1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember when Peyton Manning coming to the Texans last year was a real possibility...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bmd, Sep 22, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

schaub fact 12: Payton Manning has a losing record in the playoffs and Schaub doesn't.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Member!!

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Give me Eli.

More rings.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Remember when Peyton Manning coming to the Texans last year was a real possibility...(This thread)

Peyton chose us and we turned him down

Texans 'one of 6 teams alive in Peyton chase'

Would you go after Peyton Manning?(with public poll) (Long thread)

Manning interested in Texans(Longest thread)

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

1 person likes this.
  6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i was wrong about Peyton and have said as much but this "I know someone who knows someone who said Peyton is willing to come to the Texans" doesn't sound like a very credible source. And of course the Texans would interest him, as long as he was paid handsomely. whether the money would have worked i don't know since i'm have no idea how the cap works.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

i'm with you, because i'm have no idea how the cap works, either, macalu :confused:

:p

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

Jesus, this thread is epic. It's a Donny Most and Hey Now's greatest hits thread (Sorry Hey Now, I do actually respect you). Such a great great read. I've never seen so much "wrong" in one thread. Happy to be the catalyst on the correct side.

I will say, I amazingly ate crow hardcore at one point:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6641091&postcount=231

May as well show the one post of me eating crow rather than brag about the 90 posts in that thread that I was right about. :p

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

just go to the JJ Watt draft thread for some delicious crow.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

God, I'm not sure my smile can get any wider reading that thread- it just gets better and better. I encourage everybody to read it, although there are several of you in this current thread who probably don't want to face that music. It's incredible. Me vs. like 80 posters calling me an idiot. And everything that I said was right. And everything that they said was wrong. Feels good to stand up for yourself when you know your right and not let the masses do your thinking for you.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

here was another...not sure what you consider credible sources. i can't find any archie or cooper quotes if that's what you were looking for:

"UGGGGGG Chris Mortensen just said on NFL 32 if the Texans wanted Manning it would be game over he's a Texan."

12. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Exactly. This is a strange thread. Matt Schaub has some crap games and suddenly this means back in 2011 Peyton was going to volunteer to play for us for free? I don't remember that happening. Beyond that, who thinks a healthy Peyton Manning being a better QB than Matt Schaub is a revelation? Losing makes people crazy I guess.

13. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I don't know if I should respect your fandom at laugh at your blind loyalty: you guys who flip out anytime someone criticizes schaub

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Okay Mr Tupac Me Against the World, good prognostication. You get a bubble gum smelly sticker

But boosting it up as a must-read NY Times Best Seller, or documentary of posting excellence, might be a bit much. We can take your word for it that you got one right.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

[​IMG]

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Watch in the middle of the year, Manning breaks his neck or something.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Are we just ignoring the fact that we in no way could have afforded Manning, especially without mortgaging our future (no Watt, no Cushing), just to prove that some people were right about him returning to form?

(Won't re-read all that crap. Was against going after Manning because of said reasons. Was for JJ Watt being drafted, although I thought we could have gotten him later, even though hindsight seems to be wrong. Was for drafting Mario Williams. Was a Kareem Jackson supporter starting in his second year.)

Are we done playing pissing matches and armchair GMs in a league that its impossible to honestly do so?

18. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

did you know that mannings injury concerns before signing him had nothing to do with his neck, it was about nerve regeneration and arm strength.. his neck was stronger than it was before injury.. everytime someone brought up a concern about his neck, they weren't paying attention..

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

All I know is Von Miller (a JJ Watt-type as a player) hasn't played a down this season and Manning is 3-0.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure they were concerned about nerve damage in his neck. With that, comes the loss of arm strength...