1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I think it's about time. I love our players, but this can't continue. This experiment didn't work out and it's time to get over Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. They both come off the books in 2010. Let them both go and let Daryl Morey create his team. He's done wonders creating a team around Carroll Dawson's main players; now it's time for him to find players to build around.

I know Yao is a money cow, but this organization isn't going anywhere as long as he is our main player.

2. torontosky1018

I wish Yao move east to play with LBJ.

3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Sadly I have to agree. Yao is clearly the Greatest center in the Nba as of right now but the disappointing thing is that he cant remain healthy for 82 game season + playoffs run. Tracy Mcgrady also on the other hand when healthy is clearly top 10 in the league and prolific offensive weapon for the Rockets but this guy can't really maintain his health for 82 game season either. The Rockets organization definitely has a lot to ponder about for the off season.

4. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

we already have a core of young players see what happens next year since they expire year after next anyway

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There's the door. Stop posting around here. We're Rockets fans.

6. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

i agree with this thread.

7. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

You must be crazy to want to do that. I agree with you on trading T-Mac but we cant trade Yao get him a back up center that hopefully Rick will finaly play and the chances of him getting injured are going to go down... This team is primed to win a championship NOW and Yao is the center piece of the team we cant break that up.

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I sure am glad to have Morey is our GM right about now. Whatever his decisions will be, they are likely to be right.

Hopefully Les Alexander won't get in the way.

9. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

How can you rely on a player that's had season ending injuries the past few years to build around?

Not to mention he is too immobile to be an offensive centerpiece. Don't get me wrong, I love Yao. He is the best offensive center in the league but we can no longer get our hopes up and dream about championships when our franchise player is almost certain to have a season ending injury.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

I hope you go with him.

Get out...

11. felix

felix Member

If that happens, I hope Yao could be traded to play with LBJ.

12. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

its sad we only had 05 with these two guys healthy all year, but unfortunately, no real bench. it just never worked out, its so sad

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Rebuild around who? The lottery pick the Rockets don't have or the superstar player that isn't coming to Houston?

This team made a huge leap this year (and it isn't done yet) without it's star SG. Yao was healthy up until last night. It was a good year. Next year will be better.

Let's worry about tomorrow's game right now.

14. aragorn

aragorn Member

yao and ilgauskas?

the most unathletic center combo.........

15. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

We still have one more year to see if T-Mac and Yao works out. All I'm saying is that it would be foolish to keep either of them after 2010.

When I say rebuild it could mean in a variety of ways. Get a high draft pick. Acquire a budding superstar or another established player. Just let Morey work his magic.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I agree with this assessment. Les may or may not have blocked a possible move of tmac earlier in the season but we'll never know.

Morey knows that its all about having the team do well but I wonder what sort of impact Yao has on Les' pocket book. Clearly the team is not selling out consistently like other places the only way that happens is if you have a winning team, even if its not packed with super stars. Morey has shown shrewdness in acquiring talent on the cheap. While I prefer to have a team to be centered around Yao if his body cannot keep up with the grind (and china will never let him rest if it were up to them) then the team has to move on as painful as it maybe to everyone. I dont think there is a single poster here that is a Rockets fan who doesnt love Yao and everything he stands for

Daryl is going to have a long off season and many tough decisions ahead of him

17. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

No one wants to play 7 years for a team and with no appreciation anyway.

With Yao's injury status I don't think he's capable of leading a team, so there's a chance that Yao won't resign with Rockets, which is prob good for both of them.
    It would be fun to see Yao joins that 2010 freemarket, Rockets is gonna be wild open to sign some superstars.

18. luisantonio1014

Why rebuild? we already have a good core of yound players whom we know will be all-stars in the future! add that to our core of vets of Yao, Mac, Artest, and Battier and you have a championship team. This team just needs to stay healthy for a whole season.

19. aragorn

aragorn Member

rumors had that Wade is not really satisfied with heat.

now Morey time, please replace TMAC with Wade.

wade,battier,artest can win championship already

20. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

That's irony, Yao lead team to get 53 wins this season and did get out the 1st round and then you said he should be traded. How smart you are