1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bills

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

You're assuming they are not the same person.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans winning games is not relevant to his performance. If Hoyer performs well against good defenses, I'll give him props for doing so. When he's terrible, will you admit (or even be able to recognize) that he's terrible even if the Texans happen to win the game?

Also, don't fall into the trap that so many foolish posters here have fallen into, I don't WANT Hoyer to perform poorly.....it's just what he does. I'd love nothing more than for Hoyer to play well in non garbage time against a legitimate defense, it would give me a lot more hope for the Texans going forward, it's just not something that happens.

I'm not worried about it really, it might be the only person here....but this place isn't known for having a whole lot of really smart football conversation. If this is the only other person that realizes the obvious, it's just another indictment of those who attempt to talk about football here.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How do you have the time to post here and on the Ravens forum?

4. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh okay. Repeating the same BS over and over regardless of reality now qualifies as "real football talk"?

You should change your moniker to Bobbythespecial.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It comes down to knowing what you are seeing when you watch a football game. There's a lot here that clearly don't know what they are seeing when they watch games, which is fine, but it doesn't make for great football conversation when the majority are just casual fans.

I know we're coming off of a game where some might think Hoyer played well....unfortunately they fail to realize that it wasn't even an average QB performance against the Saints terrible defense this year.

The average QB throws for 284 yards 3 TD's and 0 interceptions with a QB rating of 115.9. While Hoyer's numbers were amazing for him, put in that context, they weren't even average.

6. crose

Supporting Member

Neat. So by this profound standard, you would have to agree that he was above average against:

Indy, Jax, Atl, and Ten.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-average-team-passer-rating

Seems like a far cry from your "worst QB in the league" assessment.

This guy on the other hand...

[​IMG]

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't start against Atlanta or Indy, he came in to play garbage time in Atlanta against 3rd stringers and the rest are the garbage of the AFC South....one of which he didn't even start against. Also, when it comes to the Colts game, his numbers were heavily padded due to a hail mary TD pass that was a fluke.

Basically when you look at the games that he actually played well in you're talking about the Titans, Jags, and Saints, 3 pathetic teams.

We'll see how he does against the Bills, if he can have even a decent game, it'll go a long way towards me having some faith in him, but as of now I still think he's the worst QB on the roster....and has been all year long.

8. crose

Supporting Member

Quit moving the needle, Robert.

Using your standard, he has been above average in over half of his games. Mallett has been well below average against ALL of the teams he played, except for KC when he....wait for it.....came in during garbage time.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's context. You can't point to a game where he came in for garbage time against 3rd stringers as evidence of him performing well.....do I really have to explain that to you?

Also, I don't get why you are even bringing Mallett up, he's not on the team and is completely irrelevant to this conversation which is about Hoyer.

I mean, thanks for trying, but if this is the best you can do....maybe you shouldn't have. I maybe get the blind homer move of trying to put on a happy face when it comes to Hoyer, but the guy has been garbage against all but the worst the league has to offer in non garbage time appearances.

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

Please stop arguing with bobby about the qb guys...remember this guy used to and continues to campaign for Mallett despite the fact that Mallett proved he was nothing more than a joke that is terrible off the field and not much above that on the field.

Hoyer is not great, probably not even that good, but i'll take a hundred Hoyers over 1 Mallett any day of the week.

11. crose

Supporting Member

And yet you ignore the context of the 1 game you used to call Hoyer below average. After Hoyer led 2 flawless scoring drives, the Texans D allowed for a very conservative gameplan following Hoyer's lone boneheaded play.

Because his nude Fathead still tucks you in at night. Don't deny this.

Right on cue, Robert the special plays "thanks for trying blah blah blah" card.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I heard Mallets workout led to the ruining of the Ravens field

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">J.J. Watt leads the NFL with 13.5 sacks this season. The entire Bills defensive line has 10.0 sacks combined this season.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/672487018023161857">December 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm not a Hoyer fan but if you can't admit that he is playing much better this year, you're just a hater. His rating for the Saints game is 107.6, QBR was 79.6. Higher than his 94.4/69.7 average this season (career best if you exclude the 3 games he played in 2011 where he threw one pass). I've been waiting for him to have a Hoyer-like game for six weeks but it hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping it never happens.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, again reminding me that I'm making the mistake of trying to talk football on a basketball site. Good job kids.

16. crose

Supporting Member

Keep telling yourself that as Mallett continues to kiss you goodnight in your dreams.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I see you're living up to your username.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Much better than what?

His rating for the Saints game was high, but was considerably lower than the average QB rating against the Saints this year. They are literally one of the worst defenses the NFL has ever seen....doing decently yet still below average against them isn't really something worth bragging about. Hell, he even had Hoyer moments in that game.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't be shocked when he plays a competent defense and it's the Dolphins or Chiefs game all over again. He's still that QB even if garbage time and playing against awful teams have made some people forget that.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not even intelligent trolling, I expect that type of BS from Mr. Clutch but surely you can do better.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What's keeping you here?