1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2017.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Well wtf stop going to the games. Be a true team player and stay home.

TejasTom, ramotadab and Fulgore like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-texans-lose-watt-to-knee-injury-likely-for-season
    • This marks the second straight season in which Watt has been shut down early with injury, but unlike a season ago, he had been playing something like his best before going down, earning an overall PFF grade of 89.3 so far in 2017.
    • Watt hadn’t recorded a sack in 2017, but did take the quarterback down five times and had 15 total pressures to his name, the eighth-most pressures of any interior defender and the most among interior players yet to notch a sack.
    • With Watt down, Christian Covington saw a season-high snap count of 45, recording just one pressure on 30 pass rushes and earning a game grade of 44.4.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-kansas-city-chiefs-42-houston-texans-34

TOP 5 GRADES:

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
    QB DESHAUN WATSON, 80.1 OVERALL GRADE

Watson had a nice outing, but it wasn’t quite as impressive as the five touchdowns would suggest. He completed just six of 16 passes targeted 10-plus yards downfield. However, when he did connect with his receiver, it turned out well as those six passes went for 173 yards and 3 touchdowns. Overall though, he had an adjusted completion percentage of just 58.6 percent, third-lowest among quarterbacks through Sunday’s games.

HB LAMAR MILLER, 75.9 OVERALL GRADE
    The Texans eventually had to abandon the run game due to the flow of the game, but Miller strung together some good runs, particularly in the second quarter. He forced four missed tackles on 15 runs, and 43 of his 74 rushing yards came after first contact.

DI D.J. READER, 82.0 OVERALL GRADE
    D.J. Reader was able to show his value to this defense, as he was an anchor in the middle against the run but also showed some promise as a pass-rusher. He only recorded one hurry but he also knocked down the 2-point attempt by the Chiefs and was able to collapse the middle of the pocket often enough.

LB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY, 65.0 OVERALL GRADE
    This is was a typical Benardrick McKinney game, which highlighted both his strengths and his weakness. When McKinney is able to use his speed he can wreck havoc, especially when he is unblocked and screaming into the backfield. However when offensive lineman can get their hands on him, he struggles to get off of blocks. McKinney missed 1 tackle and recorded 2 defensive stops.​

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is where the metrics crowd loses me. Man accounts for 5 TD's....5....that's 30 points on the scoreboard, which displays the numbers that, ultimately, are the ones that are important...and we're gonna pick it apart because of an "adjusted completion percentage."

5 TD's..that's a "nice outing." Stop it.

4. conquistador#11

not only that but the low completion % is what the chiefs defense has been doing to hof qbs. They're pretty gewd.(altuve voice)
    Watson was the only reason 26-20 happened. defense couldn't stop anything.

red5rocket likes this.
  5. mario_v

mario_v Member

Texans should sign Mario Williams.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If a quarterback goes 5 for 30 with 5 touchdown and no picks and their team wins 35-21 or whatever, they would probably call that a bad game.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I also went to the game in 2010 game when Demeco tore his achilles, and the 30-0 embarassment vs Chiefs in the playoffs. Of course I've been to some good games but I was just throwing the bad ones out there.

red5rocket likes this.
  8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not concerned with the catch as much as receivers not having anyone within 4-5 yards of them on countless 3rd downs last night. 2nd time in 3 games where the secondary had no idea where guys were.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Happens quite a bit. Mario, Orakpo, William Jackson (UH kid), Justin Tuck, Cameron Heyward just to name a few the past few seasons.

Hell Mallett tore his during warmups.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Mallett was reaching for that snooze button

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Give me your tickets, now!

Fulgore likes this.
  12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve only been to one game and ironically it was the one Kubiak had the heart attack

Fulgore likes this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao c'mon man. I might go to the Arizona game next month

red5rocket likes this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll be happy to take those lol

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol I was there too. Andre scored 3 tds in the 1st half from Cougar Great Case Keenum. As smart as Kubiak was I would had loved to see him have a qb like DW4 in his system.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I dont have season ticks. I just try to go to about 2 or 3 games a year. tickpick.com doesnt have service or delivery fees so I usually just get them from there.

red5rocket likes this.
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wtf lol are you a season ticket holder?

Edit: answered

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Hey was this Hopkins career high in tds (3) in a game???

19. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

You should have known he would fix his footwork. After all he is a running back right?

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yes. Previous high was 2. Wouldnt shock me if he caught 3 again Sunday

red5rocket likes this.