1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm sorry to say, Wyatt is not an NBA player. There have been plenty of examples of guys in the NCAA overcoming all odds and winning with brains over brawns, but in the NBA you raise the bar on the minimum level of athleticism permissible. He doesn't have it.

He'll be another in a long line of March Madness legends--in the mold of Khaled El-Amin, Bryce Drew, Salim Stoudemire, Acie Law, Ali Faroukhmanesh, hell, Jon Scheyer--who have all the heart in the world but just won't make the cut at the final stage.

2. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

NBADraft.net updated their Mock this AM.

They now have us taking Erick Green.

If we'd consider Erick Green, we'd BETTER also be considering Mark Lyons. Lyons would embarrass Erick Green on the court.

3. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

Notable recent players drafted at #34:

Carlos Boozer
    Mario Chalmers

We CAN find a good player here who'll contribute. I surely don't want us to waste it on some Euro dude whose name I won't be able to pronounce....

Ricky Ledo would be my pick here. If not available, I'd go with Mark Lyons, Carrick Felix or Khalif Wyatt.

It's funny...99.9% of me is saying that Wyatt and Lyons will not be successful in the NBA due to their only okay athleticism and lack of ideal height. IDK...I suppose I like taking chances on guys like this. I'm a sucker for the 'zero to hero' stories.

4. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

I keep forgetting about Vander Blue.

Here's the deal. If Lyons, Wyatt, Blue and Brandon Paul all go undrafted....sign them all and see which one sticks.

5. Big Red Machine

Again, he's not really going to get to develop as a 3rd string point guard, just like Machado didn't. He'll get to play in the D-League, and that's good, but that only helps you so much before you need to be getting regular, consistent minutes at the NBA level and I don't think those will really be there for him with Lin and Beverley on the roster.

There will be an abundance of wing players and 2 guards at #34. Those players will actually get some time with Delfino and Garcia (and probably James Anderson) moving out to clear cap space. Smarter pick.

6. Big Red Machine

I think the BPA will be a wing or combo guard.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Isn't now mean we are seeking for small-forward in draft/or FA?

8. Rocket Booster

This post pretty much proved you have next to zero basketball knowledge. Acie Law is an absolutely superior player by leaps and bounds to every other name you listed there.

Not sure what the hell you are talking about, but it really shows you have ZERO grasp of how to properly judge talent.

Jon Scheyer.................yeah OK.

:rolleyes:

9. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I don't know much about those players, but I could not be disappointed if we drafted Archie Goodwin. My wife and I smiled every time we heard his name mentioned on t.v.

Rex Stout, Nero Wolfe, anybody?

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I hope we can get another 2nd round pick later in the draft and get Christian Watford. I don't know why he's so undervalued in this draft, he has size at 6'9 and is a good scorer along with solid athleticism. Maybe he'll go undrafted and we can sign him that way.

11. basketballholic

Not a good enough shooter unfortunately.

12. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

13. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

14. freshstart

freshstart Member

Bullock
    Crabbe
    Green
    Muscala
    Roberson

:)

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

Any1 for Livio Jean-Charles or Robert Covington? I'm pretty high on both now.

16. Big Red Machine

17. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

We need a backup 2 gunner. I'm more excited than I would have thought and have much faith that A) this player will be someone we have never heard of and B) he will have a coin-toss of a chance to be what we need. How can you not be excited about that?

18. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Lmao, do you think I am blind? Was simply responding to Nook's comment. Of course I know he's predicted to return to the Ohio State and not declare the draft this year.

19. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

Sounds to me like we ought to draft Devin Gibson.

20. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

:grin:, I feel the sarcasm; not saying we should draft him - He's currently in Germany. Was actually on the Spurs roster and got cut about a year ago.