1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This is quite the enlightening debate between the lifelong Democrat Os Frigonomics and arch-conservative MojoMein...

Pizza_Da_Hut and leroy like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is there statistical data that shows how oppressed conservative Berkley students are or is it just anecdotes?

Because I'm pretty sure when making grand claims of systemic oppression anecdotes are shitty because you can make any case using anecdotes.

There is plenty statistical evidence to suggest that US citizen overpay for health insurance, are under insured, have a massive student debt problem and are one of the worst counties amongst developed nations in providing early childhood care services relative to other developed nations.

The craziest thing is that I can't believe I even attempted to debate against a reductive meme.
    Shame on me I guess.

#483 fchowd0311, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Former Clinton pollster Mark Penn is predicting that Hillary Clinton will run for president again in 2020, if Joe Biden decides not to:

EX-CLINTON POLLSTER: Hillary will run if Biden doesn’t — or field is ‘too far left’

Yes, Hillary Clinton really may run for president again. Former Clinton pollster Mark Penn told Fox News this morning there are a number of scenarios that may lead to a third Hillary candidacy.

“If the party looks too far to the left and there’s no front runner, she’ll get in,” he said.
    “I think if Joe Biden gets in, that probably means she won’t run if he gets in. If he doesn’t get in, I think the field will be open for her,” Penn said.

He went on to indicate Clinton has long despised the year before the election year, so that may underscore the point she will wait as long as she can to declare her candidacy.​

It appears the Joe Biden is not really all that excited about doing this again at 80 years of age. He looks to be ready to retire and play the role of an elder statesman who will periodically be called on for his observations. He is dragging his feet on making a decision about running and he is definitely not emitting a lot of eagerness here.

According to Penn, if Biden decides not to run, Hillary is poised to get in. All of the Democrats who do clearly appear to be running are climbing over the top of each other in their race to the left. Which leaves open a huge opportunity for someone to stake out the center/moderate/establushment wing of the party, especially if Joe decides to pack it in.

I hope she runs. Go, Hillary go! Stay tuned....

5. Rashmon

I believe this thread appears to be primarily a two man show for Mojo and Os.

fchowd0311 and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And you. And Fchowd. And a number of others....

Astrodome likes this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is just pure evil.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny how republicans are busying themselves with bills like this.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...live-abortion-survivors-protection-2019-sasse

Rashmon likes this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nook, ThatBoyNick, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yep. A sitting president has to seriously fumble the ball, not to be re-elected.

14. Rashmon

Good news for the Dems in 2020.

biff17 likes this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Haha :D well, we shall see.

I still don't see any of the announced Dem contenders as being serious candidates.

I think geriatric (or pervy) Uncle Joe is the Dems best shot at beating the God Emperor.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And it is still not entirely clear that Joe Biden is going to run. What happens to the primary contest for the Democrats if Joe Biden decides to sit this one out and retire?

17. fchowd0311

Good thing you ain't the arbiter of what is a "serious candidate".

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Neither are you, by the way.

BruceAndre likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Nope, I'm not but im not the guy so casually dismissing who is "serious" with zero reasoning.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bernie? What about Kamala? These are the Democrat's heavy hitters this time, no?

BruceAndre likes this.