1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

1) As expected, the combination of Mariota, Demarco, & Henry has been very solid, and Houston's biggest defensive weakness to date is their run defense - I believe we've allowed 100+ yards on ground each of the 1st 3 games.

2) Titans played tough agains the Vikings in week 1, yes without Bradford or Bridgewater, but they managed to put up 16 against a Top 3 Defense. Our offense has struggled mightily to put up points, and I think if the Titans can score 16 agains the Vikings, they can score 16 against the Texans. Can the Texans put up 16? Mind you the Titans held the Raiders, one of the better Os in the league, to just 17 points.

The Titans aren't terrible based on the above. Mariota hasn't made a massive leap, but their O-Line is better, their run game is better, and their defense, at least through 3 weeks, appears to be better. I just don't think it's going to be a blowout.

2. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

1) As expected, the combination of Mariota, Demarco, & Henry has been very solid, and Houston's biggest defensive weakness to date is their run defense - I believe we've allowed 100+ yards on ground each of the 1st 3 games.

2) Titans played tough agains the Vikings in week 1, yes without Bradford or Bridgewater, but they managed to put up 16 against a Top 3 Defense. Our offense has struggled mightily to put up points, and I think if the Titans can score 16 agains the Vikings, they can score 16 against the Texans. Can the Texans put up 16? Mind you the Titans held the Raiders, one of the better Os in the league, to just 17 points.

The Titans aren't terrible based on the above. Mariota hasn't made a massive leap, but their O-Line is better, their run game is better, and their defense, at least through 3 weeks, appears to be better. I just don't think it's going to be a blowout.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's 10 wins if we get lucky...7 or 8 wins is very possible. We're an above average team, but might end up with average results due to the schedule. If we had last year's schedule, we'd be looking at 11 wins.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I will be VERY interested to see the offensive adjustments we've made based on the dumpster fire in NE.

Well, assuming there ARE offensive adjustments.........................

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

7. conquistador#11

something was off. It was too much shotgun, pistol and luger for even jim kelly.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Halle-freaking-lujah.

Kid shanahan's crayon playbook with Mr. Kubiak's A-pluses and gold star stickers all over it featured more flow and schematic depth. Godsey somehow seems to call completely random plays that are also basically the same running play and outside the hash passing over and again.

BO'B is saving his boys job here because anything less than a competent, professional looking offense at this point MUST result in his dismissal. Shutouts are not acceptable. Not even for this kid glove wearing franchise.

We've been watching them pound runs up the middle when that's probably the worst direction for this personnel. We've been waiting going on a 3rd year for them to develop a receiving threat over the middle when they've got no slot receiver nor TE to speak of. Except do-all superstar DHop this offense and its touted mastermind has nothing to lean on. They finally tried to build something offensively with all the offseason moves and despite on-paper potential we've seen very little of it come to fruition. Fuller has shown his boom/bust nature and they seem to have a problem knowing when to go to him. BMiller is hurt and has been very shaky. LMiller has been used in a curious and not very productive manner. Brock has been up and down and has had very little help from his OL. Even Hopkins seems to make plays to spite what's going on around him but all told I don't think he's having the season we want to see so far. The good news is there's time to gel and move onward. The bad news is the defense can't be leaned on as hard with all-universe JJ going down.

Yeah, there's some hope to find but I want to see them hit a rhythm and STAY there for a while on offense because they've really been dragging ass since the 2-14 season.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm calling this game the Evisceration of What. That guy talked all kinds of **** about how the Texans didn't address any areas of need, and that the Titans were going to run all over us, and end up with a better record. I swear on Durga, if the Texans embarrass us all again like they did last Thursday, and what gets the last laugh, I really might have to question what it is we're doing here.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Bears - 76
    Chiefs - 119
    Pats - 185

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Titans lol. As bad as Brock is I still think he beats the Titans

Texans 23
    Oilers 14

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Kendall Wright and Delanie Walker are 2 major offensive upgrades at each position, almost 8 rounds of talent. That's getting a dose of 8 hour energy.

15. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

As classic as this may sound, this game will come down to who runs the ball better. For the Titans, I think a huge factor of this is Mariota running the ball. If he can bide some time and use his legs to pick up chunks of yards and first downs, our defense is in for a long afternoon.

From our perspective, we need to have a throwback to those Kubiak drives and POUND THE ROCK. As much crap as he gets for his reserved play calling, O'Brien has not come close to running the ball as effectively as Kubiak lead teams.

First game without JJ Watt since 2010, our defense needs as much rest as possible. If our offense can average 4 yards a carry and we put Mariota in some 3rd and longs, I like our odds.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's finally Sunday? Felt like the Texans played weeks ago.

17. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Cushing is playing today.

Coming back too soon? Had a sprained MCL...

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Delete, wrong Forum

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That's a pain management deal.

The small tear could have been located on the side of the knee etc.

I highly doubt he's being rushed back.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i've successfully avoided any post game national media crap since the blow out. it's like nothing happened! expect that is exactly what the texans did last week vs Pats, nothing.