10 years, I've had tragedy, I've had to obviously overcome quite a bit. But also I've had great basketball moments, I've had moments when I've had to grind and work and work for a role and all of this stuff. So, you know, I kind of look at everything I go through in life as having a purpose. And where do I learn and grow for something like that? Last year was the first time anything like that had happened with me in my career in basketball. I started 53 games or whatever it was, and then all of a sudden I'm not playing at all. The injury couldn't have happened at a worse time for me personally, but at the end of the day, we had a great team, a great organization -- the last thing I wanted to do is be a cancer or be a negative guy. So I had to bite my tongue quite a bit.

Media, no offense to you, you know how it is: the media is ruthless, and negativity was a part of a lot of articles written my way. People didn't understand it. I didn't understand it. But the last thing I want to do is be bitter about anything in my life. I've had enough moments of difficulty and struggle in my life. I just want to enjoy my life, enjoy playing basketball. Like I said, I want to be in an environment where I can be myself. It just feels so good to have that now. You can say what you want about me playing or not playing, I've remained the same basketball player. No matter what my percentage was or whatever it is, I've remained me, and if you don't like that, that's OK. That's just how I am. That's how I play. If you don't like a guy that stretches the floor and shoots the ball, then I'm not your guy. But, if you do, which, this team seems to like that, then I'm happy and that's great. ​

Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

#narrativetime

slothy420, hakeem94, J Sizzle and 6 others like this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And here I thought J.R. necro-bumped this thread just to put a smile on all of our faces as we rejoiced yet again that Ryan Anderson is no longer a Houston Rocket.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Big table. Small table.

amaru likes this.
  6. Know Your Role

Me before reading this article:
    [​IMG]
    After Reading:
    [​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hey Ryan, it’s because you can’t switch on defense. This is why you need a twitter or instagram so fans could politely tell you.

hongxingli, Vivi, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Maybe if you didn’t play so passive aggressively with you’re shooting and actually worked on you’re defense you still be a Rocket. Just a thought! MF stole 20 million bucks and still has the nerve to complain for his lack of productivity

Vivi, hakeem94, RyanB and 1 other person like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh boy.. here we go. This article is definitely I.D.I.O.T. level. Shouldn't be buried.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's the nicest most polite diss to a former employer I've ever read.

amaru likes this.
  11. theimpossibles1

Summary:

"Blah blah... I feel sorry for myself... blah blah..."

TheRealAllpro and BigggReddd like this.
  12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Nah he didn’t steal and he was worth the money to get here. He was apart of a culture change for us, initially, that propelled us to our current status in the NBA. Don’t take it so personal how rhyno felt. He’s entitled to his bitterness or reluctance about our franchise but he definitely help get us to where we at. We needed players that fit D’Antoni style if okay and he helped us achieved that early in in the process. I wish him nothin but the best of luck in his new journey with the suns

GermanRoxFan, Houtho and hakeem94 like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Look how your hero has fallen!!!

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

look at Ryno of all people trying to fire shots at the organization...maybe if u made shots at home and weren’t such a non-factor in the playoffs things would’ve turned out better

dc rock, amaru and Vivi like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nobody likes Ryan Anderson? :(

GermanRoxFan, amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont you appreciate he is sincere... i surely do prefer this over some polite generic bs

GermanRoxFan and DreamShook like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, he signed up, the team moved on to something else, he didn't fit.....time to move on....nothing wrong with that from any angle.

DD

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kinda embarassing tbh...didn't expect that from him but, whatever, i forgot about him pretty much one year ago. I just hate he costed us Melton, smh...

amaru likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fans seem to think he is taking shots, but nothing he said was untrue. He was paid to do one thing and then the game changed in a year. People acting like this dude didn't make an effort. Anderson came back year 2 lighter and ready to play defense. It worked for almost half the season when other teams relentlessly went at him 1v1, but he still held his own. It was working until it didn't work anymore, then he was cast aside.

MDA didn't even try to get Anderson shots to make him comfortable, he just left him out there to struggle with the same shots he couldn't shoot. While players like EGO (even GG) got his one play in the offense to get him going. 20 mil a year Anderson didn't get that opportunity. Then after being cast aside for months, MDA inexplicably checked Anderson into the most important quarter of the WCF where he preceded to get scorched by Curry...

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ryno went full Dwight on us!

"That small group of players" -- AKA, guys who take the shots they were hired to take and hit a decent % of them.

Translation: "It wasn't MY fault!"

And when you stop doing it, Ryno, you're no longer our guy.

Ryan seems like a great guy in many ways, and sure, he's had personal tragedy to deal with, so I feel for him, and I wish him all the luck in the world in Phoenix. But he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that he was brought in as one type of player, then became a completely different type. It's a common refrain from players to say that MDA tells them to shoot it whenever they feel comfortable, no limitations. Ryno simply stopped feeling comfortable with his shot and became a different player. We didn't need a pass-first PF.

Deuce and TMac'n like this.