1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller Testimony Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by khanhdum, Jul 23, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Not sure how the Dems can even remotely call this a victory.

cml750 likes this.
  2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

He *looked and sounded* very feeble in the testimony. Even Democrats are admitting this.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Fusion GPS? Who dat?

cml750 likes this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Right. That was brutal, and very damning.

mick fry likes this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Trump never had anything to do with it. The entire investigation was trumped up. Dems knew it would play well in the election, and they also knew that with Trump's normal business dealings with Russia, and some of his statements about Putin, they'd be able to run with it. So they did. This was artificially contrived specifically for political purposes. Now Dems are stuck with it, and I don't know if a) they don't want to get off of it, or b) they just can't figure out how to do so. So, they just keep plugging along on the same path.

I really don't understand what they thought they'd get out of the Mueller testimony. Everything they might have wanted was already there. I tend to agree with FranchiseBlade that they were looking for something coming out of it that would get them off the hook for pushing for impeachment...but that was unlikely to happen. Given that Mueller wasn't really going to add to anything that was in the report, but Republicans would have all sorts of things they could question him on around the process, etc....this was at best a highly risky strategy, at worst doomed to failure. They got some sound bites they can churn away with...but nothing that added anything of any actual substance.

Worse, I saw poll results showing that while quite a few Democrats were going to watch the hearings, substantially less Republicans were, but most telling, almost no independents were interested in even watching (think it was like 2%). Independents determine elections...if I were a Democrat, this data would scare me, given their emphasis on this.

I didn't watch (work, but not sure how much I would have watched anyway), but from what I've heard and seen from clips about it...I feel kinda bad for Mueller. I've heard others also say it made them sad. He came off looking...bad. I didn't like what he was doing, but tended to respect him. I think he got cajoled into even having this hearing, and the main one who suffered from that will be him. That will only get worse as the various investigations into the whole process unroll.

The good news coming out of that, IMHO, is that future investigations like this are unlikely to occur, and I suspect more scrutiny will be given to any that are...and the people will hopefully be more aware of how much of a roll politics plays in these things...not just in how they are spun, but even in creating the impetus for them to start with.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

My dad, like mueller, was born in 1944. I feel bad that he had to go through that yesterday. That is a long day for someone that age.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Dem are afraid to do the right thing. The Rep have no fear doing the wrong thing.

Part of that is failure of the Dem, but it’s also because of who are republicans and who are democrat and where the nation as a whole is at.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Great post.

[​IMG]

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, there have been indictments related to this. There have been more than a dozen related specifically to the Russian interference into the election.

That being said, lack of criminal conspiracy doesn't change the fact that Trump and his campaign sought and welcomed help from the Russians, praised and used information from a hostile foreign intel service, gave the Russians information, lied about it to cover it up. Whether or not that was criminal or not, the problem is that you guys are not only okay with that, you are happy to support it happening again.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually, there have been more than a dozen indictments from this investigation that are only related to the Russian interference angle. So that isn't a little fact. You are just wrong.

But whether or not people were indicted, it doesn't change the facts.

These are facts established and verified with supporting evidence.

1. Trump worked with and used information from a hostile foreign intelligence agency.
    2. Trump's campaign welcomed and sought information from Russian state actors.
    3. Trump's campaign gave information concerning United States voters to Russian officials.
    4. Trump lied to cover up these facts.
    5. Trump has said he would do it again.
    6. Trump committed obstruction of Justice in order to prevent an investigation into these events.
    7. Trump has lied about the conclusion and evidence of that investigation.

You can yell and celebrate because Trump and his kids weren't indicted, but those facts are what you are celebrating.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You thought wrong.

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Heh.
    [​IMG]

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Great pic. Has nothing to do with the fact that more than a dozen people were indicted relating to the Russian interference part of the investigation and yet you thought none were.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Talk about a mouse fart.

BruceAndre likes this.
  15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Isn't it sad you prop up photoshopped 70+ year old geriatric images that cucky people love to post on geriatric Facebook feeds? I can't tell if you're a 15 year old 4channer that frequents /pol/ or you're a 50+ year old has been that clings to cucky Trump. Either way it's pathetic.

adoo likes this.
  16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Our embarrassment in chief would rather troll liberals for the LULZ than be the leader of the free world. Cucky Trump bends over to dictators like it's a Russian pee orgy.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

You may want to reread my post, I said absolutely nothing about Russian interference. I said there were no indictments for conspiracy / collusion which is 100% fact you cannot argue. As for the interference, yes it happened and nobody has argued it did not happen but there is absolutely zero evidence that even a single vote was effected by it. Foreign government interference in other elections is quite common with the good old USA participating in it as well. As for the rest of it you are free to live in the fantasy world where Trump colluded with Russia till the day you die for all I care. You have been wrong from the start and will continue to be wrong until you come to your senses.

mick fry and BruceAndre like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It isn't quite common to interfere in elections the way it happened here in 2016. At least prior to that, it wasn't and the USA has rarely done anything like that. It has happened but not recently.

What I listed is not fantasy.

I'm going to give you a shortlist. All of these things have actually happened. It isn't speculation or guessing. None of it is a fantasy.

I notice you haven't commented on any of these specifics. So I'll ask you what you think of this. If you aren't going to answer, and comment on it, then I will presume you approve of it since you haven't denounced any of it and have celebrated Trump's not being held accountable for this.

1. Trump worked with and used information from a hostile foreign intelligence agency. - This is not a fantasy. Do you approve of this action?
    2. Trump's campaign welcomed and sought information from Russian state actors. - This is not a fantasy. Do you approve of this action?
    3. Trump's campaign gave information concerning United States voters to Russian officials. - This is not a fantasy. Do you approve of this action?
    4. Trump lied to cover up these facts. - This is not a fantasy. Do you approve of this action?
    5. Trump has said he would do it again. - This is not a fantasy. Do you approve of this action?
    6. Trump committed obstruction of Justice in order to prevent an investigation into these events. - This is not a fantasy. Do you approve of this action?
    7. Trump has lied about the conclusion and evidence of that investigation. - This is not a fantasy. Do you approve of this action?

If you do approve of these things then just admit it.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It’s almost like they don’t even listen to anything we say and just create a narrative that we are driving a vast left wing conspiracy theory to match their own so they feel like they are sane.

The facts are in the report and the facts are damning. That’s the point. We don’t have to go any further than that.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.