1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not to pile on Harden, but this is a bit unbelievable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fighton, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

if true...

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/james-harden-partying-hard-all-weekend/227120

James Harden has been a huge disappointment for the Houston Rockets in their first two Western Conference playoff games, both of which they lost at home to the Portland Trail Blazers.

Harden has gone 14-of-47 (29.7 percent) in the first two games including a 3-for-14 performance from 3-point range in Game 1.

Even though Houston is down 0-2, it’s not time to write off the Rockets yet. They’re dangerous and could very easily win two in Portland, especially if you figure that LaMarcus Aldridge will cool off and Harden might heat up. But is there a reason why Harden hasn’t been at his best the past two games?

Nate Fitch, best known as Johnny Manziel’s close friend and business manager, is well connected and tweeted this after Game 2:

"Someone at the game tonight with a lot of credibility told me Hardin was partying hard all weekend. Selfish."

We consider Fitch to be a reliable source otherwise we wouldn’t have felt comfortable posting this.

This isn’t the first time a player struggling in the playoffs was ascribed to their partying. Rihanna said last year that JR Smith was slumping for the Knicks in the postseason because he was hungover from partying at clubs all night. Smith of course denied the charge, but few people believed him.

Let’s just hope this isn’t the case for the Rockets’ sake. And let’s hope that Houston maintains good focus on the road where it’s even more tempting to go out and party, otherwise this could turn into a sweep.

2. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Don't worry, no one's piled on Hardin yet. You're the first.

3. subzor

subzor Member

LOF detected

4. Asian Sensation

Harden likes to party? No wayyyy!!!!

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

James Hardin has not done jack for The Rockets in the playoffs... Should have traded for Haren instead.....

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

hahah.. harden/hardin typo but whatever... read the article. has nothing to do with lof this and lof that.. i'm not stating an opinion.

but whatever..

1 person likes this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

posted many times. First saw the tweet about Harden partying right after the game last night, posted in the game thread.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

He was partying before the playoffs started... what's the big deal? If he was partying after a loss that's a whole different thing

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Partying?! <strike>We</strike> They haven't won anything yet! :mad:

:p

#9 J.R., Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

... Hey Bud, let's party!

Seriously though, unacceptable if true. If I were his teammates, I'd be livid.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2014 postseason: James Harden has a 7.8 PER. Shooting 29.8%. 45 points on 47 shots.</p>&mdash; Tom Fehr (@TJFsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/TJFsports/statuses/459423332446642176">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. conquistador#11

i'd like my 'superstar' to get free vj instead of having to pay for it. =(

1 person likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

god damn...

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I bet anything Harden was at the strip club after game 2

15. Andrew Wiggins

He is 4-14 from three. That 3 he made has counted all season. They call the off ball foul, and count the three. Instead they took it away and he missed the next 1. Don't tell me 4 points would not have mattered in wither game.

The refs finally give us the foul, but at the worst possible time.

16. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

He was at House of Blues last Thursday for the YG concert but that's the only partying I know

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

tbh, Harden is trying to play his game, the one that management is trying to instill in everybody. Go for the layup and expect to get fouled, or jack up a 3. Their failed philosophy fails to quantify the lack of foul calls and the extra physicality + high intensity defense being played on every possession, which is how playoff basketball is played.

18. New Generation

If this is true....at least we have a reason for his poor performance. Now we can safely assume that he'll drop 40 every game from now on.

I say we beat Spurs in 6

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, sources just don't get any more reliable than "someone at the game."

20. autoprt

autoprt Member

most of the teams stuggle with 3's in the playoffs due to increase in defensive intensity. the path to the rim was open all night but we kept jacking up 3's when we weren't hitting.
    that was lunacy.