1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bills

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I'll let you be shocked when you finally figure it out on your own. No worries.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I take Bobby saying Hoyer may throw an interception as him complementing Hoyer.

I mean, every quarterback may throw an interception every week, and some are virtually guaranteed to throw at least one each week. Look at the Manning brothers, for instance.

The fact that he's worried Hoyer MAY throw one, means that Hoyer hasn't thrown many (which is true). I think it's like the first step to him admitting Hoyer is actually playing as well, if not better than Fitz did for us last year. Oh, and also that Hoyer against Mallet thing.

Also lost in the shuffle is the fact that even if Hoyer does throw a pick, our defense is now good enough to pick him up, and limit any potential points from it.

Also, its funny that he's worried about Hoyer throwing a pick against the Saints. Hoyer has thrown one more pick and five times as many TD's as his boy Turf Cannon did in his time here. Somehow, Hoyer is infinitely inferior, though.

#62 Two Sandwiches, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ok, so lets say Hoyer has an atrocious game and throws 4 INTs. That still doesnt take away from the fact that Hoyer has been playing very well this season.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think Hoyer will take care of the ball which means lots of short passes. Maybe one or two long bombs on play action.

I just hope not to see anything like the pick he threw to the Saints. What a stupid throw.

5. Indaface

Indaface Member

That Saints pick was not as bad as his pick against Indy but boy was it horrible.

Against a team like Buffalo on the road we need Hoyer to limit his terrible decisions to 1 at maximum and hopefully Buffalo drops the pass or something.

I'll give Hoyer credit the offense has actually been watchable this year and I figured when Arian went down the chances of that were slim to none.

Although to be fair most of that is the increased quality in the line and Hopkins skill/trick wildcat plays. Still though with Mallett at qb we would probably be 3-8 right now.

6. ABforPresident

I'll be at the game on Sunday, should be a good one!

Has anyone been to Buffalo that can give me some advice/tips?
    (Good places to eat, what to do/see, what's the stadium like)

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Eddie and his hot wife should be there too. You should link up.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll be there too.

I'm in section 120. 3rd row.

I've been there once before. Had a good time. Traffic will be bad after the game, so stay a while. You can pay to park in people's yards around the stadium. I think I parked at the community college last time. There's basically two small roads in and out of the stadium.

As far as places to eat, uhhh...there's not a ton of places. Orchard Park isn't a huge place, but there's some chain places nearby. I know there's your typical Red Robin, etc.

You could Google a place called Blasdell Pizza. It's decent, but technically in Hamburg, which isn't far from the stadium, at all. Hamburg is where a lot of players live. Good wings, if I remember right. We used to stop there ten years ago, but I haven't been since. Pizza is kind of thicker, not New York style. I think there's one fairly close to the stadium. Might be super busy though.

I live about 100 miles from Buffalo, so I'm not huge for suggestions, unfortunately.

Weather should be decent. Around 45-50.

Might try and male a sign that says, "You can keep (picture of Super Mario), We've got (Super Man logo)" and maybe have like #99 on it. What do you guys think?

#68 Two Sandwiches, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Are you really this dense in real life. Hoyer throwing 1 INT doesn't mean he will throw one in the Bills game. It doesn't mean the Bill defense will score off of any of our turnovers either.

I understand you do like Hoyer. He is playing better than what we expected and it just seems as if you really hate being wrong. Please stop with the madness Bobby, you're indeed reaching on this one.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If you can get all that on a poster, then Im down with that.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Two weeks? They've done Thursday-Sunday duty literally every single week since game 2.

But they're being off explains why Texans/Bills have been regulated to the #5 team.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

But Cam Newton doesn't wear 99.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL what?

Seriously did you actually watch any of the Texans games this year?

"Hoyer has been playing very well this season."

This is a joke.

Dude just take a look at the tape on how he played his last game, how much time he had in the pocket and just acted like a scared rabbit and then eventually threw a terrible pass.

And that's against one of the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not every week... they had a Sunday off earlier in the season as well.... and I only mentioned the last 2 weeks as being different since Thanksgiving was involved, and they probably got zero family time since they called the national game of the week on Sunday.

Considering they do 2-3 days of on-site prep-work for the game they're calling... that's a ton of time on the road for the #1 team.

I honestly don't know why they force them on the awful Thursday games (especially the ones on NFL network only, and not on CBS)... but like I said before, tonight's game is on CBS as well.

#75 Nick, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are absolutely right, but I have a feeling some are just trying to push an agenda which blinds them to what is obvious to everyone else.

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

When the Texans finish the regular season on a 9 game winning streak will you give Hoyer props then?

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Those first two drives were almost flawless. He wasn't the same after that interception but he didn't cough it up anymore and still led a touchdown drive.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If there were ever more of a statement that defines "Pot calling the kettle black", I'm not sure what that could be.

But thanks for surmising everybody's viewpoint on you so succinctly and perfectly.

1 person likes this.
  20. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be worried that this guy is the only one that shares your viewpoint.