1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'd like to think the Texans simply outclass the Titans but sadly...I just don't think that's the case. I think this one is going to be a brawl and the Texans are not exactly known as a tough team. Particularly after that mind-f****** Belichick put on em. No JJ to save anyone's bacon. Sigh....

Check my signature too, PM me if interested! Should be a good game

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

While still silly, that's not what you said: "If they don't win this game comfortably this team is done for the year." There are no style points in the NFL. A win is a win, and a 3-0 victory has about the same long-term ramifications as a 32-0 one would. Which is to say: none.

Also, do you honestly think that if they lose this weekend and then run off three straight against the Vikings, Colts and Broncos, that it won't matter because, well" lost to the Titans? That is silly.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I want a win and multiple sacks by Clooney. Oh, and 30 points.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If they lose to the Titans at home what makes you think they can win enough games to make the Playoffs this year? That's what I mean, Texans need to beat the teams that they should beat if they hope to win the division this year.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Good teams beat divisional opponents at home. I don't care how or how pretty, just get the WIN!!!

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

What makes you think an off week has any long-term ramifications? The Seahawks lost at home to the Rams... should they pack up their things and start planning for next year?

I mean, they *need* to win, don't get me wrong. But losing doesn't mean their season is over. Stop being so needlessly dramatic.

Uprising likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I was saying during the game....players don't just turn around a pop another man's face mask. That guy did something to strong even if they won't show the whole replay. If bet the appeal goes through

11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Titans aren't terrible, and Texans are coming off an absolutely awful 10 days. I expect this to be a lot closer than many of you appear to expect...

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, the Titans aren't terrible based on what? Beating the Lions by 1? The 1-2 Lions.

What specifically about the Titans is better than terrible?

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You do this with every team...The Vikings suck because they need Peterson and an all-world defense...yet, they havent had AP and they're steamrolling. Or, the Patriots suck without Brady and we should easily beat them.

You overrate the Texans and underrate the opposing team...every week.

And the Titans actaully played the Vikings tough...and we're a blown call away from going to OT with the Raiders, who are decent.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say that they "suck", I said the Vikings might be beatable due to AD being out. The Titans legitimately suck.

I also never said the Pats suck, I said that they could be beatable due to the players they were missing. The Texans instead shot themselves in the foot over and over again.

Anyway if this was just trolling, well done.

15. rezdawg

You go into every week expecting a win...like when doing the season predictions, you basically make it a point where it would be shocking if the Texans lose. Newsflash...the Texans are maybe a slighty above average team, at best...we're absolutely in no position to be so confident every week, even if we play "crap" teams. Yes, the Texans should absolutely beat the Titans, but is it a game that's in the bag? Absolutely not. I expect Osweiler to step up and do some good things this week.

tmactoyao likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not true. Sure, I was shocked that they got beat up by the Pats who were missing so many, but how many people who weren't just pessimists weren't shocked by that? They shot themselves in the foot over and over again.

Anyway you aren't really saying anything different than I am when you say that the Texans should absolutely beat the Titans.....I mean you feel the need to point out the obvious, that it's not "in the bag" and I consider that something to be assumed. Any team can win on any given Sunday. Saying that there's no excuse for losing isn't the same as saying that they can't lose.

The Texans have a really easy schedule this season, so most games should be "winnable", that's not discounting the opponent or hyping up the Texans, it's just how it is.

17. rezdawg

Saying we have an easy schedule is discounting the opponent...we have a much harder schedule this year compared to last. Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Vikings...all on the road. Just that alone makes this year much more difficult than last.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, that's 4 difficult games....how about the 12 others?

19. rezdawg

I'd assume a 4-2 division record. Im thinking we'll lose those 4 I mentioned on the road...and, at best, 2-1 against the Raiders/Chargers/Bengals. I'll give us a win against the Lions. Not having JJ hurts...and could be the difference in any of the toss up games.

That leaves us at 9-7. Maybe we can hit 10 wins, but things would have to fall in place nicely for us.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And I would suggest that is a conservative estimate assuming no more injuries. When you're looking at 9 or 10 wins conservatively....that's a pretty good schedule.