1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yep. It's the same with the Trump "lies."

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Trump certainly has told a number of lies since he was President. But the leftists tell more lies accusing him falsely of lying than Trump ever has. They truly are unconscionable liars, far worse than Trump, that is a fact.

BruceAndre likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

There are so many Democrats running, in part, because they saw the clown elected in 2016 and think anything is possible and anyone can win.

All the weirdos and degenerates think they have a shot now.

It is going to be interesting to see how the field is cut.

I will not vote for Harris as she is disgusting. I have no desire to replace one incompetent criminal scumbag with another one in the White House.

Corrosion and astros123 like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I am a bit worried that having so many Democrats shooting for the presidency means that not enough of the big names will be running to flip the Senate.

He said: “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

I don't think I'm understanding him unfairly. You can split hairs all day on how we should understand what he tried to say. But, my post was about how should a liberal candidate talk when they court my vote. They won't get it by rationalizing away the racist appeals in stuff Trump says. I get the effect he was going for when he said this, and I really, really don't appreciate it.

Disgusting, incompetent, and scumbag are subjective I suppose. But why do you say Harris is criminal? Did I miss something?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ok, maybe there can be a debate about what Trump mean by "sending." I thought it was fairly obvious he was talking about illegal immigrants.

FWIW, I thought this was a deplorable statement by Trump. I think most illegals do want to work hard. But we can't ignore that a number of them do cause issues/engage in crime, etc. Is it the majority of illegals? Probably not. Is it enough for it to be considered a problem? Yes, I think it is.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

That's how I read it. But that's a bit irrelevant. It is not any better if he's confining his comments to the illegal immigrants. In his speech, he is saying essentially that we need to change our immigration policy because the illegal immigrants coming from Latin America are bad hambres come to do harm. The truth is they've mostly been hard-working people trying to get a better quality of life. They break administrative law, but mostly are not looking to hurt people, so he's mischaracterized them. But the worst part of the message is that Americans should be afraid. The insinuation is that we can't trust these illegal immigrants. Same with the travel ban -- you can't trust Muslims. You can't trust Black Lives Matter. Btw, you also can't trust the fake news media. You can't trust our allies. You can't trust the FBI. Can't trust past officials. Can't trust universities. Can't trust women. Trump is gaslighting all over the place. Racism and xenophobia are just another gaslighting trick. "I alone can fix it." We haven't seen this much fear mongering since the cold war.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So Kamala Harris is now coming out to legalize prostitution. Forget if you are in favor of this or against. This is a local issue. Politically speaking, this is a stupid issue for her to come out and take a provocative stance on. Like so many of her other radical positions, it throws red meat to her utterly depraved far left base and ignores the interests of more moderate voters, whose support the Democrat's nominee will need to have a chance to win in November 2020.

Kamala Harris gains momentum among Democrats with proposal to legalize prostitution

That open-air market of prostitutes and johns in Queens, undeterred by the constant threat of arrest and incarceration, has been cited by New York state lawmakers mulling whether it’s time to wave the white flag in the war on the world’s oldest profession.

The decriminalization debate among Democrats spilled into the 2020 presidential race last month when Sen. Kamala D. Harris of California said she was supportive of the idea — although the legalization crowd complained that she was still too timid.​

This is yet another issue that will win her some votes in the primary and will establish her as an extreme radical kook in the general election. Regardless of where you stand on this, this is a local criminal law and not something that we want or need Congress and the President to impose on people nationwide.

The clown car indeed. And this woman seems to want to win the biggest clown award.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!

11. jcf

jcf Member

And what happened to human trafficking?

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I give up, what happened to it?

13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Actually, legalizing prostitution would probably be one of the most effective actions toward reducing/ending trafficking. It's the same dynamic with anything that the police state has prohibited.

I don't like Harris as a candidate, but I will give her props for this. It's pretty brave. It might also be pretty stupid, from a political POV.

Corrosion, Nook and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Just a quick thought -- it's become increasingly clear that we cannot trust the FBI, the police, other LEOs, or all kinds of groups and institutions, so that sentiment is warranted in those respects, IMO.

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

What makes it a local issue?

16. JuanValdez

I agree the retail market for prostitution is a local issue and we don't need federal policy on it. But, it isn't totally irrelevant to federal policy. There is, unfortunately, a wholesale market built on human trafficking. I think that's a problem. So, whatever the policy is on retail prostitution, it needs to serve to help to destroy human trafficking. I don't see how legalization helps. But, if you can make it help, great. I don't think it's a problem that Kamala Harris has a view on it, even if she would not be in the right place as a President or a Senator by pass legislation on it. Her ideas on it will inform how she engages human trafficking and other adjacent federal policy.

Where do you get that? That's not clear at all to me. If it's becoming increasingly clear to you, I think you may have succumbed to Trump's distrust campaign.

MojoMan likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget the sales tax revenues ;)

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trump has made it abundantly clear he is absolutely fine with abusive techniques when it comes to law enforcement amongst poor communities.

Trump complains about the FBI based on how it effects him personally, not some altruistic notion of trying to reform law enforcement in this country.

In fact he calls people who protest bad policing practices in poor neighborhoods "sons of b****es" that should leave the country.

Do you agree with this? You seem open to believing there is a systemic problem with our LEO community. Or does it only pertain to how law enforcement "poorly" treats wealthy presidential candidates?

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This is the point I am trying to make in this thread about the Democrat's presidential contest. It is stupid from a political point of view for her to raise this issue as a candidate for president, if she is serious about winning that contest. However, if she does not consider herself as a serious candidate or if she really does not want the job, then this could make great sense for someone who just wants to be a extreme far left social agitator or something like that.

This is not smart for her presidential aspirations, if she actually has any, which it increasingly seems to me that she does not.

BruceAndre likes this.
  20. JuanValdez

Eh, I don't know about that. Trump opined on many things that aren't really in the federal purview but was elected anyway (e.g., how the NFL should respond to Kap, how policemen put perps into patrol cars). Maybe it doesn't really hurt presidential candidates to have opinions on things that aren't any of their business.