1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i see a lot of delusional assumptions here especially with eric gordon. btw hows MCW taking pressure off guys like Butler and wade going in Chicago? yeah not really. he's just not that good of basketball player. he could only wish to be as good as Shaun Livingston. The only similarity bw the two is they are tall pg's. That's it

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

YOLO,

I can see your basketball knowledge is lacking and YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. The reason it's not working in Chicago and the reason why they look good on certain nights and bad on others is, all of their guards rely on the same thing, penetration and shots inside the 3 point line. None of their guards rely on 3 point shooting.

Gordon is a 3 point shooter. However, with the 2nd unit, he has to be a playmaker too. SO, WHAT... I ...AM...SAYING...IS, IF HE DID NOT HAVE TO DO BOTH, IT TAKES PRESSURE OFF OF HIM AND LESS WARE AND TARE ON his body, since he has known to have injuries.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol @ lacking. please dont even try to start with that. judging by this post you're still dreaming and think things work out on the basketball court like you are fantasizing so easily. Even with your ridiculous all caps on it still sounds bad lol

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

YOLO,

This is going to make you SICK! 2017 STATS for Shaun Livingston and MCW

MCW is averaging 8.5 PPG / 4.6 RPG / 2.6 APG
    SL is averaging 5.3 PPG/ 2.0 RPG / 1.7 APG

MOREY MESSED UP

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

it doesn't because I follow mcw enough to know he's just isn't a good player and would fit horribly here. I don't just look at stats and believe it concludes everything because in reality they don't. Doesn't look like you understand that for sure.

So tell us since you apparently are so much more knowledgeable :rolleyes:

How does someone who has a worse jump shot than even rubio, play make for someone like gordon when defenses don't even guard him on the perimeter and shade towards stronger options. You actually think if MCW was here they would just hand him the ball as a "playmaker" and the offense would just flourish 2nd unit or not despite him not being an offensive threat. that's just laughable. Answer this with some valid points then maybe you can be taken seriously. but good luck with that because there isn't much to justify other than probably just playing the worst teams in the league that don't care.

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

Maybe if I gave you a visual example since you can not ascertain it verbally. Go back and look at the Boston Celtics when they had Rondo, KG and Pierce, a PG who couldn't shoot but was surrounded by players who spread the court.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I hate myself.

photojoe, Bo6, malakas and 6 others like this.
  8. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

This trade is looking dumber by the second

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly what i thought, you can't answer because you have no idea. now you have to change your false claims and apply this to Rondo where MCW is not even close to the caliber player he was in Boston. You can say what you want about Rondo now but he made himself a respectable threat in Boston and made himself effective particularly in the paint area and mid range. It is also evident that you fail to realize how much the game has changed and the way it's played these days. But I'll just leave it at that. Continue on and with all caps preferably

DM missed out on MCW the rockets savior guys :rolleyes:

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

What a terrible trade. Easily the most unnecessary trade Morey has ever made.

Bo6 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Ok but why are you assuming MCW was available to us? I don't think they would give us Beasley for MCW, even as bad as MCW is rated.

malakas likes this.
  12. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Oh my how we exaggerate.....You make it seem like Beasley pounds the ball for 15 -20 second every time he gets the ball and the other team is licking their chops at the rest they get when he has the ball. That is definitely over exaggerated. You say its common for 9 points on 7 shots but is it really that common when they do it in only 16.5 minutes a game? Nope? As a matter of fact Beasley is 47th in the league in points per minute and of the people in front of him only 4 are players that come off the bench in Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, Zach Randolph and Mo Speights. All of them except Speights play at least 8 minutes more a game than Beasley.

Show me a game or should I say games that we get the ball exclusively to Harrell or Decker because they have the decisive mismatch in the game? Most of their scoring are hustle points like put backs or Harden lobs or wide open 3s and not just give the ball and go to work moments. No one is taking away the great play of Harrell and Decker because I like what they bring to the table. My original comparison was Beasley and Ennis since they were the two that were involved in the trade. As a scoring option Beasley brought more to the table than Ennis has this year, period. Ennis has provided hardly any value to this team. Beasley was on the team already and we didn't need Ennis. There were a couple of games last year that if it weren't for Beasley we wouldn't have made the playoffs last year and the great thing was that he was consistent throughout the playoffs as well.

And if you take off your Rockets red glasses you will see that we do have a scoring problem as evidenced by the big leads that we give up ala Memphis, ala San Antonio ala so recently against Atlanta. I can name more.....I hear you on the point that we score more than anyone not name Golden St but at times when our 3 isn't falling which happened quite a bit prior to our 4 game winning streak and when we guys like Gordon or Anderson are hurt it sure would be nice to have a shot creator on the floor. In the department of defenders and rebounders that can score and our need for them then that is what Morey should have traded Beasley for and not for Ennis is what I am saying. I am not saying that Beasley is the answer to our problems just that he was a better option than Ennis. I had issue with the trade.

As far as my ignoring his attitude he might have in practice and attitude he might have in locker room is probably is wrong too since I personally don't know what goes on in practice or the locker room but I do attend and watch games on TV to know what he does on the floor. It is possible that he has matured and grown up. Have you heard of any issues since coming back to the NBA?

Bo6 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why are we still talking about this? Beasley is terrible, Ennis is terrible but at least doesn't play. It's a complete non-issue and the Rockets are better off having made this trade.

14. cato13

Not better off because of the trade.but better off than last year since we got EG and Anderson and to a lesser degree Sam Dekkar and Nene.........

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

We need a thread dedicated to two people ******** on each other so the rest of the threads can stay on point... ive seen 3 threads recently with two people just going at each other.

Anyways Beasley ran the PnR so good I would welcome him back, granted hes not coming back. He plays 17 very efficient minutes a game nowadays.That's more than we can say about Ennis but neither of them are that important to their squads. MCW is trash. Granted he actually plays minutes. Of the 3, the only one useful to us would be Beasley. Ennis is young enough to learn the system and MCW is too but MCW doesn't have any touch. Beas is who hes gonna be at this point.

I like Beas, I do, but it's not an issue, they are all 3 C-list at best.

Williamson likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, if not for the trade than Beasley might actually get minutes like Brewer does and that would hurt the team.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Again with the weak stats. I don't care about points per minute. I care about points per shot and how he scores. These are the things that matter when it comes to role players like Beasley. He is ALWAYS pounding the ball, that has been true since he has been an NBA player.

Virtually every single play. Dekker and Harrell are always playing bigger guys, and they always take advantage of it with their quickness. I don't think you know what a mismatch is. I think you think a mismatch is an iso play where the player with the ball scores.

Also, you are again (and I assume this time it's intentional) ignoring that on court offense is not the only factor here. Ennis is a nobody. Beasley is a scorer who gets abused on the other end. I remember this because I watch the games fully, not just the highlights of Beasley's jumper. Almost every time he set foot on the court, he was getting torched. For him to be worth putting on the court, he would have to be unconscious on offense. And he wasn't. He was just good. Dime a dozen. 9 points on 7 shots. Nothing to write home about, even if his method of scoring was the most difficult. And that's the method he chose, which speaks to his basketball IQ.

We do not have a scoring problem. You know how I know that? We have kept leads way more often than we have lost them. Losing a lead 3 times in 50+ games is not a problem, it's not a pattern. It's normal for that many games. We have won 70% of our games and we are a poor defensive team. How do you think that's happening? GM's and coaches and fans are debating each other on how they can get their offense as good as ours. We are offensive monsters. We make teams feel pressure about scoring, because they know we are going to assault them even if we go through little droughts here and there.

Beasley was not a better option than Ennis unfortunately. Chemistry is a big part of why we are winning. We do not have the talent to win 70% of our games, but we are doing it. That's because of James Harden and team work. Beasley is neither James Harden nor team work. He's not really synonymous with a locker room guy who brings about chemistry. He is selfish with the ball. He is a poor defender. We needed a 3rd or 4th string PG for a month. You trade out Beasley and you get Ennis. We killed two birds with one stone. Didn't have to waive anyone, didn't have to sign anyone. I would rather have Ennis frankly. He's a safe 0 for this team.

No but I assume that since he is selfish on offense and a negative on defense and we haven't heard from anyone other than himself that he's changed and he was shipped out despite being on a cheap deal, it is more likely he does still have an attitude problem than not. Maybe @malakas will have some insight for us if there are any stories coming out of Milwaukee.

I just think you should think of it this way: if Beasley doesn't score more efficiently than his average, isn't he a negative or a potential negative in every single other facet of the game? Rebounding, defense, passing, practice, locker room. You're also still ignoring how much time this has opened up for Dekker and Harrell in the rotation, which is more valuable than Beasley scoring 9 points on 7 shots. Was he really going to have us winning more than 70% of our games? lol Come on man. Some players just don't know how to win. Beasley is one of them. He doesn't understand all the requirements of winning basketball. The 1 month of Ennis did us more good and was a better risk than having Beasley taking up minutes here imo.

YOLO likes this.
  18. cato13

That would be great then because at least he can score.... He is shooting 53% from the field this year and shot above 50 percent for us last year in regular season and playoffs. Unlike Brewer he can at least put it in the basket... Not sure how he would hurt the team....

19. cato13

Oh man you never bring points to hammer your arguments you basically say your argument is true because you say it is. I at least bring stats to back my points. 9 points on 7 shots is great if he making almost 4 out of 7 shots. That's efficient and no way to say it isn't. Beasley role for this team in only 16 minutes a game was to score. It is much easier to make an impact by scoring in such little time than it is to change the game by defense and rebounding. Why do you think they brought him on last year for his defense? Nope it was for his offense and did that well and he did efficiently. Name me someone outside of Harden that did it better for our team last year and he did it in the last 20 games. He was 2nd on the team with a PER(player efficiency rating) of 22 which was only 3 points behind Harden who led the team. What do you mean he wasn't efficient? That is epitome of effiency. I think you are just hating now because stats don't lie. If Beasley were on this team this year he would learn how to win because we have a better team with the additions of EG, Dekkar and Anderson and Nene and we would still be wiining 70% of our games. I will give you the argument that his playing would have limited Dekkar's play but what we still need is another creator.

We do have a scoring problem and we have not kept leads more often than not against the teams we need to if we expect to do anything in the playoffs. Go and check how we have done against the top 6 six teams in each conference and that will tell you the story of what I am trying to convey. We are 5-6 against the Western conference and 4-5 against the Eastern conference/ Those teams are potential matchups we have to play to make noise in playoffs where it really counts..not scoring against the creme puffs of the league....Your statement isn't true now is it? We are less than .500 against the top seeded playoff teams today....

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What do Ennis, MCW and Beasley all have in common?

None of them are good enough to crack our current rotation.