1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller Testimony Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by khanhdum, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

" Ohh I love their military parades. Have you seen them? I want to do that here. Can you imagine with our weapons? Ohhh it would be wonderful."

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

'it' refers to the investigation against Trump. Not the investigation into the spying.

impeachment was never on the table. ever. The stuff you hear now is simply about trying to soothe the egos of the nutjobs who believed this garbage. Trying to make you and others feel like you weren't totally misled and lied to by your media and the Dems.

There is no cloud hanging over trump. At least not in regards to the subject of the investigation. A cloud hangs over those who pushed the hoax. I agree that stink wont go away.

BruceAndre likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@tallanvor, @BruceAndre, and @cml750 do not care that Trump praised and touted information from a hostile foreign power. They do not care that Trump's campaign sought information from our nation's adversary Russia, and also handed over information to the Russian state officials. They don't care that Trump and his campaign lied about it. To them, that isn't important even though there is evidence showing all of that happened. To them, it is, if not admirable, completely okay to work with hostile foreign governments to win petty battles against an American political party.

It is the opposite of country before party.

But we see that is where we are.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Mueller isn't an old feeble man. He did exactly what he said he would do.... he didn't deviate from his report. It is funny seeing all these blowhards come out and label him as old and feeble because he did his job.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Lindsey Graham appears to have been a bit shocked by Robert Mueller's inept performance yesterday. Prior to those hearings, Graham had stated he had no interest in interviewing Mueller.

But after Mueller pretty clearly demonstrated that he was at best a figurehead for this investigation - despite being selected as the "Special Counsel" by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosentein - Graham is now planning to have the Senate Judiciary Committee "dig in" to determine whether Mueller fulfilled the responsibilities of his role. Or if these responsibilities were handled by others, who were they, why and how did this happen?

Graham: “We’ll dig in” to determine Mueller’s role in the special-counsel probe

Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill that the GOP-controlled Senate would continue efforts alongside Attorney General William Barr to investigate whether the probe into the Trump campaign was begun improperly.

“Yeah, I talked to him last night, we talked about…I told him I’ll try to find out how all this mess started, and went so long,” Graham said, apparently referring to President Trump.

“It’s clear to me that Bob Mueller was pretty much a figurehead of the investigation,” Graham added. “We’ll dig in and find what happened.”​

Lindsey Graham also stated on Hannity last night, “I had more to do with the Mueller report, than probably he did.”

So that certainly raises concerns.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think lindsey graham probably was closer to russia scandal than Mueller...

Is Russian Money Behind Graham's Growing Defense of Trump?
    https://investigaterussia.org/media/2018-09-11/russian-money-behind-grahams-growing-defense-trump

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

From what I understand, Russia may have meddled, but what it is unclear is how much Trump campaign had to do with (nothing from what I am hearing); and also whether in fact the Clinton campaign may have also been engaged in some kind of shenanigans.

From what I can tell, no "smoking gun" has been tied to Trump administration/campaign with regard to any "meddling."

If there had been, then yes I would care about that.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not that isn't unclear. It is detailed with sworn statements, emails, corroborated sworn testimony, in Mueller's report. It is also clear and has been proven with abundant evidence that the Russians interceded with the intent of helping Trump. It is also clear from tweets, and statements about Trump's praise and enthusiasm for a hostile foreign intel agency.

That was spelled out in Mueller's testimony yesterday.

It is not unclear at all unless you just refuse to look.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Look at the Trump supporters derision of Mueller's testimony yesterday. They correctly pointed out that it was slow, boring, not exciting, he had to refer back to the report ( I would argue he was doing it to make sure that it wasn't being misrepresented in relation to the various questions being asked and that he was adhering to the guidelines laid out for him to follow).

In other words, the criticisms against his testimony are all purely superficial. It wasn't good television. Almost none of it is about the substance of the testimony or Mueller's report. The reason is that the actual substance of what he was reporting is damning to Trump and exposes him as having obstructed justice and welcomed hostile foreign intel agencies to meddle in our democracy. He sought and welcomed information from the Russians.

So the criticisms will all be about the superficial things and almost none of them will be about actual substance.

The Democrats were and are stupid.

They had all the evidence they needed once the report was filed. They would have done a better job of framing the report along with the points they wanted to make without pulling Mueller up there. There was no need for that. It looked horrible and ended up being a distraction.

But the Democrats are too scared to act. They wanted Mueller to give them permission to proceed with Impeachment. They will never get that and the should have known that Mueller won't tell them how to do their job. He gave them everything they needed to proceed. They just wouldn't use it. All they had to do was present the three criteria from the crime of Obstruction of Justice and project Mueller's report of the multiple cases that meet each of the requirements.

But the Democrats were afraid to look like they were responsible for doing it and so wanted Mueller to tell them and the nation that it should be done so they would be off the hook when and if there was a negative opinion about the move. The Democrats were scared to act for fear of bad polling.

That is disgusting. It plays bad, and Mueller overshadowed his own stellar evidence with his poor performance.

BigDog63 likes this.
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No, it is over.

mick fry and cml750 like this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

#Winning

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Have they indicted anyone, coming out of this investigation? I ask sincerely. Dunno if the Manafort thing was part of this.

I look at results. I'm not seeing much from this Mueller investigation. And that dude embarrassed himself yesterday.

cml750 likes this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

They have not indicted anyone with anything close to conspiracy / collusion with Russia. They were all either process crimes or crimes committed prior to the election. @FranchiseBlade and @dobro1229 have been so wrapped up in their little echo chambers that they have missed this little fact. They cried for two years about collusion and when that was shot down they cry obstruction without bothering to notice Trump was not and will never be charged with obstruction and will not impeached. They have been dead wrong from the beginning so I do not expect them to accept the truth now. They got wrapped up in this manufactured event and the echo chamber pushing non-stop 24/7. They have so much emotion invested in the sham they may never accept reality even when the truth starts coming out about the investigation origins as the investigation into the one sure fire scandal in this entire fiasco becomes public knowledge. They will still be wondering what happened when Trump is easily re-elected next year and probably blaming the Russians again.

BruceAndre and mick fry like this.
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Fox News averaged 4.3 million viewers from 8-11 p.m. ET, compared to 2.3 million for MSNBC and 1.2 million for CNN. Fox News also dominated among the demo, averaging 724,000 viewers between the ages of 25-54, compared to 418,000 for MSNBC and 382,000 for the struggling CNN.
    “Hannity” was the most-watched cable news show among total viewers, while “Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished atop the demo.

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Thanks, that's what I thought.