1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fan details: how to beat harden and the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mike2k132, Apr 15, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly see ur smart. I think that strategy would of work last year since we didnt have that many ball handlers past cp3 n harden n sometimes Gordon(when he isnt bouncing the ball off his foot) n that why I like us more then last year. Having other guys that can play make(austin,house,harden,cp3,gordon) makes us really hard to beat

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Disrupting our flow is a good point.

I think despite ppl thinking we are clutch, we might not be as clutch this year as a team.

At least outside of Harden and Chris, not many players have made that many clutch shots.

Probably making a decisive run in the fourth would be a good way to start.

Numerous teams have come back in the 3rd and in the 4th to turn the game.

3. TannerAdams

TannerAdams Member

OP is KD's burner account

Tfor3 and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  4. TannerAdams

TannerAdams Member

Gordon clutch

mike2k132 likes this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol I wish. I could use all that money

6. TannerAdams

TannerAdams Member

Your best bet is making a r/nba thread about every fans thoughts on how to stop James. Its not like theyre going to be correct, but you'll get non biased analysis compared to here.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ima rockets fan tho. I wanna hear from the people that go n watch the games everyday like me. We can be none bias n still be rockets fans. It's not a either or. Like I'm literally on this site everyday...I check it like people check thier Facebook or something. I dont wanna do a reddit. When it took me years of just stalking this forum to finally create a profile.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Bigly.

9. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

I think it's a timing thing...bad juju, etc. Not a bad discussion for offseason as others have said. But my answer is, I would pray he didn't show up...cuz he is on another level this year! Cheers

Deckard and daywalker02 like this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I had a long post to detail where I think the Rockets could be exploited but decided to wait until offseason. By then, you'll have plenty analysis from a lot of jaded Rockets fan especially if the Rockets fall short. You'll get your analysis then. No need to jump the gun though or potentially giving opposing team personnel any ammunition to use against our beloved Rockets. :p

Rustyrig and daywalker02 like this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Absolutely you did.
    Dont have time but it was at the begining of the year "When LeBron and the Lakers are more of a contender" or something of the sort.

Remember you where even calling 790 prophesying your admiration.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

The only way:

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nice try. I told 790 that he would get a second starvn that pairing wouldngive golden state a run...no where in the 790 call I said they would be better then the rockets or the warriors. N fact I just won a 100 dollar bet against my brother were he said they would be a top 3 team team in the west that i disagree with in said at best they would be they 4th seed. So how would that make them.being better then rockets...n of course you wont find where I said the Lakers would be better then the rockets cause I never typed that lol. If u find it I'll give u 100 bucks bro.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Stand on Harden's left, almost behind him, at the top of the key, and read the name on the back of his jersey as he drives directly to the rim.

Streets 01 likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's my pet pev when someone try's to call you out and half remembers things lmao

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Then on top of that I searched my name and Lakers n look for a good 30mins. So I'll save u the trouble I never said that.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, but you still let Austin and House beat you before CP, Harden and EGo.

Key is to disrupt the link between the perimeter guys and Capela, Faried.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The way to guard Harden is to let him shoot his step backs. I'm actually serious. Those aren't at all consistent, you might bait him into just bricking the entire night.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

The biggest threat to the Rox are themselves. Their playstyle can't really be solved or defended by anyone but the problem is their playstyle also leads to erratic scoring nights. Rox can break records one night and then miss all their 3 pointers the next.

The only way I can see anyone can beat the team is wear them out. Rox are the oldest team in the league and they can run out of gas quickly esp Cp3, EG and of course Harden since all his step backs take a lot of energy. Since the Rox over rely on 3s when they have no legs all their shots miss and they fold like a house of cards.

Maybe its a blessing they are facing GSW in the 2nd round. GSW will sweep every other opponent so they will get all the rest whereas Rox would have a dogfight with anyone in the 2nd round esp if it was OKC.

At least this way both team demolish their opponents and face each other at relatively full strength.

20. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

OP is from Utah?

PeterKingX likes this.