1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Rocket_Man_2.0

When Beasley gets hot he can single handedly win you games...I much rather have someone like that on this team then Tyler Ennis! Look what happened when Gordon was injured...Rockets desperately needed another scorer...we had that in Beasley! I want Dekker and Harrell to get more minutes..but my thinking is Beasley takes Brewers minutes! Plenty of examples of Beasley helping the Bucks win...Where are the Tyler Ennis highlights? Bad Trade!

#521 Rocket_Man_2.0, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Remlap likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Notice where Beasley is located

He's consistently in the "bad at everything" quadrant. His defense is bad, his offense is bad......even if he can put up some points in a horribly inefficient manner.

3. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

And as you can tell by the graph pretty much the whole team is bad at everything...

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Rocket_Man_2.0

KJ for Beasley!

5. malakas

malakas Member

You recall wrong. MCW was never available to Morey and the Rockets. The Beasley - Ennis trade was arranged to be completed before the Middleton injury. .
    The Bucks didn't need a scorer they needed a wing at the last minute before the season started.
    That's why they first offered him for McLemore and after that Snell.
    So Morey didn't have any choice on that matter.

6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

TIME TO NECRO THIS THREAD.
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum and DonKnock like this.
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Acts as backup for Ariza

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Was a terrible trade.

No matter what you think of Beasley, and I'm not a big fan, ennis was totally worthless. If Beasley were a free agent right now we'd want to sign him for the minimum again

DonKnock likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Maury botched this one. i can see Beasley contributing in a game or two but Anus was total crap.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That trade did not huertas.

Are you guys saying Morey should have traded him for a different backup PG? Or are you saying he should have stood pat. Remember Bev missed 15 games to start the season. That would have been worse with Brown playing.

inb4 basketballholic says Pierre Jackson

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

12. justtxyank

Ennis was just awful. You don't win the trade if your return is ennis.

13. heypartner

OK. Just wanted to see which posters are saying we should not have made a trade, and which are saying we should have made a better trade. It's not clear.

As I recall, this thread was about keeping Payton II and not trading Beasley. Payton and Brown both are worse. So, imo, Morey was right about need to trade....as Bev indeed got injured, then Gordon.

inb4 Pierre Jackson and Yogi

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Agreed, bad trade, I just don't think his style fits with what the Rockets are doing.

Ennis was a total flop, but it's tough to find solid point guards. I don't mind Morey rolling the dice here. What did we really lose in all of this? Nothing in my opinion.

photojoe and heypartner like this.
  15. justtxyank

I don't have a problem trading Beasley just think ennis is terrible and don't get what morey saw in him.

heypartner likes this.
  16. heypartner

Morey, why you no trade Beasley and Brewer for Lou Williams and Huertas before the season....then we'd still have our 1st round pick.

How's that for backseat GM'ing. Am I getting the hang of it?

inb4: because Magic

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Could have just stuck with Prigioni for the point guard rental.

I think Beasley still is a trade deadline movable piece if he stayed anyway, the same way KJ, Ennis and Brewer were. Not sure he'd be the forward version of Lou Will, he doesnt fit MDA system too well. And Rockets would have same needs with his very movable contract. He'da brought some entertainment sure, but woulda held back minutes from Harrell maybe Dekker.

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  18. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't think anyone is saying we "won" that trade.

If the pieces in a trade are Ennis and Beasley, I don't think either side can say they won that trade.

Regardless- We traded away nothing and we got nothing in return and then we traded that nothing for more nothing to save money. It was inconsequential all the way around. And, to be honest, I consider Beasley a part of last year's team and last year's team is something that I want to erase from my memory and forget it ever happened. We are much better off now and it's time to move on from this deal.

#538 photojoe, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  19. justtxyank

Beasley has given them good minutes. They definitely won the trade. The traded away a scrub that was a net negative on the court and got back an imperfect player that can come in and give a scoring punch. He's been a net positive. It was a total loser trade for us. We got nothing on consequence and then we traded that scrub away for nothing either. Essentially we cut Michael Beasley.

I'm not arguing him as a missing piece, but the idea that he was worth absolutely nothing, which is what we traded him for, is weak sauce.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would have kept Pablo Prigioni.