1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

GARM just wanna trade for trading sake. While we are at it, might as well take Turkoglu off Hennigan too. Morey is turning everyone into a Tradaholic.

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

1. It's fun to do trades. This is a random trades thread after all.

2. It's free.

3. It gives us something to discuss or debate on.

4. It's the off-season. There's not much basketball to watch or talk about.

5. Lighten up a bit. It's a fan forum. ;)

3. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

LOL I think I will stay away from this thread for awhile.

4. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Alright you won't be missed.

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

It's just for fun, really. I throw a ton of trades out, but just for the sake of thinking about what the team would look like, not because I'm desperate for Morey to make the trades or something. I'm sure everyone else is the same way. The offseason is just too boring!

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yep, you always have that option as well.

8. fattz

fattz Member

I like the thought and Denver would be a good trade partner. Really think Evan Fournier would fit nicely with Harden long term (in a Steve Kerr type role but bigger and with better D). KMH would fall in love with Chandler as well (35 minutes + a game but playing a different role every night). Like you stated only if Camby is signed.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Not to big on Harrison Barnes but i'd be okay with it. I'd take Klay Thompson to be our 6th man though.

Curry
    iggy
    Barnes
    Lee
    Asik

is better than

Curry
    Thompson
    Iggy
    Lee
    Bogus

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Barnes is going to be an all star within 5 years. I don't see why the Warriors would do that. I would love to have him starting at the 3 and Chandler at the 4. I would do this trade every day. I don't think the Warriors would.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I disagree, Harrison Barnes is more of a complete package than Klay Thompson, especially on both ends of the floor. Plus, we can switch Parsons and Barnes at the 3 and (stretch) 4 spots.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons/Barnes
    Barnes/Parsons
    Howard

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I live in CO also and like the Chandler/Fournier combo, but I'd want a 1st also. That combo doesn't seem like what Morey would go after for Asik.

Took the fam to see Roxs in Denver last season and Fournier played fantastic.

14. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I think this could only happen if les is willing to pay deep luxury tax, by resigning both chandler and Barnes to long term deals when they hit FA

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yup, Barnes is a future All-Star in this league. Although i think Asik would make them even more formidable and complete, i just don't see them letting go of Barnes. They are that high on him and who can blame them? Barnes is a stud.

The Warriors are even more talented now with the addition of Iggy but they will never be a serious threat because their starting center can't stay on the court.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would like to see what the current roster can do - There is really no hurry or advantage in a trade just for trades sake. Morey is an opportunist not a panic buyer. Who knows what kind of value a Caanan, Young or Covington can become. Same with Lin & Asik, both will be more valuable when season is in swing.

18. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Yup...I was ketchup & mustarded out at that game too. They had our # last yr for sure. Will be interesting to see how many bandwagoners show up when the Rockets come here next season. Pretty sure there were only like 6 Rockets fans at all the games I've been to up here so far. Kinda fun being the only person in your section rooting for the other team.

19. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Part of the reason Karl is gone is because he favored Kufous & didn't develop McGee, allegedly anyway. All the first round losses played a bigger part I think. They seem very committed to McGee moving forward.

Gallo just tore his acl towards the end of last season & his surgery was pushed back for a long time too. Not expected back til mid-season, last I heard. He always seems to be hurt too.

Whoever penciled Gallo in as our "stretch 4" (after proposed trade) would be sorely disappointed in the result. He's not really an Irsan Ilyasova type player. He's more athletic, attack the rim, good (but inconsistent) outside shooter kind of player, definitely best suited to be a 3. Can't really guard 4s either. Wilson Chandler would be better suited for that role, especially if he bulked up a little. He plays bigger than Gallo, even though he is listed as a 2.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

You are too harsh on Jeff Green. He started the season very poorly which is normal for a person who just missed a year of basketball. In the second half of the season (the last 50 games or so) he averaged 15-5 with Harden-like efficiency and good defense. Essentially, he was a slightly better Parsons. That doesn't make him a star, but it makes him a very good starter, if he maintains it.

1 person likes this.