1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fan details: how to beat harden and the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mike2k132, Apr 15, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I dont think this works cause I tell people all the team rockets 3s arent predicated on the 3 point fg percentage, it's actually just based on just volume. Harden n the rockets would be happy if harden went 6 from 18 from 3. Simple because they leverage that against having just more possessions then u on offense...like game one again the jazz. I think jazz coach said we had like 20 more possessions then they had. So that gives us the leeway to have a worst 3 point percentage

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope born n raise in Houston. Only time I left was for the military. I bleed htown. Especially the rockets who I love more then just about every other then my family

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm on the other side of that. My brother hates that we Jack up 3s sometimes when they ain't falling...but o really have embrace the 3 point or at rim strategy hardcore. Its just matches my personal beliefs that hey if u have a style stick with it good or bad...because the number bare out that for the most part since we have done this with harden n cp3 we are virtually unbeatable. N that it work last year. I mean if ur second best player hoes down does any team really expect to win. I feel the way has been vindicated to because more n more teams play like the rockets none. 3s can turn a bad toe to a good team(nets) a good team to a great team(bucks)..I honestly feel like that's the reason u see teams lose to bad teams. 3 point shot if its falling can bet any team even if they have more talent then you. Watch every team is gonna play this way. I'm surprised it's taking this long

4. Handles

Handles Member

Cross your fingers and pray that we're having a cold shooting night.

5. farhen

farhen Member

STOP IT.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I like the intellectual exercise with threads like these. It's awfully arrogant of us to think we possibly could find something that trained professionals, people who do nothing each day but think about professional basketball strategies, who have databases filled to the rafters with observations and correlations, something these coaches and scouts somehow missed.

We're not teaching Utah or Golden State anything they don't already know. They know what they need to do; they're just not good enough in Utah's case to do it.

mike2k132 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would backcourt press the Rockets and make Harden or Paul lose time getting it across, then double the ball handler until they get closer to the 3 point line. At that point you play him straight up. Let him shoot contested step back 3's but play him physically with the body especially when the team isn't in the bonus.

Harden can get flustered when he played physically and the refs don't call it.

mike2k132 likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep that's what I suggested too. That's really ur only reasonable strategy. U can tire harden out since he dominants the ball so much.

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ur a smart fan

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude after you say you like the intellectual exercise, you gotta do it!

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, OP getting roasted in his own thread

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Remember the time you were trying to figure out all the ways you could blow your legs to pieces??

No?

Me neither.

Get professional help if you were.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. seeingred

seeingred Member

After that ass stomping, the Jazz need to be surfing Rockets fan forums, reading fortune cookies, asking Magic 8 balls.

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

First, I'd put Favors on Harden and ask him to guard him for 94 feet.
    Next, I'd ask all the other defenders to sag 15 feet off of the Rockets shooters.
    Third, foul the Rockets after they shoot and send them to the FT line.
    Fourth, when Harden beats Favors before getting to halfcourt, send everyone to pick up Harden.. especially whoever has Capela.
    Fifth, leave Capela alone by the basket.
    Sixth, when Harden sits, make all the players shoot granny shots for the Jazz offense.

Game. Set. Match. Victory. #Guaranteed.

15. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

30 other NBA coaches with full coaching staffs at their disposal. One off ball screen in the backcourt and your defense would be ruined. Takes energy to beat full court pressure but take more to apply it. And Ricky Rubio ain’t picking up Harden full court. Sorry.

Make him play defense falls right into the Rockets hands. We want Rubio taking 20 shots.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I recall @balllscientist1 or whatever was a spy plant last season

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wouldnt you just have Royce o'neal do it.