1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Beasley cant shoot check out his 3 pt shooting he's more of a mid range and paint scorer. Beasley is too slow to play SG he will get crossed over every single play wtf thats like saying have Porzingis be the SG in NYC. Ennis was ok for defense, he defended the opposing pg well and Gordon just carried the offensive load. That was his contribution, unfortunately that wasnt good enough which was why Rox had 0.500 record before Bev arrived. Still, that was way better than what Beasley gave us

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Chalk me up as one of the people who forgot this. Remind me again how this works where "minutes, etc" are negotiated into a contract....and what is "etc."

DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I had typed up a response to that and then just decided to move on.

heypartner likes this.
  4. heypartner

Maybe Magic has a cfnet account. Sounds like something he'd say to prop up his Ennis trade. And Magic probably did have "extra stuff" negotiated into his contracts back in the day...and naively thinks it still happens routinely.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Same here. Beverley was out a while but not forever. Its exactly what Prigs is about. In preseason Prigioni was efficient and even LED the team in 3pt%. It was 98.9% salary reasons and wanting to redeem on trade why Prigs WASNT brought back.

Heypartner makes it like MDA saw struggle in Prigs. Maybe MDA saw it in practice and suggested having another option, but it didnt happen in actual games. That Ennis was FIRST to get cut suggests Ennis didnt outplay Prigs. Now MDA probably didnt see Beasley as a fit, can see THAT possibility actually. Both of them probably moved by midseason anyway.

(Throughout all of this - Bobby Brown LIVES on! Blocking Pablo, Ennis AND D-Mo) :D

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. Raz

Raz Member

Prigioni is actually retired. I guess he kind of knew, that he wouldn't be able to go for a whole NBA season anymore.

heypartner likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

People harping on this like this was Harden trade level fleecing. Like we traded a Lou Will for Brewer type of deal....

Traded one scrub who didn't move the needle much but at least could occasionally do well for another scrub who was traded for cap space/roster room.

La ti da

8. heypartner

Another cool kid in the thread, using Prigs as the cool contrarian option.

Prigs retired in January. He's not a basketball player anymore. He wasn't an option. No team picked him up. He is 39 yrs old.

Literally and figuratively, "Give the man a rest."

DonKnock likes this.
  9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Asik was guaranteed a starting role. Howard got here, he no longer started and became a distraction. Howard was guaranteed touches. Started not getting them and became a distraction. Y'all have been around too long to not know its about more than the money when players are lured here. Beasley didn't have to sign with the Rockets. He came to a winning situation but was most likely guaranteed he would play. I'm not sugarcoating this trade. If he wasn't going to play it made sense to trade him. Fill a need & try to keep players happy THE SAME AS MAGIC. GMs dont negotiate with players, they negotiate with agents who represent multiple players. We all see how powerful an agent can be (Example is MAGIC'S GM/AGENT) who happens to be Harden's agent, who also happens to be Lou's agent. Beasley happened to be traded during a transitioning time for the Rockets where they decided it was time to change their culture & perception of how their players are treated... The SAME AS MAGIC IS DOING NOW.

THE ONLY REASON LOU IS A ROCKET IS BECAUSE MAGIC DID HIM/HIS AGENT A FAVOR. Does Clutchfans appreciate him or not? You should. He did the same thing "Morey the God" did. The Rockets got the better player. The best (coming off the bench) in the league. If that's not good karma I don't know what is. Plus the Rockets didn't have to deal with another pouting player who was told he'd get his minutes.

I don't play NBA 2K but I do know that even on a damn game, keeping players happy & getting playing time you said they'd get is important.

heypartner likes this.
  10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Word of mouth... Keeping players happy is important... Doesnt matter how much cap space you have... Look at what happened with Charles Oakley... Without playing for years he (allegedly?) convinced Lebron and Durant to stay away from the Knicks.

heypartner likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

o_O

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a load of nonsense. D'Antoni was not at all happy to lose Prigs, who could clearly still play If you watched him in the preseason. Same, exact, player.

And I'll take that bet. There is no way in hell Mike asked to keep Ennis/Brown. Not a chance in hell. D'Antoni was devastated to lose prigs, and he is no fan of Bobby Brown.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. justtxyank

He won't even put Bobby Brown in until we are up 35 with 2 minutes left lol.

Prigs looked better than Ennis in preseason for sure, as proven by the fact that the Rockets first inclination was to keep Prigs and cut Ennis. They ultimately backtracked on that after already giving that information to the media.

Prigs wasn't great, but he was better than Ennis.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, and I distinctly remember Mike being super frustrated with the decision. It was 100 percent a salary/value/asset move.

justtxyank likes this.
  15. justtxyank

Exactly. I think they even essentially admitted at the time, though I can't recall. It definitely wasn't a basketball decision.

Anyway, I'm really not trying to argue for Michael Beasley. I don't care that we don't have him, but I think it's silly to pretend it wasn't a wasted trade.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So Harden, Gordon, and Williams have the same agent?

That seems interesting. Also he can't keep working as an agent if he is a GM, right? So those guys will need to find new agents?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.

17. justtxyank

Yes he'll need a new agent, no they don't all have the same agent.

Not sure where this game from that Lou Williams shared an agent with Harden.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was wondering based on BasketballMind's post. Cool, thanks.

19. justtxyank

Didn't mean that as a knock on you, it's been extremely wide spread since the trade. It's been on twitter, here on clutchfans, etc. You are in the majority of people it seems who came to that belief somehow and I'm just wondering what triggered the original idea out there.

20. heypartner

Prigs retired. Was that a salary move on his part?

DonKnock likes this.