1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now Looking at Butler, Melo & P.G deals (do you think we gave up too much for CP3 ?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Sep 23, 2017.

?

did we give up too much for CP3 on a expiring looking at butler, P.G, melo deals now ?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2017.
  1. Yes - we could've kept some assets to try to get a third star or looked at Butler or P.G

114 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No - I'm ok with giving up what we gave even tho we couldn't get melo that wanted to be here

88 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in full disclosure -- we also gave up two 1st round picks, and the player we got will also be a free agent

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly if we could have kept Lou Williams that would have been nice

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres really no need for him when your goal is to be better on the defensive side which is the obvious change for this coming season

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He could have been used next to Harden and Paul as a backup to Gordon. Just another pure shooter that can make a move off the dribble. Hopefully injuries dont expose this.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

think thats just too much. all the guys we picked up are interchangeable. lou needs the ball in his hands to be effective. not something that takes priority over improving defense and versatility on that end.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, and I LOVE me some Lou...

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Two very late first round picks, and early second rounders are usually up for sale.

I'm not too worried about Little Chris being forced to change schools again. Chris Paul's history shows us that he sticks to one team and gives it a real shot. Can't see him bolting for less money.

jayydela and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wonder if OP is from clear lake

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

How many teams would he be interested in that even have cap space next year? The Spurs are capped out after the Gasol and Mills extensions. The Lakers might be a threat if Lebron wants to team up there, but LA has also been rumored to go after George and Westbrook. They can't offer max contracts to everybody. Anyone who is worried about Paul leaving should name a team he could plausibly go to.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

It's almost impossible to imagine for several reasons.

I think we are CP3/Beard locked for the next 5 years or so. What arouses my curiosity though, is how outspoken Lebron is about reuniting with CP3, his best friend. I don't think he, nor Carmelo, nor CP3 or DWade, want to live in Cleveland. (Who does???)

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lou was gone regardless, either to match salaries for CP3 or dumping to clear space for CP3.

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I was just down there the other day. But I didn't see any lakes that were clear. Just a bunch of car dealerships and strip clubs.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I live right down the road, what strip clubs would you recommend?

14. Tha_Dude

I went to the Ritz. Lousy service but lots of Latinas and I like them.

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  15. CertifiedTroll

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

As long as the average weight of the chicks is less than me then I consider it a quality strip club

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  17. Tha_Dude

Yeah, this one was pretty ok. It wasn't as good as the church in terms of overall quality but i still think 100 pound girls + a 30 pound ass = 130 lbs of pure perfection. Perfect ratio for duder.

Latinas are bomb at that department too.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Sold

19. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I feel Morey had a way to get rid of RA, and that's how we would have been able to sign CP3 as a free agent. Morey should have forced the clippers to take RA, Bev and a 2rd pick. we could have used Lou, MH, and Dekker in a separate deal.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes the clippers would have glady taken ryno when they have BG and that monster contract they just gave him