1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offer Barry 2 year contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So... why hasn't he announced yet? I'm sure the Yao injury ended our chances with Barry, but put us out of our (additional) misery already, Brent!

2. magman

magman Member

Does Yao take a roster spot even if he is out for the season? Is there a type of IR or DL in basketball?

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Yao still counts. the "inactive list" is part of the 15 man roster.

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

It's over. In his article on us not making the playoffs, brother Jon mentioned the 3 other suitors, not Houston.

Houston wants to sign my brother Brent Barry, recently cut loose from Seattle. Where will he end up? I talk to him every day, and he's more confused now than he was two days ago. One day it's Boston, another it's Phoenix, another it's back to San Antonio. We'll see.

5. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

6. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Who cares....We dont need Fairy anyway...The Rockets are still going to suprise the Hell out of a bunch of people.

7. Robert

Robert Contributing Member

Brent Barry is not an option. What are the chances Bobby Jones is signed for the rest of the season?

#587 Robert, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  8. clutch citizen

9. Robert

Robert Contributing Member

I screwed up and changed my post after I remembered Bobby and before you replied.

I'm out of practice. My mistake.

10. clutch citizen

No harm. Bobby Jones for the rest of the year? that's a good question. I'd assume that Morey is looking for a decent big guy first. If he can't find one, then I think he'd sign Jones based on his performance in practices and games

11. Coogie3

Coogie3 Member

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere already, but just in case:

Brent Barry, targeted by the Rockets since his release by the Seattle SuperSonics last week, on Wednesday told coach Rick Adelman and GM Daryl Morey that he has narrowed his choice to the Suns and returning to the Spurs. -- Houston Chronicle

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Maybe we can sign Oakley out of retirement again to put some toughness and kick some ass in the paint?

13. Coogie3

Coogie3 Member

Chris Andersen, the 6-foot-10 former Hornet? I believe his suspension is close to being over.

Athletic big man...would add size and athleticism.

14. Lar

Lar Contributing Member