1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bills

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Noon Sunday on CBS. Announce team will be our good friends Ian "Screamin" Eagle and Rich Gannon.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Texans are an early 4 point favorite.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Buffalo has a horrible run "D" so I say SS gets the elusive 100 yrd game this week and OD continues to roll even if AJ is out. Buffalo couldn't pass very well even with Trent Edwards in the lineup and even though I actually like Fitzpatrick the Texans should do enough on "D" to limit anything the Bills do.

Texans 28
    Bills 10

Side note: I really hope we get atleast the B team for CBS next week against the Colts. I doubt will get the "A" with NE and NYG playing high profile games on CBS that week.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sunshine or snow I expect the Texans to go into Buffalo and get a win easily. Bills offense is anemic and their defense isn't any better. Slaton gets 200 yards from scrimmage and doesn't cough up the ball once. The coaching staff will finally put foot to throat and continue to throttle these guys into the fourth.

Hou 36
    Buf 10

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Texans win and go 2 over .500!!!!

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hasn't Fitzpatrick burned us before when he was with St Louis? I hope Slaton has a good game Sunday because I have a bad feeling Buffalo isn't going to give Schaub much to throw to. Hopefully Matt plays smart and doesn't try to force anything since our defense should be able to handle their offense.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Kind of worried about the weather. Can the Texans going to play well in possible sub-zero and even snowy conditions?

On paper we are definitely better than the Bills. But this is an away game in a pretty unusual environment. So I'm a bit worried. Hopefully the coaching staff gives the players adequate preparation.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

they won in green bay last year and in chicago a few years ago when the temps were close to 0.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not really, that was the fluke 10 points in 35 seconds game in the 2-14 year. It was basically him throwing it up to his recievers on deep routes and them making plays along with an onside kick. We destroyed him last year when he was with Cincinnati but saying that I like him if you put the right pieces around him, wouldn't have minded the Texans going after him instead of Dan O.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Current forecast shows a high of 51 and 30% chance of rain. Weather shouldn't be a factor.

I'm still leaning towards the opinion that they should rest AJ this week. I'd rather him be 100% for Indy than take a chance at serious damage this week. No reason we can't beat Buffalo w/o AJ.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

(hopefully) 5-3 Texans vs. (probably) 7-0 Colts should be a high enough profile game to get the A team. NE is home for Miami and NYG is home for SD, but at 3:15. Though, it could also go to the Batimore @ Cincy game.

12. msn

msn Member

That's happened what, once in their history? Man, that would be awesome. Even if they take a half off ( ;) ).

That said, the following has been on my mind since yesterday about this game:

[​IMG]

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

We get Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots for the Indy Game

14. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

it's not so much the colder weather, as it is the wind.. john mcclain keeps bringing up the wind, and although i don't think much of the crap he says, he's right about the windy conditions in buffalo.

may not be related much but even drew brees didn't throw a TD when he played at buffalo... the running game did the job and that was only in the 2nd half..

i say we need a big game from our RB's, even if that means chris brown pounding it for 4 yds/carry..

i don't think matt will get more than 1 TD this game.. and hopefully he doesn't make any foolish throws and turn it over.

i think this game, more than any game, if we win the turnover battle, we will win the game..

15. conquistador#11

Do we have film on the harvard dood? :p
    I expect the defense to play their best game of the season causing turnovers left and right. On offense, protect the ball at all cost.

Texans win 24 to 9

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well let's pray it isn't windy. I certainly wouldn't mind extreme temperatures -- the last time the Texans went on the road into a deep freezer Schaub exploded for a career high in yards and touchdowns.

17. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

the issue with wind is that matt doesn't have the strongest arm, like cutler or favre. he doesn't rifle the ball in, but puts a little more air and touch into his passes.. i think this makes his passes more susceptible to the wind, especially if he tries anything 20+ yards... OD and SS will be the keys in the passing game, and hopefully we don't try to take too many deep shots if it's not 1 on 1.. the buffalo safety got a few picks this past week on overthrown balls

18. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Bills 37
    Texans 10

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

KEVIN WALTER JUST SUCKED THE GRAVITY OUT OF THE BUILDING!

JEFF ZGONINA WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The Texans should win this one and set up a good game against the Colts next week...

Texans: 27

Bills: 9