1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offer Barry 2 year contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

We'll he is from California, a surfer, and would probably look to live in California after retirement.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I could see in that article was that he did not choose the Suns......

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The "???" reminds me of Pepsi commercial where Romo (die) gets the playcall from the offensive coordinator and it comes of as a yawn.

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Today we heard it was

Rockets
    Suns
    Spurs

Mavs and Celtics were out

if we belive that it is down to Houston and San Antonio right?

5. kwng

kwng Member

Well, the moment I heard about the trade for Kurt and the waiving of Brent, it would be quite obvious, SAS has a deal with Seattle. I am always suspicious when a team trade a player then wanted that player back. What's the point of trading?

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Hell NO ! Do not bring in this guy.

7. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Just read further down...it is towards the end of the article...It says that he has made his decision and that he didn't choose...

8. yobod

yobod Member

What in the hell is that about?? Is that like a template they made just in case he doesn't choose PHX, and it accidentally got posted on the website? This whole situation is starting to anger me. Brent Barry is not the freaking second-coming....he's gonna be a role player on whatever team signs him. Just sign back with the Spurs, and get it over with, you attention w****.

9. LFE171

LFE171 Member

shuttup yobod. you know you want BB just as badly as the others. He can shoot 3's, big, AND can handle the ball. all the things luther head does, he can do but BETTER. ;)

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Brent Barry is UNDECIDED!

11. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Well that is nice to hear!

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I think Barry is trying to enjoy some courtships and then he will go back to the Spurs. I dont see how Barry can hold grudge against the Spurs while he gets fully paid, has his freedom, and will get pay more by rejoining the same team to defend his title.

13. playlife

playlife Member

^^ yea his timetable is another 25 days :(

14. francisfan4l1f3

Boooo make a decision already hell!! The longer we wait the more disappointed we will be if he doesnt choose us.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think that means he'll go back to San Antonio. They are just making it seem like he's still thinking about it in order to avoid the collusion argument being made.

16. texanskan

Makes sense now, Barry told teams involved including the Rockets he needs more time so we sign random scrub to a ten day contract and Barry's offer is still on the table so bottomline we get him great if not we get to look at a guy for the next week and a half

17. texanskan

no reason to do that it's not against any rules

he just has to keep his mouth shut until there is a final nba aproved deal

his deal has gone through and he has been waived he can say today he is going back to San Antonio and nothing can be done to stop it

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Yea. Making it seem like other teams have a chance.

On the surface, that doesn't seem like the Spurs' style - Pop and R.C. (and lindsey as we know) seem like the type of exects that play it clean. But to have it so negotiated before the trade, then to have Brent Barry play along seems so dirty.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

Well, San Antonio wants to aviod the question even being brought up that they might have included Barry in the deal knowing beforehand that he would be bought out and that he would sign with the Spurs.

20. yobod

yobod Member

I DO want him....but even I have my limits. And that's not saying much.....haha