1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

We would be favorites in the West (if it works salary wise). The problem I have is not only were we going to have a problem with touches for Harden, D12 & LMA, but now we are going to add Granger to the mix. Chemistry plays a big part in winning. Who would be willing to sacrifice like Bosh and Wade (to an extent) did in MIA. Instead of 3 now you have 4. Plus Granger missed all of last season, and we don't know how he will come back. Are we willing to take a gamble? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea cause it puts us atop of everyone on paper. But we know games are played on the floor and the things I stated above (chemistry/health of Granger) or my fears.

I could see Portland accepting the trade, cause they get a starting C and two really good bench guys. Bulls will take the deal cause they get a young/cheap SF, which allows them to trade Deng for more pieces or picks. I'm not too sure that Pacers would want Lin, but I could be wrong.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Pacers got no moneys to pay Lin in 2015. He puts them way over tax.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

It does work on espn trade machine. And yeah it would take some time to get the chemistry going. It took Miami a couple of years before they gelled and they were friends. Giving up a healthy, young Parsons who meshes well for an Granger who is coming off a serious, long injury is my biggest question in the trade for us. If I thought he was semi healthy then I would. The Pacers might be open if they needed the cash and believed in Linsanity.

4. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Miami made it to the finals the first year, and that's cause they have Lebron. And by being friends that helped with chemistry, but they still haven't really mesh well on the offensive end. They still just stand around as the other play one on one. Their offense looks better when Lebron or Wade is on the bench (better floor spacing with shooting). They hang their hat on defense, and other than D12 and Granger (at times) I don't see Harden or LMA laying it all out on D as LBJ, Wade and even Bosh does.

5. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

To Add: I love this trade on paper, because we would clearly be the best team in league especially if we get Camby. Two of those guys would have to be willing to take a back seat for a Championship. Which two would it be?

D12/Camby/Smith
    LMA/Jones/DMo
    Granger/Casspi
    Harden/Garcia/Williams
    Bev/Brooks/Canaan
    "Paper Champions"

I would see if Granger will come off the bench for instant offense with Brooks, and let Casspi or Garcia start. Tell him that he will still get his minutes; only way I see it working.

6. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Worst trade proposal I think I have ever seen. So we give up our future team leader/possible all-star/team MVP/Glue Guy in Parsons, our starting PG, our PF of the future with great stretch potential in Donuts, our All-Def team C in Asik, last years lottery pick that cost us a couple players and a 2nd rounder for a fantastic PG who is a rare distributor, but who still cant shoot from anywhere, the FT line, from 2 or 3, and has a bad temper, piss-poor attitude and cannot play off the ball??????

It would be cool to have 3 players who could garner all-star starter votes in the Beard, DH12 and Rondo, but Rondo's game and mentality are about the worst you could bring into Houston right now, and he would take touches away from Harden in volume, which is detrimental to Houston's progress. Rondo would be great in lotsa situations, but Houston isn't one of them and I think he would set us back on the court, not to mention you gave up 3 starters and one of the top prospects in Houston in a long time in Donuts, plus a 2nd rounder which is just as valuable to Morey as a top 15 pick is to most GMs...

Horribly lopsided trade in Boston's favor, unless they throw in Jeff Green, Kelly Olynik, Avery Bradley and all 3 1st rounders they got from NJ to balance out how awful this is for Houston as far as player losses and team continuity.

This trade will never happen, especially as *ucked up as you proposed it...

7. fattz

fattz Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nmy9vcz

Asik
    for
    Kendrick Perkins and Jeremy Lamb

Perkins off the bench for 8 - 10 minutes or at the end of bench with no playing time would not hurt the team. Lamb is a jewel that is now starting to shine. Lin and Lamb off the bench would be hard to beat :grin:.

BTW Lamb has started to play a little point as of late :eek:.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Why would OKC make that trade when they have Adams...??? Plus they need Lamb's scoring off the bench...

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member