1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not to pile on Harden, but this is a bit unbelievable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fighton, Apr 24, 2014.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a huge Rockets fan, a huge Harden fan, a huge Lin fan, and pretty much everyone on the team.

I also keep positive about the team. I admit right now, I'm really bummed. I'm troubled by Harden's play, but also his unwillingness to publicly acknowledge the problem.

Or maybe it's more that he seems defensive about it. I think clearly the pressure is causing him a lot of stress (the scuffle with the reporter). I'm pleased because that means he cares, but it also appears that he doesn't really know how to deal with the pressure. It's scary when the team's best player does poorly when the team needs him the most.

Normally that isn't the case with Harden. He's clutch.

None of this means that the he can't snap out of it. I think a good game will really help him. Maybe playing on the road will take some of the pressure off.

The Rockets have gone to 0-2 before and won a series in the playoffs. They can do it again. It doesn't mean they will, but I'll never give up hope until the last game has been played.

As for the rumors of him partying: I don't put much stock into a rumor from twitter. Even if true, it doesn't mean that it's caused his slump in these playoffs. Maybe it has, and maybe he can learn from it. (If it's true). Either way it's nothing I'm concerned about.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

A pattern of what? :confused:

3. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Hell, I say let's hope that IS in fact the case. That can be fixed.

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

He had gotten destroyed at the rim twice before that. One clean and ridiculously vicious block, and one drive with contact but no foul call. I completely understood why he took the pull up. He typically is a great shooter but his shot has been way off the last two games. Regardless he needs to find his touch from the outside or Portland will continue to pack the paint and dare him to drive.

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You guys have to give credit where credit is due and Wesley Mathews and the Blazers D deserves a lot of credit on slowing down Harden. I hope he finds a way to get back into the groove of things.

6. chandlerbang21

You mean HAREN

7. chandlerbang21

Harden is to predictable on offense. Top of key 3, step back mid, or driving left towards the rim. They have shut this stuff down

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

James Garbage goes 7 for 28 tonight and the Blazers win in a blowout

9. RCPM

RCPM Member

This!

10. Penetrate&Creat

Won't be watching tonights game, but we're probably gonna lose.

Thanks Obama... I mean Haren.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Maybe it's me, but this series reminds me of the 04-05 playoffs when we were up 2-0 to the Mavs when they had HCA...

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Harden is the reason we lost BOTH games...more so in game #1. If he even play half as good as he did in the regular season, we would have won both games...that's how close both games are. There is no question he harms the team by not bringing his normal production. We expect Harden to play at least "good"...not excellent but AT LEAST "good". We didn't expect him to be THAT horrible and that stupid during crunchl time in the Playoffs. I thought he was smart like he shown during the regular season. Down by 1 pt w/ like 40secs left and you're jacking up 3?? That's not smart basketball. He seems to panick and try to go for homerun by shooting 3...try to be hero something..i dunno.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Harden will probably score around forty points tonight.

14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

"James Garbage" You could at least use some kind of creativity.

15. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

There was a thread about this earlier in the year and I can co-sign that harden parties a lot! In the finals against the heat he was on south beach partying, so this isnt surprising . Then again it is because he hasn't grown up

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Alright, "Garbage Garbage" goes 8 for 29 then blames it on the team defense.

17. JBar

JBar Rookie

Well, Harden does have a negative ws/48 and has been playing his usual piss-poor defense in these two games. The level of his play, especially when contrasted with LMA's, is remarkably horrible. But I too expect him bounce back.

As the founder of the Jason Friedman fan club, you might know the answer to this question: Are we going to get a Rocket's TV episode today so that we can see the boys' reactions to game 2? I want to see Ackerman go apoplectic.

18. sergio

sergio Member

HCA is a myth. Players admit they feel pressured at home more than on the road in the playoffs. Rockets would of stole game one in Portland and came home with a split.